It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to my Fellow Britains

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

uncommitted

Lompyt
reply to post by ObservingYou

I live in oxford and i hate what there doing to this country, personaly i think there just letting this little island rot from the inside out. Filling it with as many imigrants that want to come here and then if some big natural disaster happens well all go down together. Thanks alot queeny, whats the perpose of the royal family anyway? There suppose to serve us not sit in a plush pad having there arse wiped with glod leaved andrex..... Rant over .

Blimey, I really hope you aren't studying in Oxford, if you are then we are all doomed.

Yeah I think they're more important than that, they're representing a lot of people. I think people underestimate how dependent Parliament is to the crown, the "no confidence" measure probably was more than appeasement. Even our government out here in the US is dependent in a way. I have an idea that without this support the whole bureaucratic system would be extremely vulnerable, it wouldn't have lasted even close to a century.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by supermouse

Aye I think it is good to have companies keeping money in the private sector as business and competition needs to be here in society to encourage innovations and creative ideas.
However products consumer products I couldn't care less for , it's mostly all just junk that no one really needs, materialistic rubbish.

Hand outs being cut are in place people are still receiving their benefits but its the way the government have changed legislation to reassess and classify those who need benefits as fit for work or , not entitled to support when they clearly are.

Corporate tax avoidance is far more important than benefit claimant fraud , who really benefits from having corporations here, not me , what difference does it make if amazon or google are here , jobs yes, but they aren't here for the long haul only cheap labour then they cut n run.

That's just my opinion though , there needs to be some changes to legislation on corporate control the same with the banking sector and our finite resource based economy.

it's a massive problem with each problem linked together , all I'm saying is the tax payer never benefits from it we are always going to be at the bottom of the pile.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

sapien82
reply to post by supermouse

what difference does it make if amazon or google are here , jobs yes, but they aren't here for the long haul only cheap labour then they cut n run.

That's true, we've seen it over and over again, from electronics companies opening up in Scotland & Northern England in the 80's & 90's to banks and call centres all over the UK more recently.

They get huge concessions on the amount of tax they have to pay in return for opening a factory and employing some people for X years, and as soon as X years have passed they shut it down and move it to India or some other country where the labour is far cheaper.

My personal view is not that corporations and people who earn more should be taxed more heavily, it's that we ALL pay far too much tax, and taxation should be minimal - it should be YOU that benefits the most from the fruits of your own labour, not some government department.

Because let's face it there is a 2 fold issue:

1) You have no say over how your money gets spent, and lots of it is wasted or finds it's ways into the pockets of corrupt politicians and their mates (think about the woman who set up the "jobs training" that charged the government £hundreds to £thousands for each person they put through their training - the training was crap, it was an utter sham and she made £hundreds of millions - she was mates with Cameron - they create initiatives and allow their friends businesses to benefit from them).

2) Higher taxation allows them to keep us all just where they want us, where you have nothing left at the end of each month, you can never create your own wealth.

As an example, my brother in laws father set up a business from scratch, they lived in a knackered old caravan and had to account for every penny they spent, even on a box of matches they were so broke.

They always paid all of their taxes, they never fiddled a single penny from the tax man.

Over time they built the business up and about 25 years later sold it and made - after taxes, etc - c.£9 million.

Over the next 10 years the tax man went after them claiming they owed more in tax, to the extent that they actually wanted MORE than the £9 million they'd made from the sale of the business.

All of that hard work, the risk, employing lots of people, paying taxes while running the business, and once it was sold, and they would have been left with literally nothing at all if the tax man had got his way.

It stinks to high heaven, we the serfs are not supposed to have money, the system is set up to ensure we don't have any, and if you buck the system they'll still try and take it all from you.

In the end the BILs mother and father ended up moving abroad to get away from the clutches of the tax man - and took all of their money with them, and out of the UK economy.

We have the illusion of freedom and democracy but it's nothing of the kind, we are in reality all slaves - to a corrupt system.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

On7a7higher7plane

uncommitted

Lompyt

I live in oxford and i hate what there doing to this country, personaly i think there just letting this little island rot from the inside out. Filling it with as many imigrants that want to come here and then if some big natural disaster happens well all go down together. Thanks alot queeny, whats the perpose of the royal family anyway? There suppose to serve us not sit in a plush pad having there arse wiped with glod leaved andrex..... Rant over .

Blimey, I really hope you aren't studying in Oxford, if you are then we are all doomed.

Yeah I think they're more important than that, they're representing a lot of people. I think people underestimate how dependent Parliament is to the crown, the "no confidence" measure probably was more than appeasement. Even our government out here in the US is dependent in a way. I have an idea that without this support the whole bureaucratic system would be extremely vulnerable, it wouldn't have lasted even close to a century.

I was referring to the posters grammar and spelling more than anything, what with Oxford being known as a seat of learning, but thanks anyway. Not sure I agree with your views though, I can't off the top of my head recall where the crown stopped any law or act coming into place.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
You know I live in the UK and i love it.

