It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic forces and horror movies/death metal.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

tsurfer2000h
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Again, my focus is on bands whose lyrical themes revolve around murder, rape, torture, necrophilia. There are plenty of them out there. My pov is that their material have an other worldly origin...the actual band members might be ''nice'' people with normal lives...but their minds have channeled into something that, I believe, is not of this world.

Here you go from Slayer on their religious background and their music.

and this ...

Seems to me it is just entertainment that they found a niche in, and not some other world force influencing these songs.
Slayer arent death metal and are pretty tame compared to the bands I'm talking about. Read the lyrics to cannibal corpse album ''tomb of the mutilated'' ...because thats the league I've been referring to.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I've always heard that horror movies and violent/gory shows are more popular during economic downturns - the music slant is a bit silly to me. I'm more concerned about the violent movie/tv connection to human behavior (if there is one) than loud agnsty music.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Fans of violent death metal may not act out what they hear....my focus is on the SOURCE of the material (lyrics and album art.) I know the members of cannibal corpse are absolutely normal guys you could hang out and have a chat with....which is what makes the whole thing a WHOLE LOT creepier. If they are such nice guys...then where are those ideas for songs like ''###### with a knife'' and ''butchered at birth'' coming from??? ''Nice'' people don't come up with stuff like that.

That's just it the source for their material comes from what they see around them, as they see things happening in the world they just put a different spin on those things that make them different, it doesn't mean they are being influenced by some dark other worldly entities.

In the musical world you have to have something that will get you noticed and show you aren't a cookie cutter band, and their way just happens to be morbid things that other bands don't sing about.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Slayer arent death metal and are pretty tame compared to the bands I'm talking about. Read the lyrics to cannibal corpse album ''tomb of the mutilated'' ...because thats the league I've been referring to.

Really?

Try again.

You see I grew up listening to Death Metal and all the bands that are in this genre so to tell me certain bands aren't death metal is funny.

Btw my cd collection ranges from Venom to Deicide and many others in between, so I am fairly prevelant in the Death Metal genre.

Also Death Metal is death metal it isn't broken down into seperate sub genres.
edit on 7-4-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Had you checked out the link I provided on page 2 you would have seen this...

Death Metal

Abomination
Adramelech
Amorphis
Ancient Rites
Asphyx
At the Gates
Atheist
Atrocity
Autopsy
Baphomet
Cadaver
Cartilage
Cenotaph
Centinex
Ceremony
Deathstrike
Deceased
Deicide
Demigod
Demilich
Deteriorate
Dismember
Divine Eve
Entombed
Fleshcrawl
God Macabre
Gorguts
Grotesque
Gutted
Hetsheads
Hypocrisy
Immolation
Imprecation
Incantation
Infester
Kataklysm
Kilcrops
Lepra
Magus
Massacra
Massacre
Molested
Monstrosity
Morbid Angel
Morpheus Descends
Mortuary
Mythic
Necromass
Necrophiliac
Necrophobic
Nuclear Death
Num Skull
Obituary
Oppressor
Pessimist
Pestilence
Possessed
Pyrexia
Rise
Revenant
Sadistic Intent
Seance
Sentenced
Sepultura
Sinister
Slayer
Suffocation
Thanatopsis
Therion
Torchure
Unanimated
Uncanny
Unleashed
Vader

www.anus.com...

Just so you know Slayer was an influence on most if not all Death metal bands as they have been around since 1981.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Cannibal Corpse prides itself on overtly violent-themed songs and album artwork, which it sees as nothing more than an extreme form of over-the-top entertainment. In the film Metal: A Headbanger's Journey, George Fisher said death metal is best viewed "as art", and claimed that far more violent art can be found at the Vatican, saying that such depictions actually happened.[19] Some of Cannibal Corpse's most controversial song titles include "Meat Hook Sodomy", "Entrails Ripped from a Virgin's ####", "Necropedophile", "Stripped, Raped, and Strangled," and "####ed with a Knife".[20]

Of their music, George Fisher once said in an interview: "We don't sing about politics. We don't sing about religion...All our songs are short stories that, if anyone would so choose they could convert it into a horror movie. Really, that's all it is. We like gruesome, scary movies, and we want the lyrics to be like that. Yeah, it's about killing people, but it's not promoting it at all. Basically these are fictional stories, and that's it. And anyone who gets upset about it is ridiculous."[21]

In response to accusations that his band's lyrics desensitize people to violence, Alex Webster argued death metal fans enjoy the music only because they know the violence depicted in its lyrics is not real:

"I think people probably aren't that desensitized to it, you know including myself, like you know, we sing about all this stuff and you watch a movie where you know it's not real and it's no big deal, but if you really saw someone get their brains bashed in right in front of you, I think it would have a pretty dramatic impact on any human being you know what I mean? Or some terrible, gross act of violence or whatever done right in front of you, I mean you'd react to it, no matter how many movies you've watched or how much gore metal you've listened to or whatever, I'm sure it's a completely different thing when it's right in front of you. Even though we've got crazy entertainment now, our social realities are actually a bit more civilized than they were back then, I mean we're not hanging people or whipping them in the street and I think that's positive improvement for any society in my opinion."

en.wikipedia.org...

