It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple shootings at Jewish Community Center in Overland Park, Kansas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

For Jews, this is Yom Rishon, the first day of the week. Sunday is like Monday for Jewish people. The week ends on Shabbat or Saturday at sundown. We worship on Saturday, not Sunday.
edit on 13-4-2014 by maceov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

nenothtu
reply to post by candlestick

Yes, bad marksmanship indeed - especially for one using an "assault rifle" as I've seen already in one report. There are already folks jumping on the "ban evil black guns" bandwagon, but the lack of death ought to clue folks in to the fact that it's just a catch phrase in use.

isn't it amazing how these scumbags can't even wait until the bodies are cold to start in with the political agenda?

the MSM's view:

goddamn opportunist vultures.....

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

nenothtu
reply to post by Daedalus

There is a legal defense - the "heat of passion" defense - that is sometimes used to justify an otherwise unjustifiable killing. the gist of it is "Yer honor, I just got SO mad all of a sudden that I wasn't in my right mind, and my right mind had no control of me... so I did what I did". It's similar to the "temporary insanity" defense.

Calling it "black rage", "road rage", or any sort of rage just tries to systematize it, legitimize what is a recurring problem. People with recurring "rage" problems of any sort that get to the point of injuring strangers ought not to be out among the rest of us.

truth.

2nd line

edit on 13-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

vkey08

Daedalus

vkey08
My gods.......

just, can't get words out right now to express the sadness and disappointment I am feeling for this country right now..

why disappointment?

why not confusion, or.....confusion?

something seriously weird is going on....doesn't it make you the slightest bit curious?

No I'm not curious. My curiosity got me assigned to the worst darn assignment I could have ever been posted to, it's the LEA Equivalent of purgatory. I'm just sad that it's all come to this, instead of finally realizing that we should all live together and work together.

Sometimes questioning too much gets you in a cow patty load of trouble, I've learned to keep my questions on an incident like this to myself and people I can trust.

LEA?

you mean, you had some sort of real life problem from a thing you said here?

i'm extremely curious about all these things....i mean, maybe it's not a matter of there are more horrid events like this, maybe it's just that now the media is reporting EVERY SINGLE ONE of them...to give the perception of an uptick of violence across the nation...maybe it IS part of a broader agenda to ratchet up the fear, in order to scare the people into supporting policies that are against their interests....

maybe there IS a conspiracy.....or maybe the MSM are a bunch of crude, tasteless idiots, with no sense of tact, or propriety, and nothing better to do... -shrug-

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

OatDelphi

nenothtu

Furthermore, I don't believe there have been any actual hits in the highway shootings beyond hitting the car - equivalent to hitting the "broad side of a barn".

Actually there have been 3 highway-shooting injuries to date. Nothing fatal thank goodness, but drivers have been shot.

Thanks for the correction. I have a TV, but haven't even turned it on for around 4 months, and that was just to make sure it still worked, even then. Consequently, I didn't even know there WERE any highway shootings until I ran across this story this evening, and consequnetly am trying to catch up on events.

Long winded, I know, but it's explanation for why I sincerely thank you for the correction, and ain't being facetious.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

It's all good.

Just wanted to give ya a heads up.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OatDelphi

I admire Howard Stern for his immunity to insults. He walks thru
'em, like I walk thru my front door. And at the same time makes
his insulting guest feel right at home. Like a cat in a litter box.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Does anyone understand why on earth this man has two last names?

And why no one is explaining why he has two last names?

When he is a white supremacist he has one name... and when he is a murderer he has a different last name. Makes no sense... no sense at all. It's like they are making two separate people into the same person...
edit on 13-4-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

He may actually be the craziest person on the planet. This guy literally praises his deceased son's fire-bombing of a crackhouse in the auto-biography that he published in 1999.

But to put it simply... The guy has a very dirty history, he's a felon and needed aliases.

It's not two different people. He probably has been on quite a few watchlist since 1987 if not earlier. The Gov't knows exactly who he is.

I'm compiling quite a bit about him (www.abovetopsecret.com...)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

No it wasn't said here, I questioned something to my superiors directly at one point and got severely reprimanded for "attempting to stir a hornet's nest"

that was close to ten years ago now, and I've been languishing in Civil Rights ever since....not that I mind, I love the people that come in for assistance, but man do I miss field work.. a LOT.....

not going to go into more than that.. sorry.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I have some questions for people who live close to that area and are familiar with the local coverage, I've tried finding answers but have had no luck.

How does a man fire into a room full of Jews and fail to kill any Jews, but does kill two Methodists? Is this a case where the community center was hosting something for the entire community so most in the center at the time weren't Jewish?

How did the cops find the suspect so fast? I haven't been able to find anything about how exactly they found him, did they get a tip?

How did the media get video of the suspect being placed in the back of the police cruiser? The cops were looking for a white Toyota, there has to be quite a few of those in the area and there had to be a lot of cops out searching. Was there a media presence with every single cruiser out looking for the suspect or did they just get there really quick? Or was there a re-enactment?

I don't want to sound conspiratorial and the story makes sense but in my experience the police just aren't this good.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Goteborg
I have some questions for people who live close to that area and are familiar with the local coverage, I've tried finding answers but have had no luck.

How does a man fire into a room full of Jews and fail to kill any Jews, but does kill two Methodists? Is this a case where the community center was hosting something for the entire community so most in the center at the time weren't Jewish?

