It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic forces and horror movies/death metal.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I believe demonic forces influence the minds behind extreme ''entertainment'', such as horror/gore movies, death metal etc. Such movies are infamous for their depictions of death, torture and mutilation. Themes in death metal (lyrics and album art) also include sexual violence, coprophilia, necrophilia, cannibalism etc.. (Though there are some ''classy'' death metal bands that have themes about ancient mythologies...especially Middle East) Another thing I've observed is that most death metal fans are inclined towards the gore genre of movies, or at least have a taste for it. _____________________________________________ On the surface level, gore movies and metal can be brushed aside as warped, yet harmless entertainment for fringe audiences. However, human minds are not naturally wired to be attracted towards death and other things that people universally find repulsive. Those that are attracted to the morbid (as both creators and fans of extreme art) are most definitely influenced by other worldly demonic forces without even realizing it. They may lead normal lives, but their tastes reveal the presence of demonic activity.
edit on 7-4-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

However, human minds are not naturally wired to be attracted towards death and other things that people universally find repulsive.

You underestimate the bounds within which humanity operates. Humans attraction to violence and gore has been with us forever it seems to me. We just have better tech now.

As you seem to be saying these things are bad I have to ask, why is your avatar the symbol of the Eightfold path of Chaos? Just curious.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
A Religion is an information meme (or contagion),you download the software(unassailable reference) follow the clerics advice and hey presto you tune in to the false artificial reality for that religion soon you get synchronicity and co-incidence from that reality to convince the ego it has found the 'truth',music and entertainment are also information which you download it too can attract spirits such as the false religious spirit and demons,dont believe me go to www.napster.com and look at the logo that beastie with earphones is the sucker you can swallow if your an i-pod addict....choose your input carefully.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

There's a lot of weird seemingly "fringe" things in the bible... But that must be ok right? Like how Christians say that ghosts and aliens aren't real they are demons yet they worship the "Holy Spirit" ... I'm so sick of the witch hunt. Without the darkness how do we appreciate the light? Perhaps being told how great the light is is enough for you, but I prefer to learn lessons by doing. Just because I enjoy darker things doesn't make me evil or influenced by the devil or demons. To make such generalities is myopic and ignorant. Do you think you're going to win anyone over to "your side" with this kind of vapid commentary? I mean really...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I know what you mean, but since you singled out death metal from all of the provacative music today I would like to ask you how about Cristian death metal.

Christian Death Metal is becoming more popular now a days. Here is a list of Christian Death Metal bands. Don't agree with the list? Vote for an existing item you think should be ranked higher or if you are a logged in, add a new item for others to vote on or create your own version of this list.

www.thetoptens.com...

Music is just an outlet for a person to express themselves.

Lyrics can be made about anything. If it is death, then these lyrics just are not in death metal, look at the many varieties in which murder and mayhem are being expressed.

As a nonbeliever in religion/god I tend to think that people of faith look for scapegoats to blame the wrong doings of "man/woman".

Humanity has a platter that comes in different "tastes" if it isn't your flavor you can go sample something else.

I personally like heavy metal, horror movies, and the like. To say I have been "demonized" is a far stretch as to my intentions, which is to be a provider to my children and be respectable as can be and to teach this to my children.

It is all in the eye of the beholder.

Just my opinion on the matter.

edit on 7-4-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

With the Laws of Attraction, demonic forces will always be attracted to each other and every host body that goes to these gigs can be a target for possession.

The victims don't even know it even when they start getting thoughts that they have never thought before like rape, murder, hate, greed and so on.

Pityful really.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It's not just horror movies and death metal. The entire entertainment industry is a nefarious distraction from truth. They're just two elements of it that have found a niche in (and reinforce) our culture's death obsession/fear.

Made possible in large part, I might add, by the incessant materialist mantra that death is "the end".

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
You are going to miss a lot of great entertainment while hiding under your bed.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
horror movies and death metal (along other extreme genres) could influence a person in a negative way, that much is true.

but it really depends on the viewer/listener and the way they get involved into the scenes/lyrics.

also, when talking about lyrics in metal or in other music genres, not everyone actually listens or care about lyrics, there are people who enjoy overall experience.

and experiences may vary again depending on the way people get involved.

of course, too much is not good.

like they used to say in Greece: "Nothing too much."

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Wasn't there a battle in Heaven once?

Violence is a part of our existence it seems.

A Mysterious and brutal world we all live in.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

SilverStarGazer.... Just because I enjoy darker things doesn't make me evil or influenced by the devil or demons. To make such generalities is myopic and ignorant.
I never said fans of ''dark'' entertainment are evil by default. I was talking about the really warped type of movies and death metal that have a strong enphasis on death and violence. Look up any album by say, ''Cannibal corpse'' or ''Devourment''... Their lyrics are from the point of view of serial killers, rapists, psychos and are about murder, torture, rape, mutilation and other horrible things. What drives a musician to write a song called ''Babykiller'' or ''Butchered at birth''? My point is that there is something very dark influencing their creativity...other worldly forces. Granted they don't sell too many cds or win grammies or even get airtime on channels. But they have a dedicated fan base...meaning there is an audience for music that glorifies evil.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

skyblueworld
Wasn't there a battle in Heaven once?

Violence is a part of our existence it seems.

