It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.8 "aftershock" strikes Chile on land

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The last time Chile rocked like this the Japan quake was right behind it. The Japanese quake only changed the wobble on the axis because the Tsunami moved so much water at one time.

I would be moving to high ground in Japan or out of it altogether. At least the people in Chile are accustomed to these big quakes.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
6.1 just happened within the last hour.
edit on 3-4-2014 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

phoenixlights321
6.1 just happened within the last hour.
edit on 3-4-2014 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

TY....Just heard. How much more can these poor people take. Thoughts go out to all effected......stay safe!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

incoserv
Somebody in the know, answer this:

With two major quake in the last 48 hours in this area (Peru, then Chile), just how connected, geologically, is this zone to the West Coast of the US? Is it all part of the Pacific Rim Ring of Fire?

My understanding is that it is all somewhat interconnected. If that's the case, I can't help but wonder what this may mean for California.

The official academia and government related (like USGS, university, etc.) will never admit this and will argue it, but it can have an effect. Pressure on one part is displaced to another area. It just depends on isolating the areas, and other factors. Also the time frame could be short, or it could be a long time. You have to isolate where each quake sends pressure to another part of the same plate, or a different plate. Or even within the same fault line, or in interconnected fault lines.

Destinyone
Just tossing this out here for some established guidelines to guage aftershocks...

Aftershock size and frequency with time

Aftershocks rates and magnitudes follow several well-established empirical laws.
Omori's Law

The rate of aftershocks with time follows Omori's law.[1] Omori's law, or more correctly the modified Omori's law, is an empirical relation for the temporal decay of aftershock rates.

Båth's Law

The other main law describing aftershocks is known as Båth's Law[5][6] and this states that the difference in magnitude between a main shock and its largest aftershock is approximately constant, independent of the main shock magnitude, typically 1.1–1.2 on the Moment magnitude scale.
Main article: Gutenberg–Richter law

Gutenberg–Richter law
Aftershock sequences also typically follow the Gutenberg–Richter law of size scaling, which refers to the relationship between the magnitude and total number of earthquakes in a region in a given time period.

Details at link... en.wikipedia.org...

Des

That's just all speculation and theory though. There is actually no reason for that to be true. You can't go by that at all. Large systems like the one in question don't work that way. It's just mass energy release and it gets released in sequences. So none of that has any bearing at all really.
edit on 3-4-2014 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

this is from yahoo.com

edit on 3-4-2014 by duesprimusvictorimmortali because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Patriotsrevenge
The last time Chile rocked like this the Japan quake was right behind it.

I agree...there is quite a few threads with regard to what is happening in Chile so not sure if I have posted already on this one. I did share my concerns in one of the threads. Fukishima is still volatile and they may have gained some stability with clean up efforts but if an Earthquake/Tsunami was to strike that area... I shudder at the thought.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Here is some stuff on the Chili Quakes. Seems that the gap didn't close. More quakes in the offing.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I hope everything will be okay for them and thank god that it wasn't that big it would've been worst. I pray peace and stillness for them and hope no one will get hurt even the children or babies or animals.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join