I have no problems with the police, and we enjoy a high standard of living.

I believe we create a lot of our own problems groups like the BNP, Unite against fascism and the EDL (scum) are basically a creation of our own xenophobia and racism (yes under UK law racism applies to ethnic and religious groups). That's what I really hate and its not the fault of the bankers or our politicians but the scum bags that litter our streets.

People like Mark Duggan, sorry yes he was a scum bag (a drug dealing scum bag) he was part of the problem

Section 44 of the terrorism act is no longer in use but even when it was you could challenge it very easily if you knew how (i once done this with no problems)

And yes the minimum wage sucks, so get a better job, why do you need the government for this?

Also we do not have a militarized police force (most of them dont even carry guns)

I would spend some time op going through each point you made but really all i can say is that I totally disagree with you, this is a amazing country to live in and its that simple.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

LOL. You are some piece of work! People are a product of their environment, all of these scum you talk about have probably had the sort of # life you can only imagine in your twisted head.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

DrunkYogi

LOL. You are some piece of work! People are a product of their environment, all of these scum you talk about have probably had the sort of [snip] life you can only imagine in your twisted head.

I was raised for part of my life in Drumchapel, not exactly a nice part of the country, quite a assumption you are making about my life, which you know nothing about. For all you know I could have been some abused street kid who was in and out of Glasgow foster homes or i could have been a rich kid who spent term time boarding at Eaton and Summers in the far east before heading off abroad to study at some Ivy league university all paid for with "pa-pa's" money. The point is you know nothing about me so please keep your assumptions to yourself.

And yes drug dealers and racists are scum in my view, having a crappy life is not a excuse we all have the potential we just dont all use it.

I also do not appreciate you saying i have a "twisted head" for me saying that i have a good life in the UK

I really dont understand; you disagree with me and i get this horrible personal attack against me, what did i do to deserve that other than your disagreement with my views?

your entire post says much more about the sort of person you are rather than the sort that i am as you hide behind the vale of anonymity that your avatar and the internet bestows upon we both know you are not the type of person who would say that kind of stuff to my face.

So how about you just go away unless you have anything constructive to actually add
edit on 11-4-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I was just away to ask you where your from and where you were brought up, Drumchapel of all places, then you should know how badly people are affected by poverty

your lucky to be living comfortably , and you would be in the minority there Glasgow has some of the worst UK poverty figures
did you scrape your way oot the barrel through good education and hard work ?
Or were you fortunate enough to have parents who worked hard and had some wealth
or were you and your parents fortunate enough to be born into money, just general questions don't have to answer if too personal

In any case people everywhere in the UK are struggling , so count your blessings mate your lucky there

Maybe I just cant save money , but pay day , is basically pay away day.

As soon as I save enough money for solar panels and find out alternative ways to heat my home im sorting that right out and growing my own vegetables so that if it gets tight i'll still be able to scrape by.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

your lucky to be living comfortably

I never said that, just that i loved living in the UK and totally disagree with the OP.

and you would be in the minority there Glasgow has some of the worst UK poverty figures

true but thats not exactly a excuse to turn into a racist or drug dealer, I have one friend who went to high school with me who ended up in investment banking. its about hard work and determination, which is one of the biggest advantages of living in the UK, I got a good state education, they even paid me to go to university in the States for example that might not have been possible. But i am sure with hard work and determination it could be done.

did you scrape your way oot the barrel through good education and hard work ?

I don't like the phase scraped out of the barrel, I moved away form their early in my child hood.

there is a lot to be said though for good education and hard work, in Scotland everyone has the opportunity for a good education if you dont take up on that offer then its your fault.

if you turn into a drug dealer, its also your fault.

As for the rest of your post its getting a little personal

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It is more a question of follow the money with me the Goverment is borrowing £ 160 Billion MORE than planned while cutting 60% over the years

Road's are in a terrible state pot-hole's everywhere wages have stayed the same for ten plus years for most

so where has all the money gone if they have to borrow more each month with all the cut backs ??

House's are 3 x more than in 2000 as with Oil x 4

look around you is it any better than 1990 /2000

where is the 20 + billion than some banks are losing per year going

the world seems to end if a company lose's 4% share value one year after making 6-8 % profit for ten years straight

for everything else there is lithium

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Not only is education a factor in being able to succeed in the world but also good parenting, my parents taught me the value of money at an early age and I had a job as young as 10 years old and worked right through school then Uni.

Scotland does have an ok state education system, and we have some of the best Uni's in the world.

As I said i'm no holiding a gun at your neck so no need to answer

Thing is though people in poverty are surrounded by crime and it's a vicious cycle of crime and addiction and those that do come out of it unscathed are the lucky ones, it's not always a matter of being able to succeed with determination alone if the odds are stacked against you.
hell even science has confirmed now that poverty negatively affects young childrens chromosomes and confirmed that they are shortened and the genes can be damaged during cell division so it seems even nature is against those in poverty too !

