It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the World Already Ended Years Ago

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
And Where is Snarl anyways?

Must be reading Fariy Tails again on ATS! funny though, find him reading what I'm reading! Stay away from the Trolls Snarl, read just do not post unless you really need to!

Remember. The whole Truth, nothing but the truth; coming out of the lips and fingers; so help me, I.

Peace

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

And Where do you think Your Going? Too Late!

if you are, pm either of us if find yourself way down the rabbit hole! We are the same rabbits you know and theirs only One Hole
many ways out of the hole, or look to follow the hole till the end.

I heard there was alot of Bright Lights There having a Party! Then even brought the Beer! just tossed that in case I read your leaving as right. My Bad if Wrong.

Peace

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Hexadecimus
Ah, this is a fairly old concept in philosophy. I am sure it dates back several hundred if not thousands of years.

Wikipedia: Brain in a vat

The problem with this or solipsism (and other similar schools of thought) is that they simply don't get you anywhere.

It might be fun to think about for a while, but it eventually gets old, leading to boredom and stagnation and finally stasis.

And stasis is bad. I believe its the only undesirable result of the infinite paths we have to choose from.

It's worse than death. It's a repudiation of ever having lived/existed.

Motion is key. It is the one thing common to all things in this universe. And if you couple motion with intent - now you're talking.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Well said! Nothing like being stuck and having found no way out of it!
But thats what I was Taught in school for Christ's Sakes! Why it not working, sayith the Man! Now your catching On!

Although Moving is One of the Keys; if you like Keys!

Peace

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

infoseeker26754
reply to post by WanDash

Oh, so you Are in the same boat as I am! Have 13 yrs on you though, seems my other half is the Devils Wife! …

So – does that mean that you are the Devil? …or, that she’s cheating on the Devil?

infoseeker26754 …No not really though, come to find out one of the hardest things to learn is Love! And one of the best ways in going about it is bring you the Love you always Wanted! Yet you hear, you are this, that and one needs to get a job! Ain't doing this right, lazy and should have never met you! …

You’ve been reading my mail, I see. Oh – there’s also, the – “No-one else would have put up with what you put me through” side… And you just wonder – “So – why are you still here?”.
But, maybe that’s simply because I haven’t ‘learned Love’.

infoseeker26754 …true test of Ones Love is knowing the Love you should have really wanted WAS Your Own! Is she now that Soul Sucking Sucapus you ever wanted? Sings a great song until you get to the island!

I guess that could be. Seems kind of self-centered, though. Maybe there’s a way to “love oneself” that isn’t selfish… I don’t know. The recipe seems pretty tricky to me – ‘slight modifications here and there – add a touch of basil or rosemary or both – and whatever you do, don’t add thyme’...bake for 7 years…turn, baste…10 more…turn, baste…18 more on HIGH (save Broil for the last 15 minutes)” …and there you have non-selfish self-love.
Not making light of your statement – just illustrating how funky the notion seems…
Reminds me of my years in a highly-religious environment…
“If God isn’t answering your prayers – it’s because you aren’t doing something right.”
Okay – well, what am I doing right & what am I doing wrong?
“Nothing and everything.”
Okay – well, that should be easy to fix. How much do I owe for that advice?

infoseeker26754 …You Might just want to Thank Her and not condem. Shes the one who signed up to wake your ass up! …

That could be… I surely don’t know. Maybe you do.
(BTW – I don’t know if you’re talking about/from/with yourself, or referring to something I’ve said… But – it was not my spouse, or even a romantic relationship that was involved in the ‘neck-baring’ ceremony, etal… Just someone I worked with for a while.)

infoseeker26754 …So even if you have crazy thought of placing things in her water, dropping her off where you found her, passing the buck to a friend who is interested, man I have a List of things to do!
Don't! …

Thanks for the list!

Peace Too

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

So you Are In Love? Just Joking! No I'm refering to myself and actually can relate to How You Feel! It is about how you Feel Right?

It really does not matter if it was the one down the street, office or home. No I don't have 3! Its the person who get under your skin, bugs the Hell out of you and most try to distanced themselves from it. Thats where one starts to lose power; Inner that is!

lets explain it another way. I knowing I had the power at work decided to play, Who Has A Brain This weekend! Knowing it was going to rain, snow and something odd should have taken the Redwood in.

Here is where them voices come into play! Fighting, more like different points of view really! Since 2 of them been there Forever although one delivers, should know to bring wood in if weather is going bad!

the one who has no balls, could care less, and Knows what needs to be done. Blows it off! So Saterday decided to maybe go in and "Do It Myself" and a voice said. Why? Another onw said, "Go in Monday and say WTF! Dumbass!" Then another says, "Your were off that day so why worry about it?"

