It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple shootings at Jewish Community Center in Overland Park, Kansas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

I'm sorry you don't buy it but clearly many people are legit mentally ill.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

NthOther

Swills
reply to post by NthOther

This is clearly a hate crime, not a stupidy crime. You can fix stupid, but its hard to fix mentally ill.

Whats so sad is the rise of these mass killings. I wonder if the MSM is part to blame?

I don't buy the mentally ill argument anymore. We're all mentally ill, depending on who you ask.

Sad, yes. Surprising, no. And no one is to blame but ourselves. You and me.

Where did this p.o.s. get a firearm and ammunition to drive around with and shoot people up like a video game? Now THAT's disturbing.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

I must say people as a whole might be weird-ed out what with all the prophecies for all the main religions converging this year. I'm expecting this year will either be a wild ride... or dead quiet. Nothing in between this year.

But I agree with you, everyone is acting strangely. It's worrisome. I'm feeling more and more like I have just stepped into the twilight zone.
edit on 13-4-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Is there another video? The one I watched in your link doesn't show the suspect saying anything.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Goteborg

this is troubling...what is wrong with people????

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I live within 50 miles of Kansas City so this, as with everything that has happened in this area, hits home. They're saying three are dead, one injured, and the suspect is not local. He's a 70 year old male who supposedly yelled ' Heil Hitler' before firing upon Jewish Community Center. He also went to a retirement home where one of the deaths occurred. They found him in an elementary school parking lot.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Watching the presser on this horrible shooting now. The suspect is not a kid. He appears to be mid 40's, or older, slightly balding man. Reports of him shouting Heil Hitler while being arrested, but not confirmed as of yet. Won't address those questions at the presser.

SUSPECT YELLED ‘HEIL HITLER’: Three Shot dead At At 2 Jewish Locations In Kansas [UPDATED 5:00PM ET]
(Sunday, April 13th, 2014) - See more at: www.theyeshivaworld.com... uf

www.theyeshivaworld.com...

Des

edit on 13-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Chief of Overland Park says the guy is +70 yr old, not from KS, had a shotgun and possibly a handgun and an assault rifle.

FBI is on hand investigating to see if it is a hate crime.

OP will work with KCPD to see if there are any connections to the highway shootings...
edit on 13-4-2014 by OatDelphi because: update

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OatDelphi

My home town.. We live within a mile of the community center.

Not even a local guy. He should have just killed himself... effin Pu#@y
edit on 13-4-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alienjuggalo

Our little neck of the woods has been very active over the last few days/weeks... Highway shootings, Monkeys escaping and now this.

Not the best ways to show the world what life is like in KC.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Goteborg

I believe the report that he yelled Heil Hitler was something that was not caught on video, but a reporter said it sounded like that was what he yelled.

No proof of that however, that is just one person's word who heard it - cameras were not rolling at the time though.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It's good they are seeing if there is a connection to the highway shootings. It seems very possible and was my first thought definitely.

Since they think the shooting of the house in Leawood was connected to the highway shootings, it makes me wonder if the people shot during the highway shootings were also Jewish. Since they were shot in a moving vehicle with specific timing from a moving vehicle (for the best escape route), they could have all been followed and specifically targeted.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

KCPD has linked 12 vehicular shootings together, they haven't said how though. I know they removed a bullet from the house but I haven't heard if it was "linked" at this point.

Now adding to your thought... It made me wonder if the cars that were linked had something in common on them. Say like a similar religious styled bumper/window sticker?

Just a thought...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

They said they aren't ruling out a link with the house because of the vicinity of it to the other highway shootings.

Interesting piece from this article speaks of a few of the victims in the highway shootings also saw a white car... the man they arrested today who was shooting up the Jewish center and retirement home also has a white car I believe - the people from the retirement home said that they were looking into a white car there after the shootings.

A 66-year-old Kansas City, Kan., man who was shot at Saturday afternoon said he also plans to stick to streets and now carries a gun.

In his case, he was eastbound on Interstate 670 downtown just west of the Interstate 35 exit when he heard a loud noise that he immediately recognized as gunfire. He noticed two cars nearby, one of them white.

Two other victims also saw white cars near them when they were targeted.

The 66-year-old couldn’t safely pull over until he exited the highway. That’s when he saw the hole in his rear driver-side door.

Read more here: www.kansascity.com...=cpy

Something to wonder about anyway...

She said many police officers are at the scene and their focus appears to be on a white car in the parking lot.

www.kctv5.com...

Oh, they are saying this man is from Missouri... so he probably knew the highways really well if he is from KCMO.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Hopefully its that maniac whos been driving around shooting at cars on the highway in that area, my grandma told me about that, shes scared to even leave the house now.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I really hope its that guy, ive got a few family members who live in the KC Metro area, and theyve been scared to go out and do anything for the past month or so because that assclown.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Yeah... it is bad especially for the older people who frighten easily.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Well KCTV5 is reporting that the vehicle used had MO plates, but the OP chief failed to answer whether he was from MO. All that was said is that he isn't from KS.

But it is easy to assume that the vehicle is owned by the man and that he came across the statelines from Mo.

PS- The white car is very interesting.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

True, you are correct that it's only an assumption, and possibly a mistake.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Guess who is coming to Kansas City..

Westboro Baptist @WBCSays

@TimesofIsrael Thank God for shootings at Overland Park KS jewish centers! God didn't passover. Westboro to picket funerals.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

It would be nice if hotels in the area refused them a room.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join