It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple shootings at Jewish Community Center in Overland Park, Kansas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
BREAKING: "Multiple shootings" reported at Jewish Community Center in Overland Park, Kansas - KSHB-TV

Multiple shootings at Jewish Community Center in Overland Park, Kansas

Will report more updates when/if they come in

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
KMBC-TV: At least 1 person killed in shooting at Jewish Community Center in Kansas

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

This is horrible..

Are there many people there on Sundays? I wouldn't have thought so..

My heart goes out to anyone who lost a loved one. My prayers are with all those effected.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Now they are saying two dead...

inagist.com...

Police sources saying 2 now dead in shootings outside Village Shalom & Jewish Community Center in OP. Witnesses believe it was a hate crime

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It two sites, not one...

Shootings reported at 2 Jewish-related sites in Overland Park
Posted: Apr 13, 2014 1:27 PM CST Updated: Apr 13, 2014 1:44 PM CST
By DeAnn Smith, Digital Content Manager - email

OVERLAND PARK, KS (KCTV) -

Overland Park police are working shootings at two separate Jewish-related locations.

A shooting was reported about 1 p.m. Sunday at the Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City, according to an Overland Park Fire Department spokesman.

A second shooting was reported at Village Shalom, which is an assisted living center at 5500 West 123rd St.

Worried relatives of residents tell KCTV5 that Village Shalom has been placed on lockdown.

There were no immediate word on injuries or a suspect description.www.kctv5.com...

My God...
edit on 13-4-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Thanks for helping with the updates.

This is a horrible situation, hopefully the fatalities are limited.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Why?

I don't even understand this behavior ...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wow...thats like an hour away from me. Not only is the weather atrocious....but people are losing their minds as well in the nearby vicinity....not good at all.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I hope... but one is at the old folks home...

who shoots the elderly?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
An assisted living facility? Attacking the freaking elderly? REALLY? What the hell is wrong with people? I don't condone attacking anyone to begin with, but attacking kids and elders is a pretty universal "you're a cowardly sack of s***" line.

edit on 4/13/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Someone who hates beyond all reason. I just hope there were no children at the other site.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Hate beyond all reason doesn't normally happen there.... That is a nice part of the Greater Kansas City area. Any death there is abnormal.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I wonder if its some old vendetta....or if this is the new trend...with assisted living communities

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

A 41 Action News photographer on the scene spoke with a man who says another man pointed a gun at him and shot the windows out of his car. That person was not injured.
Source

This is someone on a wild rampage from the sound of it.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
No one goes to shoot up 2 JEWISH senior centers unless most likely its a hate crime. Had it only been 1 it would be just as awful but a lot less sinister.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rustyclutch

Only one is a senior center. The other is a Jewish Community Center (with synagogue) - not just for seniors..

This happened at Lewis and Shirley White Theatre inside the center. Teens were auditioning for KC Superstar auditions and parents are frantically trying to get to their children.
www.kctv5.com...

Kids... lots of kids... damn

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by ketsuko

Hate beyond all reason doesn't normally happen there.... That is a nice part of the Greater Kansas City area. Any death there is abnormal.

Hate beyond all reason can happen anywhere that there are religious groups these days, nice part of town or no. Is this or is this not a site that currently has a thread with a Protocols of Zion discussion going on it? Some of the poison that gets spewed using that as a justification is unhinged as you travel around the Internet. It's as bad at some of the poison that can be spewed as Muslims and some that can be spewed at Christians.

No, it's not surprising to me at all to see someone acting out against a religious group.
edit on 13-4-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Yeah.. your right.

It's just so shocking.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Yeah but both still jewish. I mean...what are the odds that someone goes to shoot up 2 random places and both of them are jewish centers. I read the article too they were having auditions for KC Superstar. Could have gone a lot worse. You're right....lots of kids.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rustyclutch

They have been saying hate crime from the start. And that's why.. not coincidental at all.. and both places are really close to eachother.

They may know something about a car though - they are saying police are focusing on a white car at the senior center. Maybe the cops at least found this persons transportation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join