It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to my Fellow Britains

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

I completely agree with you being a government employee of the working class, I'd paid just enough to get by, at the end of the month I pay my bills and I have just enough left over to budget for food.

I rarely can afford any luxury items, luxury being a night out for me and my fiance' for dinner or drinks with friends, or the odd game on steam.

Luckily I'm a freelance designer/ artist so I can trade my artwork to people for cash or other goods which kind of alleviates the stress of financial serfdom.

I haven't had a pay rise in line with inflation in 6 years, last year I got 1% pay rise, I've been working for the government now coming on 10 years this year and my earnings barely scrape by.
I think I'm in the lowest paid government employee bracket.

In my opinion every government we have had since I was born have been nothing but greedy money hungry career politicians.
I was born in 1982 so have seen some of the worst of the UK politicians.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Whats happening in Ukraine just now should be happening here now. Greece has just held nation wide union strikes and a car bomb took out a high street bank in Athens.

Think the UK can avoid this from happening, if it did, what sort of extreme stuff would the government do to ensure this never happens?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by uncommitted

If that's the case then I'd rather have them out of our country the criminal bastards
who cares if they bring us jobs we can create jobs elsewhere through reinvesting in science, research and development and industry

Afterall who are google, amazon et al , nothing but consumer corporate greed
selling #e to people who don't really need it, consumer products which are materialistic in nature which no one really needs to survive I say let them leave and take their business with them but lets punish them first before they run off with our unpaid taxes

however unlikely because the top boys in government are likely getting nice wee incentives to keep them here , golden handshakes here and there , share options in the company, seats on the board.

I scratch your back you scratch mine scenario, it's not party politics its recognising the rise of fascism through a merger of corporate powers and state powers and we all know what fascists are capable of.
The US is just the same it's fascism painted with a primer or free market capitalism, democracy liberty and justice for all.
Once the roots are embedded so deep it's too late to realise it.

Then begins the systematic abuse when the rich and greedy become so bold they just # us then kill us in the streets nothing more than a plaything 120 days of Sodom

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Bellor
Whats happening in Ukraine just now should be happening here now. Greece has just held nation wide union strikes and a car bomb took out a high street bank in Athens.

Think the UK can avoid this from happening, if it did, what sort of extreme stuff would the government do to ensure this never happens?

Why should what's happening in the Ukraine be happening here? Since when did we once belong to Russia? Bad analogy.

Why do you look at Greece as an example? We didn't take on the Euro and come close to bankrupting ourselves as a result, although Labour took us very close by selling off our gold reserves at a ridiculously low price in the naive belief it would keep the bubble from bursting after they had built up a policy of borrow now, pay back whenever.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

sapien82

If that's the case then I'd rather have them out of our country the criminal bastards
who cares if they bring us jobs we can create jobs elsewhere through reinvesting in science, research and development and industry

Right, that's the thing, they are doing nothing criminal - don't you realise that? I may not agree with such avoidance policies, but they are not illegal. If you are so angry about it, write to your MP, not ATS.

There are footballers in this country earning up to £300,000 a week. Do you think they are paying all their tax, or do you think they have accountants to make sure they keep as much of it as they can - I think it's probably the latter. Does this not concern you? Personally I'm not bothered how much they earn, none of it comes out of my pocket, as long as they pay their fair share back.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

They are two examples of what are considered first world nations economies being collapsed and how civilian groups reacts to hyper state control during the interim trouble times.

I do not see what makes Britain particularly special with ever worsening of our economy more and more people are being forced into conditions that are by far harder than they are used to. Some Ukrainians were talking about the factories they work at, if you dont make your quota you dont get paid. Not surprising things have degenerated regardless of what international politics can pretend to do about the situation. Pretty big issue these days wth zero hour contracts.

Wonder what happens when the UK starts experiencing power cuts and food shortages? reckon good old blitey will just rise above decapitating social handicaps such as mass unemployment and economic hyper inflation out of control im sure we will just all get on with it eh.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Bellor

They are two examples of what are considered first world nations economies being collapsed and how civilian groups reacts to hyper state control during the interim trouble times.