I'd always wondered why Glasgow had such low life expectancy , turns out chromosomal damage is a result of poverty and 1/5 th of children in Glasgow live in poverty , that's shocking
Odd how you never see any Edinburgh poverty stats

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Let me put it to you like this.

I do not see any excuse for anyone to be openly racist, deal drugs or commit any other crimes

and that includes poverty.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
this is a amazing country to live in and its that simple.

You are clearly delusional.

Are you trying to berate me because I demand to have a say in where OUR tax payers money is going to?
I would rather invest it in education, research and infrastructure sooner than the funding for countless coup d'etats and genocide.

You state that poverty is crime, and the guilty are those who suffer it..Haha.
Yours posts attempt to invoke emotion and reaction, you will gain neither.
edit on 11-4-2014 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You are clearly delusional.

RIGHT!!!!

This is starting to piss me off!!

Why is it that because you disagree with what i have to say, I get a personal attack. I demand to know why you think it is appropriate to call someone you disagree with "delusional".

I love living in the UK, there is nowhere else i want to live and I am proud of my heritage this DOES NOT make me delusional.

likewise if you disagree with me that DOES NOT make you delusional either all it means is that we have a different opinion, this should be embraced as it promotes debate.

Sitting about with your silly insults is just frankly annoying so please stop it, if all you can say is " you are clearly delusional" because you disagree with me then just dont say anything.

Are you trying to berate me because I demand to have a say in where OUR tax payers money is going to?

THAT IS WHY YOU VOTE!!!!!

If you are opposed to Europe for example vote UKIP, the system is far from perfect and its impossible to please everyone, just like it would be impossible for each and every individual to be consulted with regarding every expenditure made by government.

Never mind. Yours post attempts to invoke emotion and reaction, you will gain neither.

I am not trying to "invoke" anything all I am saying is that I disagree with what you have to say and I provided by reasons for having such a belief in my first post. I was not trying to antagonize you in anyway.

You state that poverty is crime

Nope i never said that

What i said was that poverty was not a excuse for committing a crime.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I do not see any excuse for anyone to be openly racist, deal drugs or commit any other crimes

Your point about racism I agree with whole heartedly.

As for the rest.
Really?

Let me ask you one question - do you have a wife and children who rely on you to feed and shelter them?

..... and that includes poverty.

Have you ever been poor?
Have you ever had to go without food for days just to ensure your pregnant wife got fed or to ensure your child had enough food etc?
Have you ever had to worry about whether this and next months mortgage are going to get paid whilst you are already in arrears?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

DrunkYogi

LOL. You are some piece of work! People are a product of their environment, all of these scum you talk about have probably had the sort of [snip] life you can only imagine in your twisted head.

I was raised for part of my life in Drumchapel, not exactly a nice part of the country, quite a assumption you are making about my life, which you know nothing about. For all you know I could have been some abused street kid who was in and out of Glasgow foster homes or i could have been a rich kid who spent term time boarding at Eaton and Summers in the far east before heading off abroad to study at some Ivy league university all paid for with "pa-pa's" money. The point is you know nothing about me so please keep your assumptions to yourself.

And yes drug dealers and racists are scum in my view, having a crappy life is not a excuse we all have the potential we just dont all use it.

I also do not appreciate you saying i have a "twisted head" for me saying that i have a good life in the UK

I really dont understand; you disagree with me and i get this horrible personal attack against me, what did i do to deserve that other than your disagreement with my views?

your entire post says much more about the sort of person you are rather than the sort that i am as you hide behind the vale of anonymity that your avatar and the internet bestows upon we both know you are not the type of person who would say that kind of stuff to my face.

So how about you just go away unless you have anything constructive to actually add

Your attitude stinks, it does not matter where you where raised etc. What matters is your attitude right now, that is who you are. Also, believe me, i am the sort of person that would say it to your face, let there be no doubt about that. I have been involved in and witnessed more violence than you would believe my friend. Don't doubt me!

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Long time lurker coming out of hiding because I wanted to S&F this thread.

I stand in solidarity with Anon and my fellow Brits, as I can see OP clearly does too judging by the avatar and the excellent points raised.

Thanks, OP. You've just restored a little of my faith in humanity.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I think you meant to say, "A Message to my Fellow Britons, rather than "A Message to my Fellow Britains", because there is only one Britain, and you and your fellows are not it.
edit on 13-4-2014 by JingLi because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2014 by JingLi because: Bad English.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

JingLi

I think you meant to say, "A Message to my Fellow Britons, rather than "A Message to my Fellow Britains", because there is only one Britain, and you and your fellows are not it.
edit on 13-4-2014 by JingLi because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2014 by JingLi because: Bad English.

You must first correct your own grammar before correcting someone else's.

You are right, though, yes.
edit on 13-4-2014 by SensiblyReckless because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SensiblyReckless

My English isn't very good - I know that

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join