It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion is a gift from God

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

kaylaluv
It's about rights. All the pro-lifers out there don't have a problem if a woman aborts a fetus when carrying that fetus to term would mean certain death to the woman. Why is that? It's because the woman was here first, she is a person with a life - while the fetus may be alive, but has no life yet. The woman's rights take precedence over the fetus' rights. But once the fetus is born, it is not just merely alive, it now has a life (albeit a short one), so the woman's rights no longer take precedence - they now have equal rights.

Oh, and I believe it's the Right that traditionally is in favor of the death penalty - giving the right to socially and morally end a life. And the person getting the death penalty has a life!

Capital punishment is for crimes/actions taken by the individual.

What crime did a pre-natal being commit?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What right do we have to take a life because of a crime? Shouldn't it be God that strikes them dead if he wants them to die? Why don't we leave that up to God?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Then the Lord came down in the cloud and stood there with him and proclaimed his name, the Lord.
(racham), translates, god is merciful.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;

Recham
The "womb" the sanctuary of the racham/God/breath of life.
The seat of mercy, the womb the scared place for the new human, the image bearer of god, a place of mercy

racham: to love, have compassion
Original Word: רָחַם
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: racham
Phonetic Spelling: (raw-kham')
Short Definition: compassion

Also translates to the womb

Yes we are fighting a battle between darkness and light
Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy.

An unborn child cannot plead for mercy, they are most helpless,
edit on 123030p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Please. If God loves them so much, why does he let so many innocent suffer through natural disasters? Oh, I know - he works in mysterious ways.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

kaylaluv
reply to post by beezzer

What right do we have to take a life because of a crime? Shouldn't it be God that strikes them dead if he wants them to die? Why don't we leave that up to God?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

beezzer

kaylaluv
reply to post by beezzer

The crime of being in the wrong place at the wrong time - which is what happens to many people given the death penalty as well. And many of those same people given the death penalty wouldn't have had to go through that if they had been aborted instead. They wouldn't have known what they were missing, but now, they do. So it's even crueler.

Now you answer my question.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

kaylaluv
reply to post by beezzer

Free will.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

beezzer

kaylaluv
reply to post by beezzer

Free will.

Well, those of you who approve of the death penalty may have to take the punishment at the pearly gates as a result of using that free will. I guess we'll see...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

kaylaluv

Please. If God loves them so much, why does he let so many innocent suffer through natural disasters? Oh, I know - he works in mysterious ways.

Natural disasters and diseases are not murder.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That argument really doesn't change anything in regards to abortion.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

kaylaluv

beezzer

kaylaluv
reply to post by beezzer

Free will.

Well, those of you who approve of the death penalty may have to take the punishment at the pearly gates as a result of using that free will. I guess we'll see...

As goes for those who endorse abortions.

Unfortunately, no-one knows the mind of God, though in this instance, the pro-abortion folks certainly seem to.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

daskakik
reply to post by beezzer

That argument really doesn't change anything in regards to abortion.

If it's okay to commit abortion or be a fan of it because God also does it, then why is murder of an adult illegal, since God happens to have a hand in that as well?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

xuenchen

kaylaluv

Natural disasters and diseases are not murder.

It is if Someone is in complete control over them.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

All your argument does is call for murder to also be allowed.

It wouldn't have any bearing on abortion in the least.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

daskakik
reply to post by beezzer

All your argument does is call for murder to also be allowed.

It wouldn't have any bearing on abortion in the least.

I'm trying to put in perspective.

Your assertion is false.

The pro-"choice" argument goes as follows;
If God does it, why can't I.

My counter-point is, God also kills adults.

But that is illegal.

Do the pro-"choice" people want to decriminalize murder of adults as well?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

beezzer

No the pro-choice argument is:
If god does it then why are you trying to say he is against it?

But that is illegal.

And all that proves is that he isn't against that either despite the commandment against it.

At the end of the day all that is being said is that god's actions don't back up the pro-life argument. Whatever laws societies choose to enact are not tied to that observation.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

daskakik

beezzer

No the pro-choice argument is:
If god does it then why are you trying to say he is against it?

But that is illegal.

And all that proves is that he isn't against that either despite the commandment against it.

At the end of the day all that is being said is that god's actions don't back up the pro-life argument. Whatever laws societies choose to enact are not tied to that observation.

And the pro-abortion argument is valid?

If anything, it indicates a further lapse in morality.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

It really boils down to personal responsibility. I don't want a child (for personal reasons), so I take the means of protecting the girl from becoming impregnated. But it is a two way street. If I were to impregnate my girlfriend, then I have a responsibility as well. It's just not on her.

But I do find it odd that many who are pro-abortion are also extremely anti-gun. What's up with that? Where's the tolerance?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

beezzer

But that is illegal.

Sometimes it IS legal to kill adults. Self-defense, times of war, death penalty. We can even take them off life support, or withhold water/nutrition from them when taking them off life support doesn't kill them. All perfectly legal.
God kills, we kill, and we decide as a society that it's okay under certain circumstances. Free will, as you say.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

kaylaluv

beezzer

But that is illegal.

Sometimes it IS legal to kill adults. Self-defense, times of war, death penalty. We can even take them off life support, or withhold water/nutrition from them when taking them off life support doesn't kill them. All perfectly legal.
God kills, we kill, and we decide as a society that it's okay under certain circumstances. Free will, as you say.

That's about the most honest answer I've ever gotten from the pro-abortion crowd.

Society has decided that it is okay to kill in a variety of circumstances.

(I'm going to walk away for a bit and think on that)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join