How did the cops find the suspect so fast? I haven't been able to find anything about how exactly they found him, did they get a tip?

How did the media get video of the suspect being placed in the back of the police cruiser? The cops were looking for a white Toyota, there has to be quite a few of those in the area and there had to be a lot of cops out searching. Was there a media presence with every single cruiser out looking for the suspect or did they just get there really quick? Or was there a re-enactment?

I don't want to sound conspiratorial and the story makes sense but in my experience the police just aren't this good.

Hi there - I'm familiar with the area and thought I'd stop lurking to shed some light.

He fired in front of the JCC. It's got a good gym and amenities and a lot of non-Jewish people go there. There was apparently some sort of singing competition that the teenage boy was attending, too. From what I understand, there was an off-duty reporter (Fox 4) there working out and she heard shots that sounded like a big boom (sounds like a shotgun to me). I've not heard any reports from eyewitnesses that say he was shooting an assault rifle, though the cops said he may've had one on him.

He was found at an elementary school near Village Shalom. Not sure why he ran there or if he pulled off somewhere to end it himself. Also not sure why they got him so quick, but there's a mile or so between the JCC and Village Shalom. He drove to JCC, shot up the parking lot, drove to the retirement village, shot a lady in the parking lot there and went to the elementary school. The drive between the two locations probably gave them a chance to find him.

There's a police station about a mile away from where all of this went down, too. Another reason they would've reacted quickly, I guess. That and OP police are often bored.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The leader of the federal executive branch comes out to express condolences and concerns for this instance -- don't get me wrong -- I agree and sympathize with the victims/families, but why does he not address this?

At least 36 people were shot in Chicago, four of them fatally, in as many hours over the weekend, with more than half of the shootings occurring over a half-day period stretching into early Sunday.

my.chicagotribune.com.../590/article/p2p-79909276/

What's up with your premiere hometown?

Why the silence about these fatalities and hits?

As others have mentioned, murders are murders!

edit on 14-4-2014 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

They don't need hotels. They live in Topeka. One hour drive away.

This makes me sick to my stomach. (Seems there are lots of us members in the vicinity - my hometown is halfway between KC and Topeka. Hi, neighbors).

the highway shootings aren't in the same area, though, weren't they mostly near the Grandview Triangle? That area is distinctly different than south OP. I hadn't heard about the one on 670, though. That's right downtown.

It's scary all right, no question!
In any case, the 14-yr old and his grandfather were not Jewish - they were attending the auditions.

S/F @ the OP for posting this. I don't bother much with the regional news...yikes.

edit on 4/14/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

BuzzyWigs

the highway shootings aren't in the same area, though, weren't they mostly near the Grandview Triangle? That area is distinctly different than south OP. I hadn't heard about the one on 670, though. That's right downtown.

Howdy neighbor!

Yep - the shootings have been in my neck of the woods. I live on the southwest corner of the Triangle and I worry about commuting with my family, though there haven't been any active shootings since the 8th, I think. Plus I'm a little uneasy with all of the LE that's been hanging out on the highway and nearby access roads.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dduckk

Plus I'm a little uneasy with all of the LE that's been hanging out on the highway and nearby access roads.

Why? The cops aren't looking for you - they're watching for the asshat(s) shooting at cars.

The cops have made a much better 'beat' presence over there the last couple of years - the chief is asking the citizenry to please Help rather than Hide - especially on the East Side (which I think is a good thing). Trouble is, the trouble moves when the LE pressure goes up. And they're spreading out.

Anyway, this jackass is a known 'perennial campaigner', and having been on Stern's show and written a book (apparently?) he should've been taken off the streets long ago. Now it's too late. He killed people. I agree with nenothtu about the solution, however. But suppose the ring of armed cops had just gunned him down rather than round him up and take him away?
Then it would be in Posse Commitatus, and people would be slinging mud at the police...

again.

There's just no winning.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

BuzzyWigs

South OP is distinctively different from the Grandview Triangle area, but it is only at most 5 to 10 mins down 435 Westbound and not far from Leawood either. We aren't talking a 30 min drive to the west side of Shawnee or anything. It's relatively close to the highway shooting area.

Now having said that I tend think we will find out this event has no relation to the shootings. Unless something comes out showing he was constantly driving back and forth 2+ hours over the past month or so (or was staying in the metro area) it looks like he was pretty stationary in Aurora up until Sunday IMO.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Where is Aurora, anyway? Not part of the metro, I know that.

Anyway, yes, I'm very familiar with the area and it's distinctive neighborhoods. Thanks, though - you are right - they are only a few minutes apart. But then, so is the urban core only a few minutes from Mission Hills.
And guess where the low-lifes like to go to stake out houses and plan robberies? Yeah, the nicer nearby areas.

But this case is not ghetto vs suburban stuff. This is race-based hatred and stupidity AND mental illness all rolled into one.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Aurora is near Springfield. About 2+ hours down 71 highway.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

And 71 was where a lot of the shootings were also, I thought! Weren't they? 71 funnels right through the triangle. But - and I hate to say this, but - if he's from down there, it makes more sense - that's like a whole separate culture that far south...more like Arkansas. I was mistakenly married into a pretty sketchy family from 'them parts' for a while (but there are those types everywhere). Thanks for the info.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join