I do not see what makes Britain particularly special with ever worsening of our economy more and more people are being forced into conditions that are by far harder than they are used to. Some Ukrainians were talking about the factories they work at, if you dont make your quota you dont get paid. Not surprising things have degenerated regardless of what international politics can pretend to do about the situation. Pretty big issue these days wth zero hour contracts.

Wonder what happens when the UK starts experiencing power cuts and food shortages? reckon good old blitey will just rise above decapitating social handicaps such as mass unemployment and economic hyper inflation out of control im sure we will just all get on with it eh.

I'm still not sure what your point is. The situation with Crimea is around if they want to be more closely aligned with Russia or Europe, it wasn't about wages, and if that was the case I think they have just kissed goodbye to that getting any better but that's just personal opinion.

We've actually got lower unemployment rates than we have for years although I do find the zero hours contracts (certainly not unique to this country) an issue.

We haven't got hyper inflation and there are no signs that we will anytime soon. Food shortages and power cuts? Why are you making that an issue against this or any other government? Power cuts are more likely if we don't at least further explore fracking, are you for that or against it?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Sorry man, I thought it was understand Crimea was simply Russian securing its naval assets, you get that most of the rest of the major cities have been set to light in what seemed to be a civil war yeah?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Bellor

Sorry man, I thought it was understand Crimea was simply Russian securing its naval assets, you get that most of the rest of the major cities have been set to light in what seemed to be a civil war yeah?

Yes, it's a pro/anti Russian civil war that Russia appear to have won. There's nothing simple about it, the Russian flag is now flying over Crimean government buildings whereas it wasn't before. This isn't about Russia securing its naval assets, I truly don't know where you got that from unless possibly RT is your sole source of news.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Mostly from watching videos of Ukrainian military getting petrol bombed by Right Sector paramilitaries in between all the corporate concrete and glass superstructures. At some point in time those areas would be no different to the high streets we would travel through in the U.K, virtualy none. And for everyday civilians to be now working and contributing to a war effort to oppose enemy forces in your own nation is pretty scary. And its becoming more and more of an issue throughout the world usualy with nations that are now facing serious economic downturns and as it so happens, regardless of global positioning affiliations countries are not immune to being bankrupt.

Somewhat of a recurring theme that is shown by those who choose to go to war with those working in the position of state authority seems fairly consistent and that is an extreme prejudice towards generic corporate industries and the associated banking practices often greatly towards the expense of the people. And thats just not sustainable.

I dont think the U.K is immune to any of that, print all the money you like you cannot spend your way out of a crisis it doesnt work.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Bellor

Mostly from watching videos of Ukrainian military getting petrol bombed by Right Sector paramilitaries in between all the corporate concrete and glass superstructures. At some point in time those areas would be no different to the high streets we would travel through in the U.K, virtualy none.

That would be right sector paramilitaries aligned to Russia. The equivalent would be Scotland passing the yes vote, Salmond getting voted out, replaced by someone who wanted to re-enter the UK and people rioting over it. If that should happen, then who knows? Let's face it, you could argue that was the situation in Northern Ireland in a sense.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Oh I have mate, I have written , emailed and sent letters to my union at work and not one MP has responded regarding tax avoidance . especially on the recent changes to HMRC allowing them to take money from your account if you owe over £1000 in unpaid taxes if you have over £5000 in your account. Even emails and letters to number 10 with not one single response
Of course why would they bother answering a political dissident?

Small fish , compared to the billions unpaid taxes by corporations.

they may not be doing anything illegal but in the end who suffers the majority , and who gains the minority it's not right legal or not. Unpaid taxes only cost the tax payer not the corporation

personally I'd rather these corporations were hung out to dry.

The fact it's legal only raises more questions as to why it's legal to do so in the first place, must be a loophole in our legislation which allows these corporate entities to manipulate the free market only the CEO's benefit and the board members and major share holders.

Now Im not saying they are all evil people or criminals but if they knowingly take a cut of the pie and know full well it's causing the people who work at the bottom to make the corporation what it is it's morally wrong and are also guilty in that sense.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

uncommitted

That would be right sector paramilitaries aligned to Russia. The equivalent would be Scotland passing the yes vote, Salmond getting voted out, replaced by someone who wanted to re-enter the UK and people rioting over it. If that should happen, then who knows? Let's face it, you could argue that was the situation in Northern Ireland in a sense.

