It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion is a gift from God

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

jrflipjr
Well, beezzer, so much for your request to avoid making this a discussion about abortion....There are some topics that just can't be discussed in public.

politics, religion, abortion, guns, ufos, etc....

Ahh everything on ATS.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over.

4th RULE: Only two guys to a fight.

5th RULE: One fight at a time.

6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.

7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to.

8th RULE: If this is your first night at FIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fight.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Gryphon66
If life begins at conception, thousands of "babies" are "killed" by completely natural processes.

I've yet to see an argument against that fact.

Every day thousands die of natural causes,

But it still highly illegal for me to turn up at your house and shoot you in the head.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

No atheist would ever describe anything as a gift from god.

You probably need to re-think your guess as to their religious allegiances.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

crazyewok

Gryphon66
If life begins at conception, thousands of "babies" are "killed" by completely natural processes.

I've yet to see an argument against that fact.

Every day thousands die of natural causes,

But it still highly illegal for me to turn up at your house and shoot you in the head.

Right, death by old age, sadness.
Death by gunshot to the head, crime.

Given. Difference human adult dying of old age versus being shot in the head.

Here's the similarity that I'm proposing:

End of existence by spontaneous abortion, sadness
End of existence by mechanical or chemical abortion, sadness
Same process, same result.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Gryphon66

Here's the similarity that I'm proposing:

End of existence by spontaneous abortion, sadness
End of existence by mechanical or chemical abortion, sadness
Same process, same result.

I get what your proposing I just 100% strongly disagree with it.

End of existence by spontaneous abortion= Natural= sadness
End of existence by mechanical or chemical abortion = Man mad = crime

Now dont get me wrong Im ok with abortion for medical reasons.

I just 100% disagree with it being used for birth control.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

jrflipjr
Well, beezzer, so much for your request to avoid making this a discussion about abortion....There are some topics that just can't be discussed in public.

politics, religion, abortion, guns, ufos, etc....

May as well close ATS then.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
World’s first legalization of abortion in Soviet Russia by decree 19 November 1920

And at the same time the Communists initiated campaigns to destroy the family and all traditional sexual morality. It is well known that later Communist agents infiltrated many Western organizations and even churches, especially from the 50s onwards, with one purpose being to encourage the acceptance and practice of sexual immorality. They knew that would eventually destabilize and weaken the West - another key to today’s inexplicable, self destructive social behaviour and growing hatred of those with traditional principles.

youtu.be...

AS MANY ABORTIONS AS POSSIBLE
www.ewtn.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
A culture of death is unsustainable

Vladimir Putin calls on Russian families to have three children

www.telegraph.co.uk...

To applause, the president said there were already signs that Russia’s long term demographic decline was reversing, and the population had grown by 200,000 in the first nine months of this year. “The birth rate is at last above the mortality rate,” he said.

“The birth rate is at last above the mortality rate,”

The Relationship Between Communism and Abortion With an Examination of Marxism's Influence in the U.S. Today

www.personal.psu.edu...
edit on 073030p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

idmonster
reply to post by NthOther

No atheist would ever describe anything as a gift from god.

You probably need to re-think your guess as to their religious allegiances.

Oh, I think they would if they thought they could score points. To many, the only value art has is its ability to provoke thought and to a certain kind of person that means to "shock" people. What is more transgressive or shocking than to imply that God blesses abortion, especially as the main opponents believe it goes against God? Even atheists are not above trying to make that kind of statement. If you asked her, she would likely tell you her purpose is to "provoke discussion."

It's working isn't it.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Yep. Like it or not, it did work. It even distracted Beezzer from his "quit whining and get over it" mantra to start a thread on it, and proceed to whine about how offended he was by it.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Abortion is not a gift from "God", simply because it abolishes women from responsibility. If you go around screwing with every guy on the corner, and then you complain that you're pregnant while having no money, that was your retardedness and you should take responsibility for it. By allowing abortion we are supporting this kind of behavior in women... Here's a perfect example...

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

kaylaluv
reply to post by ketsuko

Yep. Like it or not, it did work. It even distracted Beezzer from his "quit whining and get over it" mantra to start a thread on it, and proceed to whine about how offended he was by it.

You are right.

People like me should just shut the hell up and take it. A difference of opinion should not be allowed in our brave new world.

If you could just U2U me an approved list of opinions I should have, it would be appreciated.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You have your opinions, I have mine. My opinion is, when a person gripes that others should not whine about things that he thinks aren't a big deal, yet that same person whines about something he thinks IS a big deal, then that person gets angry when someone calls him on it -- that person is a little bit of a hypocrite. Just my opinion... and I have a right to it.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

kaylaluv
reply to post by beezzer

You have your opinions, I have mine. My opinion is, when a person gripes that others should not whine about things that he thinks aren't a big deal, yet that same person whines about something he thinks IS a big deal, then that person gets angry when someone calls him on it -- that person is a little bit of a hypocrite. Just my opinion... and I have a right to it.

Get over it.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

Okay, that is a perfect example of why some abortions should be FORCED on some people. Or at least forced sterilizations. I lean towards forced sterilization. Have every male sterilized at birth. Then, when that male is age 18, he has to apply to have the sterilization reversed. He has to have a job and be making a certain amount of money, and he has to have a financial plan for the future. If his application is rejected, the sterilization must remain, until such time as he can get his act together. Or, switch it around to the female being sterilized, if you so choose.

I'm only half sarcastic here. The fact is, there are people in this world who aren't too bright. There are people in this world who aren't very responsible. That's just a fact, and I don't see any way around that fact. So what do we do with those people? I don't think it will work just telling those people to get smarter and be more responsible. If only it were that easy. Banning abortions? You think that will all of a sudden make all those people smarter and more responsible? I seriously doubt it. They'll just keep having those babies, and make you pay for it.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I haven't read the thread, so...

beezzer
But why mock religion? Really? Do we have to hate on those that believe in God?

I don't think she's mocking religion... She may be religious herself. Or not. I'm not, and I use the word and the idea of God all the time. I say, "Thank God" for whatever. I say, "Bless you" and other religious-inspired phrases. I even quote the bible. And I'm not mocking religion.

I'm an atheist but I agree with many things in the bible (the bible isn't the first or only place some of these ideas show up) and I agree with many religious teachings. I just don't need or want religion or a god to be aware of these concepts.

It's very possible that the artist's intention was to create debate and discussion about the subject and that certainly did happen. Is abortion a "gift from God"? I don't think so. I don't believe in the biblical God. But is CHOICE a blessing? 100% yes.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

beezzer

kaylaluv
reply to post by beezzer

Get over it.

Ha! I'll give you a star for that.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Sounds like someone else who found convenient ways to deal with "undesirables" in their society.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join