It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic Breaking News: Canada, Vatican & Crown GUILTY of Genocide

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

That's the difference between myself and most of the other people in the thread -- I prefer the truth over fantasy, even when it's not something I'm proud to be a part of.

Truth!? You won't be getting any of that from governments or churches. Fantasy, they both got plenty of.

I supposed the gentlemanly, or gentlewomanly, thing to do would be to find a number somewhere in the middle and agree there, but that would be disrespectful to the dead and their families and morally wrong to put a pin in it and call it a day, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

As I have told you, I have seen well documented evidence from the Canadian government for their reported numbers.

I have seen none from you for your claimed numbers.

There is absolutely no reason to believe that you are the arbiter of truth.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Unlike you, I have never made that claim. I do reject the "official story" and the "official record" as should anyone with a shred of experience with these agencies of deceit.

edit on 16-4-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Mod Note:

Comments are beginning to get a smidge personal. Please keep it civil.

Please do not reply to this post.
edit on 16/4/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
"the Education of Little Tree will give you a clue how Tsalagi as well as many many other Nations ended up in boarding schools. the boarding schools were to make our ancestors like you adjensen.. Thank Goodness they failed.. I think it's hubris to expect a people who have experienced genocide to justify their experiences to a Fascist Jesuit who only cares about defending pedophiles in the church. The more that man defends the church the more he digs a hole. I don't give a rats **** what you think .I Know what my people went through

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: nobody2u
"the Education of Little Tree will give you a clue how Tsalagi as well as many many other Nations ended up in boarding schools. the boarding schools were to make our ancestors like you adjensen.. Thank Goodness they failed.. I think it's hubris to expect a people who have experienced genocide to justify their experiences to a Fascist Jesuit who only cares about defending pedophiles in the church. The more that man defends the church the more he digs a hole. I don't give a rats **** what you think .I Know what my people went through

I don't think anyone has denied that there were things done by the Church (and I do not believe that in Canada it was the Catholic Church but rather the Anglican) to the Native peoples that was/were horrendous. The OP isn't about that though, it's about a sensationalized title and press release put out by one Kevin Annett, who by himself, acts as judge jury and executioner for anything that doesn't meet his world view. A man who has claimed he single handedly dissolved the nation of Canada and replaced it with a new country Kaneta which he is in charge of provisionally. A man, who for all of his bravado, is a defrocked priest himself and was given many cease and desist orders from the very people he claims he represents.. That's what the OP is actually about, and whether you believe in what Annett's docudrama is spewing or not, it's always going to be tainted by the very fact that he, himself is a nutcase, running an illegal court and treading on very thin ice issuing arrest warrants for individuals, as well as making his stuff look a lot like the REAL ICC and therefore causing even more confusion..

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: vkey08

Kevin Annett, ...is a defrocked priest

I wouldn't trust any other kind...

Kathy Laarveld says the priest who abused her son selected him partly because she was a trusted archdiocese employee. She says it’s “how true predators work.” Victims of abuse say families trusted priests

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I wouldn't trust any other kind…

He was kicked out of the Protestant United Church of Canada, which is essentially the Methodist Church.

Per that, he was never a "priest", Methodists refer to their leaders as pastors, not priests.

Any headway on providing evidence that 50,000 children were murdered by the Canadian government, Murgatroid? You're starting to look pretty gullible.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Yet you accept government numbers? When said government at the time admitted they wanted the "indian question" wiped off the face of the earth? When said government sent an official to the US to study their methods of genocide, i mean assimilation?

That is like asking the nazis for their numbers, and taking it as gospel. Lots of people point out the same exact things about the jewish haulocaust, that most of the deaths were due to disease and not execution, yet they are denounced as heathens. Why is the attitude different when it comes to natives of north america? The murderous governments in north america are telling the truth of deaths, buts the nazis are just a bunch of liars.
edit on Sun, 20 Apr 2014 00:39:49 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: vkey08

I do not believe that in Canada it was the Catholic Church but rather the Anglican) to the Native peoples that was/were horrendous.

The Indian residential schools of of "residential" (boarding) schools for Native Canadians (First Nations or "Indians"; Métis; and Inuit, formerly "Eskimos") funded by the Canadian government's Indian Affairs and Northern Department, and administered by Christian churches, most notably the Catholic Church in Canada and the Anglican Church of Canada.

en.wikipedia.org...