Hopefully it's not how it goes down, hopefully we get Independence create a social demcoracy that other people and nations aspire to and we then invite you guys into Union with us and ditch the city state of London and its corrupt politics

I have a dream !

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

sapien82

Oh I have mate, I have written , emailed and sent letters to my union at work and not one MP has responded regarding tax avoidance . especially on the recent changes to HMRC allowing them to take money from your account if you owe over £1000 in unpaid taxes if you have over £5000 in your account. Even emails and letters to number 10 with not one single response
Of course why would they bother answering a political dissident?

Small fish , compared to the billions unpaid taxes by corporations.

they may not be doing anything illegal but in the end who suffers the majority , and who gains the minority it's not right legal or not. Unpaid taxes only cost the tax payer not the corporation

personally I'd rather these corporations were hung out to dry.

The fact it's legal only raises more questions as to why it's legal to do so in the first place, must be a loophole in our legislation which allows these corporate entities to manipulate the free market only the CEO's benefit and the board members and major share holders.

Now Im not saying they are all evil people or criminals but if they knowingly take a cut of the pie and know full well it's causing the people who work at the bottom to make the corporation what it is it's morally wrong and are also guilty in that sense.

Hi, it really is a loophole at an international, not national level, so do we close our doors to business and lose the jobs that would be created, or work harder to change laws at an international level? You can only do that if you are at the party.

You say you wrote letters to your union, not to your MP? I'm not pretending for a second that writing to an MP will solve everything, but if you don't make your opinion known, it's kind of hard to blame them for not listening.

I think such avoidance is immoral, not illegal based on current international law. Unfortunately that isn't something anyone can get convicted for, but maybe if people chose not to use the services those businesses provide, and make it clear why, maybe, just maybe things would change.

So, if a certain Manchester United player for example isn't paying full tax on his £300,000 a week because his accountant has found a way to avoid it, is that evil? If you need to have a builder do some work on your property and you agree to a cash payment so you pay less and he/she doesn't pay tax, are you both evil, or don't you think that matters?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I guess so politicaly, most fulfill a formulaic pattern of people swaps to fill vacums opened by any instability but the effects on the ground can vary radicaly. One such thing was the interim government of Ukraine seemed to immediately begin redistributing its nations manufacturing into some sort of war time economy really really quickly. Lots of people are not going to like that and they will want elections very very shortly.

Oleksandr Turchynov is even now offering amnesty to the groups that occupy administrative buildings and offered better deals on local autonomy including state executive powers. It would appear that whats been happening is a lot of places like Donetsk a major industrial hub and all its resources seem to get funneled into the banking sector in Kiev and widely redistributed towards the military and private interests.

Should be good footage tonight if Ukraine military/police/mercenaries attempt to storm it.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

Well written, star and flagged. Veitch is an asshole, i saw through this Muppet years ago. I am ashamed to say he is a fellow Scotsman. He claims he worked for Bankers and turned to save humanity.......lol...........what a pr*ck.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Bellor

I guess so politicaly, most fulfill a formulaic pattern of people swaps to fill vacums opened by any instability but the effects on the ground can vary radicaly. One such thing was the interim government of Ukraine seemed to immediately begin redistributing its nations manufacturing into some sort of war time economy really really quickly. Lots of people are not going to like that and they will want elections very very shortly.

Oleksandr Turchynov is even now offering amnesty to the groups that occupy administrative buildings and offered better deals on local autonomy including state executive powers. It would appear that whats been happening is a lot of places like Donetsk a major industrial hub and all its resources seem to get funneled into the banking sector in Kiev and widely redistributed towards the military and private interests.

Should be good footage tonight if Ukraine military/police/mercenaries attempt to storm it.

Why is that good footage? Would you like to see people die live on TV in front of you? Are you Ukranian and therefore at least have some skin in this or do you just think that violence is the best answer without understanding the cause? Half an hour ago you thought this was about Russia securing its naval assets only but you seem to have changed your mind very quickly.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

No, I just believe Crimea is something entirely different, there was no way Russia would allow Crimea to descend into the chaos that is greater Ukraine. That state has been professionally annexed by a highly efficient strategic superiority, its as simple as that.

