It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal Fox News nightmare: Inside a month of self-induced torture

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The truth? You want the truth? Or do you want YOUR version of the truth?

How bout truth stripped of sensationalism, spin, lies and deceit? There aren't many but I think Ben Swann fits the bill.
I think Faux and MSNBC should be called opinion stations, not news outlets. When I obsessed over the msm outlets, watching/recording them for 3 years back in the day, Faux opened with "some people say" wayyyy more than the other stations and that, imo is disingenuous and destructive because listeners take that as truth.

I do not wish to silence them, I just wish so many people would not perceive them as gospel, and question/assess what they are hearing. A note of comfort though, all these msm outlets are losing viewers so maybe change is upon us and people are doing more digging and cross referencing.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Well FOX, in my opinion set the stage for it all. MSNBC is just following FOX's highly successful business model. ABC, CBS, NBC whitewash everything. None of them can accurately report the news because they are owned by the catalysts for nearly all our woes. CNN has flip-flopped it's way into irrelevance, I don't think their anchors know how they're supposed to feel about anything and their reporters don't know wtf to even report. They had some admirable journalists once upon a time some of whom stayed causing me to lose all respect for them.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, always have been.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by benrl

Well FOX, in my opinion set the stage for it all. MSNBC is just following FOX's highly successful business model. ABC, CBS, NBC whitewash everything. None of them can accurately report the news because they are owned by the catalysts for nearly all our woes. CNN has flip-flopped it's way into irrelevance, I don't think their anchors know how they're supposed to feel about anything and their reporters don't know wtf to even report. They had some admirable journalists once upon a time some of whom stayed causing me to lose all respect for them.

In my opinion the immoral actions of another, are never an accuse for your own.

Look up Amber Lyon, CNN reporter.

If you see it on tv, its Info-tainment, it is not news.

If its made it to the stage where a network is broadcasting it on their bandwidth with commercials at a high cost to them...

They are getting paid to do it.

The 24 hour news cycle started the majority of the decline, but even Kennedy was calling on the Media to get their # together.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

speculativeoptimist
reply to post by beezzer

The truth? You want the truth? Or do you want YOUR version of the truth?

How bout truth stripped of sensationalism, spin, lies and deceit?

So you want to dictate how they provide their version of the truth?

There aren't many but I think Ben Swann fits the bill.
I think Faux and MSNBC should be called opinion stations, not news outlets. When I obsessed over the msm outlets, watching/recording them for 3 years back in the day, Faux opened with "some people say" wayyyy more than the other stations and that, imo is disingenuous and destructive because listeners take that as truth.

Again. Who cares. They speak to their core viewership.

I do not wish to silence them, I just wish so many people would not perceive them as gospel, and question/assess what they are hearing. A note of comfort though, all these msm outlets are losing viewers so maybe change is upon us and people are doing more digging and cross referencing.

I wish people would give me 10 dollar bills every time they saw me.

Who cares how people perceive their version of the truth?

As much as the Obama-fans screwed up the country by voting for him, the last thing I want to see is their voice, their opinion, their view, silenced.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Honestly I don't even watch news anymore unless something major is happening and I can't find a livestream for it. I'm not sure how I'm being misinterpreted here. My strong reaction to FOX is because of their loyal following that treat their 'news' as gospel and does the greatest harm to people in this country. That doesn't mean I don't have a negative opinion of other MSM, or that I want to silence any of them.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

Exactly what I have been saying. Fox has it's own version of reality..and all conservatives seem to live there.

Not really. I haven't watched FoxNews in years. I cut the cable, with the exception of the interwebz.

But it seems to me that you are just parroting the author, something he accuses others of doing. The only thing missing from your OP is "SQWUAK!" at the end.

People like to talk and gossip. That's just life.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Ya, FoxNews is crap. No doubt about it. They lie, use fancy editing and are so obvious about pushing their agenda.

Also, I wouldn't say all conservatives live in the FoxNews version of reality. In fact, FoxNews is not conservative at all. They are part of a new "fascist progressive era" right along with the progressives on the Left. But that's another topic entirely.

True conservatives don't buy Foxnews' BS for one second.
edit on 11-4-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Once upon a time, news outlets competed amongst themselves to "scoop" one another, that is, to be the one place to offer either an exclusive story or an exclusive angle or piece of information on a story that none of the other outlets had. They did this because it would lure in more people to buy their product.