I'm doing all three, Monday! Now my real Boss who runs the Lumber Yard Has No Time dealing with the crap! He places orders, helps people to do simple math; really its that bad! Question, How many 2x4's will it take if you have a 20 ft wall? What are you using? 16" centers or 24"? Or say a redwood deck, 10'x10', What are you using, 6", 8" 10 or 12" for the floor? So much for the School System!

My dumb @ss goes to Youtube to acurire the info; like how one mixes paint, fis this or that. Most people these days would rather Have someone else to it for them. Then if something should go wrong it's the person who told you and not yourself! Now of Course the owner could aquire some Help, has and ends up costing due to errors.

Or could it be the world is jusy plain stupid? Its rare to find a good worker anymore! Not braging or anything, just a year ago I was a simple cook! Before that a farmer, office, and Floater. Each job has yrs under the belt, no less the 3yrs more then 5.

Figured out what a Floater is Yet?

Peace

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I actually know your having a hard time with it! For me I had to learn to actually was coming out of her mouth and not what my mind was doing filling in the blanks! Attack and you Defend.

Then dealing with myself and what was going through at the time helped! Stop Breath and Listen, without defending! Say nothing and go about you bussness, best to nod though!

That when they say Your Running! Next its nice time for you! Seems the respones through then for a loop and reflected their own Fears, so to play safe. Being Nice, sweet, you know, at first!

Depending where your at, last leg of my lession. Learned no mater what, I Love. Myself more really since going what I went through was pure hell placed upon my understanding of what I though Love actually Was. So the Play has ended and the next Play will take fold.

Sometimes its best to just wait, allow the play to be set up, player already now singing up, so I'm getting some Rest! Just waiting for Play 2675-4, crap! Four parts to this play? Really?

Gotta Love Me!

Peace

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

I'm here brother. Got some good sleep this weekend.
A rare blessing.

You know me ... never far. Same frequency.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Good to hear that Snarl! Aw Sleep!

Hey you juys? being lazy and relaxing today myself so decided to watch a movie. Funny how something so simple end up turning into an empathany!

Watch Rapture Palooza on netflix. Trashy, low buget, Yet gets down to a simple fact!
Let me know after you watch.

Peace
edit on 13-4-2014 by infoseeker26754 because: :lol

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Riffrafter

Hexadecimus
Ah, this is a fairly old concept in philosophy. I am sure it dates back several hundred if not thousands of years.
Wikipedia: Brain in a vat

The problem with this or solipsism (and other similar schools of thought) is that they simply don't get you anywhere. It might be fun to think about for a while, but it eventually gets old, leading to boredom and stagnation and finally stasis.
And stasis is bad. I believe its the only undesirable result of the infinite paths we have to choose from. It's worse than death. It's a repudiation of ever having lived/existed.
Motion is key. It is the one thing common to all things in this universe. And if you couple motion with intent - now you're talking.

Stasis is death; as you say movement or some direction taken is better. This particular human experience (paradigm) universe works on the premise of the positive being the driver, the negative is only a negotiating factor to propell or instigate a positive. There is no other way this can work, Positives (GROWTH) are automatically built in to this system. Why; because all of the failures (startovers, hit the reset key) that have occured in the past become redundancies/same old civilization failures; a system can even by binary process can become smarter; learn how to preserve itself and prosper. I do not understand why this concept is so difficult as it is being demonstated right in front of your eyes. Information was always designed/despensed as binary code just as it always has been, even within a non physical environment; what you are experiencing now in the physical is a fundimental 'basic physical model of it' (as you type upon your keyboard/pad) and see words projected on your screen/monitor. The clues to all are here you are experiencing it; you havent deconstructed it yet is all (its true origin). There is a difference with this paradigm though; the introduction of "freewill" given to the human.
edit on 13-4-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
WanDash
reply to post by veteranhumanbeing

WanDash Apparently, I wasn’t clear in more than one case…After a while, I knew what they wanted to say… Nothing! Didn’t take more than a couple of phone calls to see the common thread. “Pay my way. I don’t want to work. I don't think I should have to... I've had a hard life...”

Oh so they were feeding upon you ultimately; or wanted access to your home environment.

