It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic forces and horror movies/death metal.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Yeah I know Offspring are a different kettle of fish but it serves my point. Taking lyrics at face value is pure idiocy. I could list countless songs which have seemingly appalling lyrics that can, if one is able to understand metaphors an irony etc. , be understood in a new light.

So where on the scale of negative concepts does demonic influence come in? From say minor things like heartbreak/depression/infidelity all the way up to baby rape and such. At what point is responsibility handed over to demons?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

March of the Fire Ants

Yeah I know Offspring are a different kettle of fish but it serves my point. Taking lyrics at face value is pure idiocy. I could list countless songs which have seemingly appalling lyrics that can, if one is able to understand metaphors an irony etc. , be understood in a new light.

So where on the scale of negative concepts does demonic influence come in? From say minor things like heartbreak/depression/infidelity all the way up to baby rape and such. At what point is responsibility handed over to demons?

OK, have you ever listened for an extreme metal album of any kind every day for 1 - 2 years?
and I mean very dark stuff...
I bet you didn't.

if you did you would know what the škorpion is trying to say.
believe or not in demons but there are "other" forces...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Death metal was created as a reaction to mainstream music. That includes lyrical content. You would never hear songs about gore and murder on the radio. As a result it became an obvious choice when it came to lyrical themes for the genre. And if the creator's of this music are possessed how do you explain the progression of Chuck Schuldiner, widely considered to be the father of the genre? Sure he started off writing songs like Scream Bloody Gore but by the time Sound of Perseverance came around he was writing stuff like this:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

chuck is one and only and also an exception.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I call shenanigans on the whole premise of this thread. Humans are FASCINATED with gore and violence. We glorify it and partake in it all the way from ritualistically to just randomly. The Romans had their Colosseum games. The Mongols pillaged and raped most of Asia. Old religions used to sacrifice people, cutting their hearts out of their chests while everyone looked on. We used to have public executions of evil doers which included beheadings.

I don't know where you got the idea that humans are inclined to strive away from gore and violence, because studying human history that couldn't be further from the truth. Humans LOVE death and murder.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
@Xcalibur254 .. ''Death'' was actually one of the classier death metal bands. In the sense, you simply cannot compare ''Death'' to the bands that emerged within the genre that he influenced. There are other lesser known bands whose lyrical themes are exclusively about death and torture and even worse. Would you leave your kids around people who write, record and release songs about raping and killing? What do you think about a song titled ''entrails ripped from a virgins ####''. I didn't make that up. Look it up. Still going to tell me its just entertainment? No problem. But exactly when did people need songs like that to feel ''entertained''.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I wouldn't leave my children around Michael Jackson. He didn't sing lyrics about death and violence. Stop judging a person by what they sing and write about. Most musicians put on an act for the public and live COMPLETELY different lives privately.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

I wouldn't leave my children around Michael Jackson. He didn't sing lyrics about death and violence. Stop judging a person by what they sing and write about. Most musicians put on an act for the public and live COMPLETELY different lives privately.

it's about lyrics and music, not about musician's private lives.

I don't know why you mentioned Jackson at all.

On record: Michael Jackson will always be among the greatest.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Well I don't like much death metal but I've heard enough to know how awful the lyrics can be. In fact the heaviest album I like would be Obzen by Meshuggah (often called tech death metal). The lyrics seem pretty demonic but its actually referencing Buddhism and discussing how people sabotage their own peace, hence Obstructing Zen.

Obviously most death metal isn't so subtle or high brow but that doesn't mean demons did it.

Im not saying demons don't exist BTW, or that they are incapable of influencing art. It just seems like a far fetched generalization based on no evidence other than 'lyrics sound evil'.

If I was a demon who had influence over a band I would be pretty gutted that my horrendous baby rape lyrics hadn't inspired a epidemic of baby rape by my fans.. is it just retarded demons with no skill in marketing and PR who choose such an unpopular subgenre to propagate their evil designs? There must be some angry demon parents out there, having put their kids through demon school only to find them possessing some leather clad viking wannabe who gets kicks from making their beavis and butthead fans lol at the word 'excrement'.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
Stop judging a person by what they sing and write about. Most musicians put on an act for the public and live COMPLETELY different lives privately.

Question - Where do the lyrics come from that they write?
Folks may not be living their dark fantasy lyrics while at home,
but the lyrics come from their imagination ... right? That's inside them.
The lyrics are a window to the imagination of the writer of the lyrics.

Do you think the dark fantasy of rape and murder are inborn in all (or some) humans?
Or do you think that other negative energy forces are influencing the imagination?
It's a basic psychology vs theology question.

Some say that dark forces from outside a person can influence their behavior.
Having encountered a few evil spirits .... I agree.
Some say that the lyrics are the basic human Shadow Archetype coming forward.
Having a psychology degree ... I agree with Jung on that as well.

edit on 4/7/2014 by FlyersFan because: punctuation

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

My point is that there is something very dark influencing their creativity...other worldly forces. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here you go a history of metal music from heavy to black to death...

www.anus.com...

There is also this...