Most of what is out there is for shock value. There are a few, like Mayhem, who take their music/lifestyle seriously and are quite messed up but I would venture to guess that they were messed up long before they started expressing themselves in music/movies. For the most part it is done to get a reaction or to provoke thoughts on society.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Okay here you go a documentary on Death Metal...

Enjoy...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Since your stuck on Cannibal Corpse here is a little video you should see...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have to say that I disagree with it's proposed effects on people. I have been to quite a few death metal concerts, Six Feet Under, Giagantour (with Opeth, Lamb of God, and other metal bands), plus others. The people there were some of the nicest people I have met in my life. I have heard of metal concerts where people are trampled and killed, however, I have never hear of one of these concerts being a death metal band, always something weaker like slipknot of Metallica. I have met people at death metal concerts that are more nice than the average christian that I have met. I believe it's because the music is an outlet for the anger which would otherwise be released toward other people.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

FlyersFan

That being said .. the new horror movie 'Oculus' ... the promos on TV are freaky.
Those commercials chill me to the soul.

My husband who doesn't normally notice or pay much attention to stuff like that noticed there's something odd about that one, too. He actually stopped what he was doing last night and remarked on it and then drew a connection between it and how Facebook bought a company called Oculus which is a VR company, and he had a disturbed look on his face.

I think it's possible that there are some fringe hate metal genre that are inspired by less than savory spiritual forces. There's just a major difference between something like Ozzy Osborne and his antics or KISS and something as dark as some of those groups you accidentally stumble across on Pandora can be, not that Ozzy is pristine, but he's like junior league or preschool.

And I know I have a threshold for what I can tolerate in a movie. I don't dislike horror at all. I like a good scare, but there's a difference between being scared and having buckets of gore and unthinkable acts of violation of the human body dumped on screen in an attempt to shock. I like the first, but I dislike the second, but maybe I'm old-fashioned in that I like my imagine to do a part of the scaring and this gore bucket style leaves nothing out but shows it all and it's vomit inducing and unnecessary and not in the slightest scary, just ... disgusting and unsettling.

And you can sometimes tell that the film is almost inviting you to revel in it, and that's where I start to draw the line.
edit on 7-4-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Bassago

However, human minds are not naturally wired to be attracted towards death and other things that people universally find repulsive.

As you seem to be saying these things are bad I have to ask, why is your avatar the symbol of the Eightfold path of Chaos? Just curious.

the buddhist eightfold path symbol is different than the Symbol of Eight, chaos star Testament uses.
would be wise not to confuse them lol.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n
I believe demonic forces influence the minds behind extreme ''entertainment'', such as horror/gore movies, death metal etc. Such movies are infamous for their depictions of death, torture and mutilation. Themes in death metal (lyrics and album art) also include sexual violence, coprophilia, necrophilia, cannibalism etc.. (Though there are some ''classy'' death metal bands that have themes about ancient mythologies...especially Middle East) Another thing I've observed is that most death metal fans are inclined towards the gore genre of movies, or at least have a taste for it. _____________________________________________ On the surface level, gore movies and metal can be brushed aside as warped, yet harmless entertainment for fringe audiences. However, human minds are not naturally wired to be attracted towards death and other things that people universally find repulsive. Those that are attracted to the morbid (as both creators and fans of extreme art) are most definitely influenced by other worldly demonic forces without even realizing it. They may lead normal lives, but their tastes reveal the presence of demonic activity.
edit on 7-4-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

wow, yea man...make sure you put surgeons, butchers, and anatomy artists in this demonized group as well....
oh and make sure you leave out police, military and gangsters. ... who really does the most death and actual gore?

also its called "Death'" metal cuz its not about the concept of death, its a style done after an actual metal band called "Death" from the 80's, [not the all-black one from the 70s]... and they actually didn't write about death much...

you're superstitious.
i think superstition is a sign of ignorance
edit on 4/7/2014 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

we get it, you like death metal.