WanDash This meant that the content (heart) of each call (that you said you would have wanted to know ‘what it was about’) – while portending to be about loose ends needing resolutions in the defunct project…was actually asking/demanding/pleading/begging…that I make life easy for her.
She didn’t want to work. Had no marketable skills that would earn the kind of money she had been making for the last 3 years… Wanted what so many want – a worry-free life of ease and comfort… provided by…someone-else. Her first husband wouldn’t give it to her… Her ‘boyfriend’ wasn’t going to give it to her… I was very passive…in the midst of a resurgence of the ‘Experience’ that had begun a year and a half earlier…and was deluded in thinking that everyone around me had power over me (with said power having derived from the script I have referred to numerous times – being the aspect of my experience &/or beliefs that drew me to this thread)…and she was, apparently, the most willing to take advantage of the same.

She had her way with you; seduced you, fairly normal SOP in those types of manipulations; usually street drugs are involved and ultimately robbing you of every penny you have (how would I know this); point? its to break your pysche into a million shards of glass; irretrievable, and never recover (why were you singled out).

WanDash I am not defending my actions, inactions – Not demeaning or attempting to disparage any other parties involved…just giving context to the Experience. If I wanted to take it further, I could say that, while the ‘neck-baring’ experience was a psychic terror…it was only the start of said terrors…as they grew, and continued to grow more debilitating for months to come – only, in the faces, actions, words and attitudes (all – perceived) of virtually everyone in this world…as well as the ‘psychic-&-other phenomena’ that accompanied the same.
How does any of that relate to this thread?
At times throughout the experience (and thereafter), I contemplated (seriously) whether I was dead, experiencing a life-review…only not in the ‘flash through your mind’ kind of way, but rather…as experiencing it again – with no way of changing anything.

You cant change anything at all you have to OWN the experience. Youve got to move beyond it; realizing it was necessary to take your soul into an entirely new place of awareness/growth.

WanDash Seems many people question this reality – whether they admit it or not. I have heard/read that this ‘common reality’ is only ‘common’ by the participatory-agreement of all involved, and that, otherwise, we might not be seeing or perceiving the same things.

They do, believe me just not available consciously or willing to articulate it (out of ignorance of circumstance; never knew if they intuited 'something' was odd about an experience; they wouldnt know how to concieve it or place it into a percieved reality all about them that is a false construction. Imagination is the key to the lock of the fakery surrounding us (its a great way to cope or transcend the drudgery, the commonplace).

WanDash How can so many intelligent, similarly motivated, apparently honest & searching souls/people have such differing views and interpretations of everything from Origins, to Religion, to every scientific, societal, political and every-other-subject-matter available for consideration?

Because we are all individuals ON PURPOSE to expierence our lives as extensions of God Aspect is as many different forms as possible. This world is going to reboot; (if as one poster said didnt already in 2012; and the information gathering right now is in extreme panting drooling mode right now.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Snarl

A rare blessing.

Glad to know Im not the only one else present here witnessing/trying to digest this spagetti bowl of information coming from 360 degrees of insight/outta-sight directions. I think its the personal emotional content shared that is throwing me the boomerang. Used to using humor to defuse; or snappy retorts to deflect, not so easy on this thread.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

vethumanbeing

Snarl

A rare blessing.

Glad to know Im not the only one else present here witnessing/trying to digest this spagetti bowl of information coming from 360 degrees of insight/outta-sight directions. I think its the personal emotional content shared that is throwing me the boomerang. Used to using humor to defuse; or snappy retorts to deflect, not so easy on this thread.

There is much to consider here. You know I like to participate after most of the spectators have lost interest. It'll take some time to go back and re-read.

Personal to Riffrafter:
Hang in there, brother.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Snarl

vethumanbeing

Snarl

A rare blessing.

There is much to consider here. You know I like to participate after most of the spectators have lost interest. It'll take some time to go back and re-read.
Personal to Riffrafter:
Hang in there, brother.

As well I know this to be true Snarl; the extremely off the wall fun ideas are exchanged when no one seems to be paying attention anymore.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
infoseeker26754
reply to post by veteranhumanbeing

Infoseeker Yep! Sometimes I allow them to speak, while some hold back. More like a difference in points of view really. Truth has it's downside, cuts the crap away and leave your mind grasping at any idea you mind can to relate so it does not have to deal with it just now. Then after forgetting about it, someday comes along and rocks your Boat!

You allow your higherselves to speak only sometimes?; they are all facets/personalities of your own past existances; so some hold back because that part of you (lifetime) was shy in its experience? Truth never has a downside because what is the humans purpose? to know what it is; (who we are and where we are from ultimately; and at the same time being misled regarding it. I understand grasping at any notion for others; not me I know my truth, what I am and where I come from.