A Mysterious and brutal world we all live in.

I think what he is talking about is FOCUS.

of course violence and death are part of our existence, cycle of life.

but could it be that (too much) focus on death, violence, negativity can be bad for (some) people?

like all the fascinations with vampires in recent years, movies, playbook for kids about vampires, video games and what not.

I am not saying things listed are necessarily bad but there is heavy focus on negativity, at moments it almost seems like agenda.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

liejunkie01

I know what you mean, but since you singled out death metal from all of the provacative music today I would like to ask you how about Cristian death metal.

christian ''death metal'' is basically music played like regular death metal but with christian lyrics. This threads focus is on the extreme death metal glorifying violence...even towards women and children!

Humanity has a platter that comes in different "tastes" if it isn't your flavor you can go sample something else...(snip)... to be a provider to my children and be respectable as can be and to teach this to my children.

This might come as a surprise to many people that know me here, but a long time ago, I used to be into extreme death and black metal....and gory horror films. Back then I didn't think too much of their lyrical content and imagery...I just ''liked'' the distorted guitars, blastbeats and growled vocals. It had a certain energy to it...but looking back, I realized it simply wasn't compatible with my spiritual beliefs. You say you have children...can you sincerely say you can respect an artist who writes and records a song about killing children?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
If we're not wired towards this subject as you imply how do you explain the populartiy of authors like Stephen king, Michael Crichton, Robin Cook, James Patterson and the like? Our interest is natural. It amounts to an action like whistling past the graveyard. Confronting our fears. Especially our fears of death.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
If we're not wired towards this subject as you imply how do you explain the populartiy of authors like Stephen king, Michael Crichton, Robin Cook, James Patterson and the like? Our interest is natural. It amounts to an action like whistling past the graveyard. Confronting our fears. Especially our fears of death.
I was actually referring to extreme horror/gore flicks. Like say, Lucio Fulci movies that contain long drawn out scenes of violence....tarantulas ripping off a face... acid dissolving a face while a small girl looks on....literally vomiting out the entire stomach and intestines....eyeball being slowly stabbed by a splinter...etc. None of these scenes were even crucial for the story development...its gore for the sake of gore...and it isn't normal. The filmmakers minds are under influence.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Horror movies are awesome!! I don't agree with your premise OP.
Now if someone wants to sit and watch movies like August underground or Serbian Film and then think hey, i hope there are more of these, then I do think that is odd because those movies are sick.
Horror should be scary, funny and innovative but we have moved into the realm of torture and violence just for the sake of it.
Music is music and death metal is not my thing but whatever floats your boat.

I do not agree about demons or anything like that but I do think that if you seek out and constantly consume the most extreme kinds of movies, then you should ask yourself why because you could definitely be doing yourself harm, but not demonic or religious harm as that is make believe

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

stargatetravels
Horror movies are awesome!! I don't agree with your premise OP.
Now if someone wants to sit and watch movies like August underground or Serbian Film and then think hey, i hope there are more of these, then I do think that is odd because those movies are sick.
Horror should be scary, funny and innovative but we have moved into the realm of torture and violence just for the sake of it.
Music is music and death metal is not my thing but whatever floats your boat.

I do not agree about demons or anything like that but I do think that if you seek out and constantly consume the most extreme kinds of movies, then you should ask yourself why because you could definitely be doing yourself harm, but not demonic or religious harm as that is make believe
This was originally posted in the religion forums and was intended to be a discuss the idea about demons influencing peoples creativity. Could a mod please move it to a more appropriate section, like say ''paranormal'? The thread idea is that there are demonic forces that are responsible for the evil ideas that are presented as ''entertainment'' .

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Its quite sad to see people still believing all the anti-metal hype. Rock music lyrics should never be taken literally, to do so generally means you're a sucker who fell for the lyricists trolling humour.

Passing responsibility for humanities capacity to do evil onto other worldly entities is cowardly and weak.

Reminds of when I was a kid and my Mum said she didn't like the Offspring song 'it's cool to hate' ... it's irony you daft old bat, get a grip.

Confronting difficult, offensive and disgusting realities is a crucial part of a societies, or an individuals development. By recognising these actions and learning what can push a person to do evil, we can learn how to avoid it.

How many metal heads go to jail for violent crime? Very few I bet.

I think you're a couple o' pitchforks short of a witch hunt myself, but carry on pointing fingers if it soothes your corruptable soul.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

@March of the Fire Ants....

Reminds of when I was a kid and my Mum said she didn't like the Offspring song 'it's cool to hate' ... it's irony you daft old bat, get a grip.

offspring??? Are you kiddint? I'm talking about extreme death metal bands that write songs about killing children and raping women...and it gets even worse. Yes, they exist. I believe its a result of demonic influence. This thread isn't about what people want to listen to...rather its about exploring the possibility that demonic forces have been acting on the minds of musicians/filmmakers.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
My point is that there is something very dark influencing their creativity...other worldly forces.

Someone check to see if hell has frozen over. I agree with Skorpion. Quick .. mark the calendar.

I agree that some of the horror stuff out there is most likely subconsciously influenced by evil forces. But the thing is ... you can't convince people of that when they don't believe that evil/supernatural elements exist.

That being said .. the new horror movie 'Oculus' ... the promos on TV are freaky.
Those commercials chill me to the soul.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join