These days, "competition" in the news business is mainly between who has the most attractive talking heads. Everyone pretty much reports the exact same stuff in the same way. No one seems to question where the "scoops" went, and when one outlet or another actually does offer a different perspective on the news of the day, even if it's still pretty much the same news, suddenly they must always be telling a lie?

There didn't always only used to be one truth and one way to tell it. Study history and you'll discover there are many versions of the truth and many ways to tell it. Reality is often sandwiched somewhere in between. Anyone who's ever tried to piece together what happened in a schoolyard brawl knows this much.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Ya, FoxNews is crap. No doubt about it. They lie, use fancy editing and are so obvious about pushing their agenda.

Also, I wouldn't say all conservatives live in the FoxNews version of reality. In fact, FoxNews is not conservative at all. They are part of a new "fascist progressive era" right along with the progressives on the Left. But that's another topic entirely.

True conservatives don't buy Foxnews' BS for one second.
edit on 11-4-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

But is that any different than NBC or Reuters? Both of those outlets have been caught fabricating and editing, too.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Yup, I'm sure they are just as bad. I'm only addressing the topic of the OP.

I will say, though, that MSNBC and the rest do not hold a candle to FoxNews. They are hands-down the best at outright propaganda than any of the other news channels. Their ratings reflect that.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
with the new TVs and lap tops
it isn't whos watching faux...
its whos watching you

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

lol... Unfortunately, changing the channel only takes you to more senseless propagandized stations. It's a real pick your poison situation, and they all have a long-standing history of exaggeration, fabrication, and alteration.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

JohnFisher
reply to post by beezzer

lol... Unfortunately, changing the channel only takes you to more senseless propagandized stations. It's a real pick your poison situation, and they all have a long-standing history of exaggeration, fabrication, and alteration.

That's why (in about 10 minutes) I'm turning off the tv, turning off the computer dotcom box and watching a sci-fi movie.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I mainly watch the local news channel, mostly for the weather, and traffic if I'm going anywhere. And quite often...they get that wrong as well.

Ya can't win for lose.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

beezzer

That's why (in about 10 minutes) I'm turning off the tv, turning off the computer dotcom box and watching a sci-fi movie.

All to often though I watch a flick (Like Avatar) that everybody raves about, and when asked about it later...?

"Meh...it was OK. I was entertained, but it wasn't all that."

Sometimes people lose their minds when I say that.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So you want to dictate how they provide their version of the truth?

Their is the operative word and I would like to think there is only one version of real truth?

Again. Who cares. They speak to their core viewership.

Who cares how people perceive their version of the truth?

Some of us just do, we care how fellow members of society are pitted against each other and conditioned to attack, deflect, label and generalize. Yes they all do it but we are talking about Fox here, the most watched and definitely the best at what they do, real masters of their craft.

But Beez, you do have a point too, their audience is only 1.7 million and dwindling, so it could fall under 'who cares.' Some folks just get under our skin and make us want to slap them, figuratively of course! For you it may be Hilary or Bill Maher?
I will continue to try and let it go, but when a thread pops up like this, we have to vent sometimes, as you sir well know.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
reply to post by ketsuko

I will say, though, that MSNBC and the rest do not hold a candle to FoxNews. They are hands-down the best at outright propaganda than any of the other news channels. Their ratings reflect that.

So ... that means it's only really news if no one wants to have anything to do with it?

You do have a low opinion of people don't you.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

speculativeoptimist

But Beez, you do have a point too, their audience is only 1.7 million and dwindling, so it could fall under 'who cares.' Some folks just get under our skin and make us want to slap them, figuratively of course! For you it may be Hilary or Bill Maher?
I will continue to try and let it go, but when a thread pops up like this, we have to vent sometimes, as you sir well know.

Hillary, Maher. . .idiots to be sure.

But I want them to speak so that all people can see their idiocy!

Venting is all well and good.

If that's all it is.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

ketsuko

sheepslayer247
reply to post by ketsuko

So ... that means it's only really news if no one wants to have anything to do with it?

You do have a low opinion of people don't you.

No offense, but I don't see how you came to that conclusion from what I said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join