For a century, from the 1880s until the mid-1980s, the government of Canada maintained a system of boarding schools for Native children that were operated by churches, including the Anglican and Presbyterian churches, the United Church of Canada, and the Roman Catholic Church. The schools’ ostensible purpose was to provide education for Native children. But that education served a larger purpose, one that can only be termed genocidal: to eliminate indigenous culture from Canada.
“The problem with the Indians is one of morality and religion,” said the Reverend A. E. Caldwell of his school in 1938. “They lack the basic fundamentals of civilized thought and spirit, which explains their childlike nature and behavior. At our school we strive to turn them into mature Christians who will learn how to behave in the world and surrender their barbaric way of life and their treaty rights, which keep them trapped on their land and in a primitive existence. Only then will the Indian problem in our country be solved.” - See more at: www.culturalsurvival.org...

Any headway on providing evidence that 50,000 children were murdered

The last federally operated residential school was closed in 1996. In total, about 150,000 First Nations children passed through the residential school system

Peter Henderson Bryce (August 17, 1853 – January 15, 1932) was an official of the Ontario Health Department, Canada. He released his famous book in 1922 titled The Story of a National Crime: Being a Record of the Health Conditions of the Indians of Canada from 1904 to 1921, which exposed genocide of the aboriginals in Canada.

Bryce was hired by Indian Affairs Department in Ottawa to report on the health conditions of the Canadian residential school system in western Canada and British Columbia . His report was officially buried by the government till 1922, when Bryce who was subsequently hounded out from his service released it as a book.

Bryce claimed that Indian children were being systematically and deliberately killed in the residential schools.[citation needed] He cited an average mortality rate of between 30% to 60%.
en.wikipedia.org...

By some estimates, 50,000 children died in those schools, out of 100,000 who attended. To make matters worse, there is evidence that in many schools the death rates had a helping hand. Dr. Peter Bryce, the chief medical officer for the Department of Indian Affairs, conducted a survey of the residential schools in 1909 and issued a report in which he said, “I believe the conditions are being deliberately created in our residential schools to spread infectious diseases. It is not unusual for children who are dying from consumption to be admitted to schools and housed alongside healthy children.” - See more at: www.culturalsurvival.org...

edit on 20-4-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Christopher Columbus. The Caribbean. Sugar Cane. Slavery. For the indigenous peoples already living there it was all down hill. Doesn't matter where you lived in the new World, you can't find place that the Europeans didn't show up and plunder. You can't argue with the historical record. As far as this issue of "Canadians" butchering the indigenous people there? No doubt in my mind. If I'm not mistaken, Canada was a part of something called the "British Empire" up until relatively recently, and before that, I think the Brits and the French fought over it. Not that it means anything to me, I'm pretty sure the Blackfoot peoples are still there. Good for them. My understanding of they're history indicates they were pretty war like. That's on my Mom's side. Can't recall off the top of my head which people my Dad's side are decended from. I would not place the blame on those people who think of themselves as "Canadian" . I'm pretty sure all the butchering was done by folks that showed up from Europe. My wife's Dad was a Cherokee. The Trail of Tears. Yeah. Europeans again. I say Europeans again for a good reason. It's a FACT! Here, don't feel bad Canadians, I can give you the names of some other countries the Europeans plundered. Kenya. India. Australia. Argentina. The list goes on. When one looks at a map that displays the North, Central, and South America land masses, you can start at a sleepy little hamlet called Los Angeles, head South, and eventually you arrive a place called Cabo de Hornos (Cape Horn). What I have just described to you is something called "Latin America" from time to time. It has a distinctive "Spanish" feel to it. Tell me I'm wrong. My wife was born in Scotland, Scots Wa Hae? Detailed anaylsis of the globe indicates there is a place called
"Nova Scotia" in Canada. Scotland is a really beautiful country, what did they need a a "new" one for? There is another place that at one time, was called "New Amsterdam", it has a world famous thoroughfare, called Wall Street. These days, we just call it New York. In the vast stretches of the Pacific, you can find places like, New Caledonia, this is again, a name associated with, Scotland. You can find places called "New Guinea", I believe the capitol is called "Papua" ? Funny. That doesn't sound very English? I could go on and on. What can I say? I wasn't there. I'm in my early fifties. I was born in New England! Apparently, the word "new" is big with the Euopean conquerers! But it's not just the new World that Euopeans ravaged. There were these people called "Romans", I believe they descended from the Etruscans? They made some SERIOUS turf grabs all over Europe, the Middle East, North Africa. My point? When the Europeans first started going to that place we now call "Canada", there was a "people" already living there. What happened to them, and were did they go? What happened to they 're great nations? Again, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Europeans. Up until 1967, my wife had to be careful, about were she was and who she was with when she spoke gaelic! Because it was "forbidden", against the law! Nineteen Hundred and Sixty Seven. Astonishing! I;m just curious. How many indigenous people were living in Canada before the Europeans showed up (Vikings don't count!
) and how many live there now? WOud people look at the numbers and say, is that right? History. Buy a decent map, and you can figure out the places the Europeans influenced with they're excursions. So the 60,000 number quoted in the OP? I wouldn't say that figure is too far off. I don't care how many schools burned down, how many died from drowning, disease, planets. That tens of thousands of indigenous children died from outright negelct or violence? I have no doubt. Do I blame Canada? Nope. Do I think that the "average" European should be held responsible for this? Certainly not. What has happened to the indigenous people all over the world as a result of the perfection of an accurate ships time piece is a travesty. A stain on the Human species. We can all be thankful for one thing at east. Genghis Khan did'nt come up with the ships clock first. And there is also this, back in the day, our "civilization" could be classified as Stupid Angry Monkeys. We've made some progress! I would put us at "Learning Challenged Angry Monkeys, in posession of Multiple Independent Re-Entry Vehicles! Such is life, the two trees.
edit on 4202014 by tencap77 because: Spelling / Content

