It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal Fox News nightmare: Inside a month of self-induced torture

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
My personal Fox News nightmare: Inside a month of self-induced torture

Fox and its friends seem to have become so influential and all-encompassing that it is actually creating an entirely separate version of reality in the minds of its most loyal viewers, one that with increasing frequency doesn’t match reality.

Exactly what I have been saying. Fox has it's own version of reality..and all conservatives seem to live there.

+58 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I feel so bad for people that are unable to change the channel.

Please. Please support the "I can't seem to change the channel" Foundation.

Your donations are necessary for all of those without remote controls, for all of those who are unable to walk to their television sets and physically change the channels, and for all of those with broken televisions that only get Fox News.

With every donation, you get a signed letter from a viewer of MSNBC and a picture of a metrosexual man in dark-framed glasses.

Won't you help today?

Call 1-800-THIS IS STUPID to give today.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

I feel for you. Need a hug?

I had to see for myself and did a very similar thing a few times. Still have PTFD and wake up laughing from the nightmares.

Whenever a major story is breaking, I do watch them along with all the major MSM just to get the full spectrum view, because we all know it's often not only what they're reporting but how and also what they are not reporting.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

for the entire month of October, I watched Fox News for approximately three hours every day, while at the same time strictly abstaining from any other sources of information about current events.

Holy cow, the only thing worse than that would be watching MSNBC for 2 hours a day.

Some people just have too much time on their hands.

Wonder if the CIA uses this technique in there torture methods?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I agree and the old adage if ya don't like it don't watch it does not free us from the absurdity because we have to hear the garbage rehashed at the work fountain or dinner with guests or in online discussions. My folks watch this show like it is gospel then they parrot what they heard. I gave up challenging them with facts because my step father said he doesn't like being challenged, so what to do but let it go I suppose. It makes me crazy, angry and sad all at once. It does seem like a sub-culture has been created, and it is a great source of pessimism for me, making my glass half empty dangit!!

edit on 11-4-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: spellcheck gone crazy!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The growing cognitive dissonance caused by their departure from the real axis can/will lead to big problems.

Anger, confusion, hopelessness etc. I've seen it first hand. Weak minds get so twisted up they can't think straight. Absolutely debilitating.

The USG is supposed to be restricted from using propaganda domestically because it's dangerous.

Fox is towing the line though.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

beezzer

Your donations are necessary for all of those without remote controls, for all of those who are unable to walk to their television sets and physically change the channels, and for all of those with broken televisions that only get Fox News.

With every donation, you get a signed letter from a viewer of MSNBC and a picture of a metrosexual man in dark-framed glasses.

Won't you help today?

Beezer,

I would gladly donate to the "I can't seem to change the channel" Foundation. But, it appears the IRS and DOJ have already had meetings on the prudence of deducting a "donation" from my tax returns, saving me the trouble...

Des

edit on 11-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

Exactly what I have been saying. Fox has it's own version of reality..and all conservatives seem to live there.

That reality is,

Its the same place where people who make generalizations and classify all people as "groups" suchs as Dem, Rep, Liberals, Conservatives...

I believe they shove their heads there...

I think its called up their own ass.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I think the point is not that you should turn the station or not watch it, but you are concerned for the welfare of your country and for the minds of the citizens who are being knowingly lied to by a major cable "News" station.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Destinyone

beezzer

Won't you help today?

I would gladly donate to the "I can't seem to change the channel" Foundation. But, it appears the IRS and DOJ have already had meetings on the prudence of deducting a "donation" from my tax returns, saving me the trouble...

Des

This is just a prelude to banning Fox and silencing the opposition.

I guess free speech died.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Would you agree that folks that watch the Rachael Maddow show are in the same boat or shall I just say MSNBC? I would agree that both camps are in the same boat..

Would love an answer to my question Onslaught...would you agree that both sides have their own legions of brainwashed ideological fanatics? That's who they specifically want in their demographics? Would be great if you answered the question seeing that you started the post. After looking at the bulk of your posts you seem a bit left sided and don't chirp in much when you post...would be appreciated
edit on 11-4-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

beezzer

Destinyone

beezzer

Won't you help today?

Des

Ban Fox?
NEVER!
I find them to be an endless source of humor

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ah, but, see...as the OP did, we shouldn't change the channel.

We need to be aware of what we're up against from all sides.

Can't fight or even begin to address ignorance if you don't know where it's coming from or why.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Back in the 90s I used to be a faithful Fox watcher, but then I kind of distanced myself from it during the 2000s, right now I watch none of the major conglomerate, late at night I may watch the local news for obvious reasons, been in a small town sometimes is good to keep up with local news.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

beezzer

Destinyone

beezzer

Won't you help today?

Des

Yes...then there will be those crying for truth in journalism, forgetting they did have it at one point, and threw it away.

Des

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Conservatives live in a conservative world with a conservative point of view.

Progressives live in a progressive world with a progressive point of view.

Both sides think they are right about everything and spew hatred at each other.

Both sides are held back and hurt themselves due to their inability to work together and work through differences.

Both sides are completely blind to the fact that working together is the answer and that bigotry towards each other is just another form of hate holding us back.

The real question is; why would any intelligent person belong to either side or limit themselves to one point of view?

link   

Bassago
Holy cow, the only thing worse than that would be watching MSNBC for 2 hours a day.

Or Bill Maher.

reply to post by Blaine91555

Well said.

edit on 11-4-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

link   

SaturnFX

Ban Fox?
NEVER!
I find them to be an endless source of humor

Yep, to be informed I go to Comedy central,

To get a laugh Ill watch one of the major News networks...
edit on 11-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Destinyone

Yes...then there will be those crying for truth in journalism, forgetting they did have it at one point, and threw it away.

Des

It wasn't so much as thrown away.

It was more like subverted, purchased, and pre-packaged into a product to sell us.

Sold by the very Corporations, and government, that the 4th estate is supposed to keep honest.

Instead its just paid advertising for anyone with enough money and an agenda to sell.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

There are only three kinds of people in Bill O’Reilly’s world: good hardworking Americans, pinheads—people who are not actually malevolent but who are too stupid to understand the way the world really works—and evildoers.)

I often times find the same criteria here. Just try and question the direction of politics and the military. I don't watch any of the major news networks. I am not missing a thing. If I need to hear their byline I just challenge some cozy American thread premise here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join