And what I mean as in good footage as in it will be good to see events that are actualy happening that really do have a serious impact on day to day events as apposed to what the latest rihanna video may be or what celebrity has done what on tonights pre approved progamming.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

First off I'm planning mass protests and democratic action, not riots, and no I currently don't work as I have severe epillepsy and my GP, neurologist, surgeon, neuropsychologist, neurorehab amnd CPN have all said I'm far too ill to work - this government have declared me perfectly fit and cut off all support as they claim I live 100 miles away and only have a sore shoulder - despite all the above writing to them to tell them how severe my condition is.

The average family in the UK is now nearly £1000 a year worse off then they were a couple of years back, austerity has meant all public services are cut to the point of colla[se, we're paying more for them and the debt is still rising. Look at any independent or government breakdown of who is hit by austerity and it'll show the rich are receiving tax cuts while the poorest are given tax hikes.

I know exactly what I'm talking about as I used to write for Private Eye, the Telegraph, Liverpool Echo, Lancashire Evening Post uncovering these things. Government D notices were regularly issued and I've lost count of how many superinjunction letters I've received from Carter Ruck for writing stories on tax fraud.

Look at the amount of people G4S and Serco have killed while in their custody/trying to 'restrain' them. Look how many have used tazers on people causing them to have heart attacks. Also I highly doubt you can name 10 of the 340 contracts Serco hold over policing and anti-terror actions.

Just because I think all Tories should be hung from lampposts doesn't mean I like Labour - Brown was cutting backroom deals allowing Royal Dutch Shell to avoid paying tax when he was chancellor. New Labour are just Thatcherites who also tried to privatise anything and carried on the Tory sell off of the NHS under PPI

No they're exploiting UK capital gains tax laws - watch the parliamentary select committee interrogations of Amazon et al - they claimed to have only made a couple of quid profit in the UK over the last few years - do you honestly think a multi-billion business is going to operate at a loss when it's making billions elsewhere.

How anyone can consider Osbourne or IDS a socialist is beyond me - even Clegg has sold his soul to neo-capitalism.
edit on 10-4-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

bastion

First off I'm planning mass protests and democratic action, not riots, and no I currently don't work as I have severe epillepsy and my GP, neurologist, surgeon, neuropsychologist, neurorehab amnd CPN have all said I'm far too ill to work - this government have declared me perfectly fit and cut off all support as they claim I live 100 miles away and only have a sore shoulder - despite all the above writing to them to tell them how severe my condition is.

I know exactly what I'm talking about as I used to write for Private Eye, the Telegraph, Liverpool Echo, Lancashire Evening Post uncovering these things. Government D notices were regularly issued and I've lost count of how many superinjunction letters I've received from Carter Ruck for writing stories on tax fraud.

Look at the amount of people G4S and Serco have killed while in their custody/trying to 'restrain' them. Look how many have used tazers on people causing them to have heart attacks. Also I highly doubt you can name 10 of the 340 contracts Serco hold over policing and anti-terror actions.

Just because I think all Tories should be hung from lampposts doesn't mean I like Labour - Brown was cutting backroom deals allowing Royal Dutch Shell to avoid paying tax when he was chancellor. New Labour are just Thatcherites who also tried to privatise anything and carried on the Tory sell off of the NHS under PPI

No they're exploiting UK capital gains tax laws - watch the parliamentary select committee interrogations of Amazon et al - they claimed to have only made a couple of quid profit in the UK over the last few years - do you honestly think a multi-billion business is going to operate at a loss when it's making billions elsewhere.

How anyone can consider Osbourne or IDS a socialist is beyond me - even Clegg has sold his soul to neo-capitalism.

You used the words 'riots planned for this summer' not me. Why now change your tune? You wear your political thoughts very heavily, but to be honest, you do come across as a dickhead so, thanks, but no thanks in further conversation - you seem a bit of a dinosaur.

Edit to add...... ok, removing the edit as you seem to think everyone apart from you is at fault.
edit on 10-4-2014 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join