Death Metal grew out of the thrash metal in the late '80s. Taking the gritty lyrics and morbid obsessions of thrash to extremes, death metal was -- as its name suggests -- solely about death, pain, and suffering. These relentlessly bleak lyrics were set to loud, heavy riffs that owed as much to the lumbering metal of Black Sabbath as it did to Metallica. Death metal bands also owed a debt to the complex song structures of '70s art rockers, though most of these winding, intricate compositional methods were learned through Metallica. Death metal never attracted a wide audience, but to some diehard heavy metal fans, it was a preferable alternative to Metallica and Guns N' Roses -- who were selling millions of records in the late '80s and early '90s -- or the pop-metal of Poison. It kept a small, dedicated cult throughout the '90s.

www.allmusic.com...

And what makes death metal any worse than some rap groups in the genre of Horrorcore rap?

You see it is a way to pick your niche and be different from all the other metal bands trying to get their record deal, because if you sound like everyone else your chances go down for that deal.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

guys, guys, guys!

the OP never claimed that death metal or any other kind of music is evil.

he mentioned death metal for example along horror movies as well as other similar movies, music and other mediums that could be described as "exceeding the extreme".

and asked a very legitimate question: is it possible that there are forces (he said demons) that influence the artist when making an extreme piece of art (or sometimes piece of crap)?

never labeled any specific genre or style as a whole.

if he did; I would have been offended.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It is interesting that you mention this genre of music. Ever since the success of Scream Blood Gore, an album by the band Death, death metal has been increasingly popular all over the world.

The founder of Deicide (the murder of a god) for example is an avowed Satanist and hates God. He says his hatred grew after a car accident left a scar in the form of a J on his face, and he figures the J stand for either Jesus or Jehovah.

I read that at his concerts he would throw bucketfuls of animal entrails mixed with their blood into the audience, after which the audience would reveal in it with great joy and start throwing the pieces of animal guts on each other.

And like you said the message of their music is disgusting.

How can a person rake fire into their bosom and not be burned? How can listening to such perverted messages lead to anything but hatred and depression?

There is no doubt that the music is indeed influenced by demonic spirit forces. I remember my older brother, when I was a child, listening to death metal in his room all the time. One of the chants I felt especially disgusting was one where it was repeating over and over: "Satan killed Jehovah! Satan killed Jehovah! Satan killed Jehovah!"

Interestingly enough during that time my brother brought that stuff into the house all kinds of demonic activity also followed. Including an attempt of my older brother to murder my parents with a knife. My twin brother and myself intervened and prevented his attempt. But I thought it was no coincidence that one of the songs I would always hear him playing talked about murdering your parents.

If that is not satanically inspired, then nothing is.

True, some may just say that they're just doing it to be rebels, and go against society, that there is nothing wrong with what they're doing, that they're just being creative. But since death metal came out look at all of the unstable young children who listen to it that have committed horrible acts, and ask yourself, is this really just entertainment and art? Does it not affect society?

Imagine listening to this song message over and over, with your headphones, or in your room, while you are depressed, and angry with society (these are the people who usually gravitate to such music): “Satan our master in evil mayhem guides us with every first step,” and “Spill your blood, let it run on to me. Take my hand and let go of your life . . . You’ve spilt the blood. I have your soul.”

I would say that not only death metal, which is an extreme and perverse from of the heavy metal genre, but heavy metal in general washes sanity away from the mind of the listener and replaces it with perversion and violence.

I would NOT let my children anywhere near people who espouse such ideologies or who listen to it.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Where do the lyrics come from that they write?

It can come from anywhere actually.

It can come from something they have seen on tv, news, and many other things like politics.

In fact a band called Sepultura does songs about what they see around them...such as this..

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by March of the Fire Ants

no problem.

I was asking have you ever listened "that" kind of music for prolonged period of time.

I did, so I know what the OP is trying to say.

I don't believe that "demon" theory if you will but I can see where he's coming from.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I'm sure sepultura is not among "those" bands.

seputura is mild metal enjoyment.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by iSomeone

I read that at his concerts he would throw bucketfuls of animal entrails mixed with their blood into the audience, after which the audience would reveal in it with great joy and start throwing the pieces of animal guts on each other.

GG Allin is all I will say here.

And not all bands are like Deicide, and being as someone who grew up listening to this genre of music I can tell you that Deicide and a few other bands are not the norm for death metal.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by iSomeone

They are not ideologies. It's not advocating a way of life. Its an idea, a subject, a concept, a black mirror which the more honest in society have the cahones to hold in front of you to see how you react to the most horrific actions humanity is capable of. Obviously the vast majority of people are perturbed by this to such an extent that they will, in an effort to hide from their own shadow, conjure up mystical powers, thereby absolving themselves of all responsibility should they ever find themselves acting in a way thought impossible without demonic intervention.
edit on 7-4-2014 by March of the Fire Ants because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Well when I clicked this I was hoping for an article stating some cases or examples or something. Kind of disappointed.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

I'm sure sepultura is not among "those" bands.

seputura is mild metal enjoyment.

Actually they are among those other bands as they are considered Death Metal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join