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Any headway on providing evidence that 50,000 children were murdered by the Canadian government, Murgatroid?

I may be gullible, but at least I'm awake...

"You can't wake someone who is pretending to be asleep." ~ Native American Proverb

“You can’t wake a person who is pretending to be asleep” is an ancient Navajo proverb. The wisdom of this proverb has withstood the test of time and therefore it should not escape your attention today. Slow down, for just a minute, and consider it:

Meaning of “You can’t wake a person who is pretending to be asleep”

• People who are pretending to be asleep will resist being awakened because they have something to lose by ending the charade.

• People who pretend to be asleep can often lose track of what is real and what is pretend and thus cannot respond normally to situations.

• People will act as if nothing is happening when they don’t want to face the reality of the situation by pretending to be unaware or unsure despite being presented with the evidence.

You Can’t Wake A Person Who Is Pretending To Be Asleep

"Don’t shake, America. This is only what You have brought upon yourself.” ~ Chief Geronimo

Chief Geronimo, of the Apaches, appeared to Cynthia Judd in a dream and told her that America is about to reap what she has sown. LINK

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yes, congratulations on regurgitating what Annett has been saying, and which I pointed out he has been saying, and which I have shown to be nothing more than an fantasy number of his, not grounded in reality.

You cannot take one person's statistic for a limited time over a limited geographic area and apply it to the entire country of Canada for over a hundred years and think that to be evidence. If 150,000 children attended these schools from 1890 to 1996, that 30% death rate would have had to be continuous across the entire country and for the full 100 years, and we know that it was not.

So, no, you have no evidence of Annett's 50,000 - 100,000 children murdered by the Canadian government.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Lying in the name of Jesus is still lying. And interjecting straw man arguments like "You're asleep, so I'm better than you" are particularly disingenuous when there are facts to be reckoned, not silly conspiracy theories that are without merit.

No, you have no evidence to back up that number, so please stop claiming that it is valid.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just to show the corruption that has gone on inside the Catholic Church without any correction.
I must say, though, I like this newest Pope. I think he has many changes in store for the better of the church.
But that's a different topic, so...

www.rawstory.com...

On Monday, the Associated Press published excerpts from 212 Vatican documents exposed in the book The Will to Not Know. They mostly concern the Reverend Marcial Maciel, leader of the troubled Order of the Legion of Christ, who possessed “a certain moral lassitude” and lived a life that “wasn’t very pious and at the same time quite comfortable.”

According to the documents, the Vatican knew about Rev. Maciel’s weaknesses beginning in 1948, and was complicit in hiding his crimes from the general public. An October 20, 1976 letter from Rev. Juan Vaca described the “disgrace and moral torment” that began when Rev. Maciel abused him one night in 1949 and listed 20 other Legion of Christ seminarians that Rev. Maciel also sexually abused.

A December 24, 1978 affidavit from another priest, Felix Alarcon, backed Rev. Vaca’s story, and added that “the fact that the drug-related and homosexual activity of the founder could occur for such a long period of time without correction is only a signal of the deeper problem of the congregation itself. The congregation is a ‘cult’ of regimented and indoctrinated followers dependent slavishly on a central dependent-figure.”

edit on 4/21/2014 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Yes, congratulations on regurgitating what Annett has been saying, and which I pointed out he has been saying, and which I have shown to be nothing more than an fantasy number of his, not grounded in reality.

Oh, so now even independent sources, that Annett may have also used, are invalid too? Way to put your fingers in your ears and sing LA LA LA LA.