Infoseeker Would have been easyer to just sit with it and see what was going on at the time. No, it gets placed on hold, pushed back and later you have a mess created out of your mind idea of what happen.

If they are argueing with/about you amongst themselves; you are missing something in the main message (they arent getting through to you in your current physical state).

Infoseeker They are teaching me to stay in the Now, and really mean it! Working on that, cleaning up my thoughts so stay intune in the now and not jumping around with many things at once.Peace

So 'they' are in fact (most of your past lives I mean) were living beings of a Buddhist religious construct (staying in the now is the clue).

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Snarl

Personal to Riffrafter:
Hang in there, brother.

No worries my friend - that's why God invented fingernails.

Wait....what?

And I still owe you a u2u...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

What can I say... It's a pleasure to consider your responses.
You gave an example of 3 voices in an earlier reply...and that raised a question, for me...
I noticed that the 3 voices, each, suggested another course of action than the one you chose...
Is this typical for you? Meaning - do you always listen to what 'they' say...then choose another option?
Are these 'actual' voices...?
Do you consider them to be a part of you...or separate from you?

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
…She had her way with you; seduced you, fairly normal SOP in those types of manipulations; usually street drugs are involved and ultimately robbing you of every penny you have (how would I know this); point? its to break your pysche into a million shards of glass; irretrievable, and never recover (why were you singled out). …

The attempted seduction (sexual or otherwise) was persistent…mixed with ‘genuine concern’, mixed with ‘you be concerned with my problems/life, too’… And, while the ‘sexual’ or ‘physical’ seduction did not succeed, I felt obligated to accept some responsibility/concern for her other life-problems…
The others who’d been working with her, I’m sure, heaved a huge sigh of relief when they saw her focus shift…to me. Even her boyfriend, seemed to hope that I might step up and take some of the burden from his brow.
...you are correct about, at least – a million shards…&…irretrievable.
So – I see that there is no use in pursuing this any further.
Meaning – it doesn’t matter why I might have been singled out…
Damage done…

Thanks.
I think this response answered my question/s.
Best regards to you, each and all.

edit on 4/13/2014 by WanDash because: back out

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

There is a difference with this paradigm though; the introduction of "freewill" given to the human.

And yet another tangent/level heard from!

You really have a talent for this vet...

So is it freewill? Or just the illusion of freewill?

Not to the degree that we're all puppets on a string, but rather that there are boundaries. We're all free to play within our sandboxes, but going outside of same is prohibited (and your mileage may vary, etc).

And if there are boundaries - who created them? Ourselves? Others? Both? Why?

Or are the boundaries themselves an illusion? If so - the same questions apply, although the answers to this one may be easier.

Ultimately it comes down to the question - is there such a thing as an unbounded system(s)?

I think there must be, if for no other reason than infinity would be a terrible thing to waste.

(Just don't ask yourself where this unbounded system resides)...

-=insert head here=-

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Riffrafter
...So is it freewill? Or just the illusion of freewill?
...Not to the degree that we're all puppets on a string, but rather that there are boundaries. We're all free to play within our sandboxes, but going outside of same is prohibited (and your mileage may vary, etc).
...And if there are boundaries - who created them? Ourselves? Others? Both? Why?

Excellent questions!
Were they (the boundaries, or illusions thereof) created...? And, if so, by whom?
If they were created by 'others'...are we somehow, or for some reason bound (obligated to remain) within them?
On the other hand - What If...whomever was intelligent/powerful enough to instill such boundaries...was actually concerned for our well-being/welfare...?

Riffrafter ...Or are the boundaries themselves an illusion? If so - the same questions apply, although the answers to this one may be easier. ...

If they (the illusory boundaries) are illusions... yeah ...good question - Who imposed them?
Where did the concept of 'illusion' come from?
Doesn't seem like something a simple, straightforward Big Bang, or God-Bang would throw into the mix...
There is obviously 'deception' involved... So - where did that come from?

Riffrafter ...Ultimately it comes down to the question - is there such a thing as an unbounded system(s)?
...I think there must be, if for no other reason than infinity would be a terrible thing to waste. ...

Then again - Infinity is merely a concept. With 'merely' meaning - "How can it be proven?"

In your opinion - does the concept of 'Infinity' defy the expanding & contracting universe paradigm?
For me - I suppose that an 'ever expanding and contracting' universe might fit within a minimalist's view of Infinity...but, moving 'til stasis is achieved seems to cast a dim light on a literal (& maximal) view of the same.

edit on 4/14/2014 by WanDash because: well - you know

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join