but the thread is not solely about death metal and it is not attack on death metal so you should as well stop "defending" it.

and please don't try to be "the one who define" music genres, I already said that is not the topic - if you want to open a thread I'm willing to participate. (I say that because of your "paste" from anus, like anus is a supreme authority on metal and genres - they even claim Chuck died of AIDS)

of course, most of the artists, musicians who create extreme music are still pretty much normal people who have their own views on religion, spirituality, society.

the question is:

is it possible that while creating a piece of art or "art" that will be morbid, twisted, evil - there is some kind of force outside the creator artist that influence the final piece of music, movie etc...?

it doesn't have to mean that the music/movie will make somebody do evil things but that there might be something not - normal about actually enjoying extreme EXTREME violence, horror etc.
I am talking about something like this for example:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

wow, yea man...make sure you put surgeons, butchers, and anatomy artists in this demonized group as well....

I wasn't talking about people who work with "death" for academic purposes and necessities.... coroners, pathologists, doctors etc.
OP was about the obsession with death for "entertainment" purposes.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Gargamel

In response to accusations that his band's lyrics desensitize people to violence, Alex Webster argued death metal fans enjoy the music only because they know the violence depicted in its lyrics is not real:

I already stated earlier on in this thread :

"I know the members of cannibal corpse are absolutely normal guys you could hang out and have a chat with".

OP focuses on any other wordly forces that are working on their creativity (a product of the mind)

If they are such nice guys...then where are those ideas for songs like ''###### with a knife'' and ''butchered at birth'' coming from??? ''Nice'' people don't come up with stuff like that

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Just so you know Slayer was an influence on most if not all Death metal bands as they have been around since 1981.

Slayer were influential on death metal bands, but they themselves were not a death metal band.
Rather they fall in the thrash metal category.

Not going to argue genres here any further as the OP makes it clear I was referring to a very particular type of music... not all metal and horror in general.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I believe demonic forces influence the minds behind extreme ''entertainment'', such as horror/gore movies, death metal etc.

If you believe in demonic forces you would think like that ^^

It would also follow that you believe angelic forces influence the minds behind positive "entertainment" , such as love/romance movies, folk music etc.

If that's what you believe, at which point do the angelic and demonic forces stop influencing our imaginations? Can you give an example of something created by a human that has no influence whatsoever? As people, we all have the ability to be shocking when we feel like it. Is there a middle ground where a death metal lyricist can be writing lyrics just to shock with no influence from demons or angels??

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Fair Warning : This post contains some extremely disturbing visuals SOLELY for the purpose of discussing the topic. If Mods feel the videos to be removed, please edit my post.

Clearly most people still haven't understood the kind of death metal I was talking about.

I am talking about some rather extreme forms of death metal that are being produced.

For the sake of explaining the point made above, below are some examples... (Explicit imagery)

Anyway, look at the song titles...the album art. Keep in mind that these are not isolated cases. The above vids are just a microscopic sample of the bands that exist in the underground brutal death metal scene. There are tons more.

Now, don't tell me that any normal artist or songwriter could have come up with this. It takes a special kind of perverse to produce this kind of "art".

This is simply NOT the work of normal minds. It reinforces my earlier statement that there are other worldly demonic forces working on the creative imaginations of artists.

edit on 8-4-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Is there a middle ground where a death metal lyricist can be writing lyrics just to shock with no influence from demons or angels??

I don't know. My focus is only on extreme death metal bands that produce art with extremely violent and disturbing imagery.
See the examples I've posted above and tell me any normal guy on the street could have conceptualized such works.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n

This is simply NOT the work of normal minds. It reinforces my earlier statement that there are other worldly demonic forces working on the creative imaginations of artists.

No, but all of this reinforces the idea that you seem to think there is a such thing as "normal" when it comes to the personality, art, creativity... etc. Even if they aren't "normal" minds, it would only prove that they're "abnormal" minds.

Nothing in this thread, nothing you have provided, nor I suspect you will ever provide will prove:
1: The existence of "other worldly" beings"
2: That these beings are "evil"
3: That these beings are influencing certain artists in the death metal scene.

You refuse to believe that human minds are capable of this imagery on their own and have thus reached a conclusion before truly examining the evidence.

I must ask though, if human beings are incapable of "extreme" imagery such as this, would they also not be incapable of "extreme" good imagery? Where is the line between influenced and uninfluenced and who has seemingly made you the definitive expert on the line between the grotesque and the "only slightly less so grotesque that is wasn't influenced by demons"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join