You cannot take one person's statistic for a limited time over a limited geographic area and apply it to the entire country of Canada for over a hundred years and think that to be evidence.

I believe we can, as the mandate to eradicate the "Indian" from the child by any means possible, including genocide, was the norm not only across Canada, but the USA, Mexico, Central America, South America, the Pacific Islands, India, etc., etc., etc.. We can bet that the same standard methods of death were employed in all the schools run by churches and funded by the government.

If 150,000 children attended these schools from 1890 to 1996, that 30% death rate would have had to be continuous across the entire country and for the full 100 years, and we know that it was not.

You're right, it wasn't a continuous flat 30% mortality rate percentage. As per the video that you yourself posted as evidence, some of the schools boasted of a 70% mortality rate! In reality 50,000 children murdered is probable way too low.

So, no, you have no evidence of Annett's 50,000 - 100,000 children murdered by the Canadian government.

Way to stealthily deflect any culpability from the Vatican and the Catholic Church, who were contracted and paid to carry out the diabolical plan of blatant genocide! Deliberate murder was committed by the hands of nuns and priests, hired by the government, because the church had been proven to be so good and professional at that kind of thing! The Catholic Church and the Vatican have blood on their hands, from a continuous river of blood running through the church from the Vatican, that will never wash off. They can't hide behind culpable deniability.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

What "independent sources"? The only source for the 50,000 number is Kevin Annett, and he just arbitrarily made it up.

You've still provided ZERO evidence to support your claim that 50,000 to 100,000 children were murdered by the Canadian government. Either produce something tangible, or stop lying about it.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

DUDE! Your own video said the death rate was "staggering" and that it's unknown where or how many cemeteries are scattered across Canada, how many unmarked graves or mass graves there are, or how many children died in those schools.

The very same video that you posted cites my independent source, Bryce, who states that the mortality rate was 30 - 60 percent, and verifies the continuing mortality rates up through to the 1970's, with some schools boasting a whopping 70 percent mortality rate! By those numbers alone we can determine that at least 50,000 children died under the care of nuns and priests, many of them purposefully murdered.

Either produce something tangible, or stop lying about it.

Did you even watch the video you posted? You are the liar. The facts are there for anyone willing to look. You need to stop distracting and diverting attention from the culpability of the Catholic Church and Vatican as to deliberate genocide of indigenous people all over the globe for the last hundreds of years! You know them by their fruits!

edit on 21-4-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Do you understand statistics? You clearly don't care about history or rules of evidence, and it seems like you have no clue how statistics works, either. I have repeatedly shown you where Annett's 50,000 number comes from, and it is absolutely, 100% invalid. A first year statistics student would tell you that.

The very same video that you posted cites my independent source, Bryce, who states that the mortality rate was 30 - 60 percent, and verifies the continuing mortality rates up through to the 1970's, with some schools boasting a whopping 70 percent mortality rate!

That is absolutely not true -- when you copied that "30 - 60 percent" off of Wikipedia, you missed this:

five years after entry, 30% to 60% of students had died, or 6–12% per annum

meaning that the death rate was not 30 - 60% per year. And the APTN documentary (which you refused to watch, so I'm not sure why you're citing it,) does not, in any form, say that 50,000 children were murdered and the death rates were 30-60% for over a hundred years.

If you go back through this thread, you will see that I am the one who brought Peter Bryce up, not you, because I've actually read his report and done the research into the facts. I didn't come to my conclusions by watching a Kevin Annett propaganda video and blindly accepting what he says.

No, the sustained death rate in Indian Residential Schools was not 70% -- Bryce's early 1900s report stated that there was such a rate in one school, rates in other schools across Alberta averaged 24%, and they died of disease, mostly tuberculosis and Spanish Flu, not by being murdered. Don't believe me? Read Bryce's book here. If you're not willing to read his book, you have no business citing it as evidence.

In addition, there is zero evidence for those rates being valid for anything other than the time of Bryce's tenure. There are no mass graves, there are no diaries of 50,000 parents wondering what happened to their kid, there are no confessions of witnessing mass murder from any of the thousands of people who worked in and around these schools, there is nothing. The Truth and Reconciliation Commission has documented the deaths of about 4,000 children, and that is a number that I accept as reasonable, because it is statistically viable, has documentation behind it, and is not a made up figure that is used to further an agenda.

So, as to your "independent sources that back up Kevin Annett", Bryce absolutely does not back him up -- the children died of disease, not being murdered, and they died in numbers comparable to what the Truth and Reconciliation Commission has determined, not in numbers dreamt up by Kevin Annett.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

meaning that the death rate was not 30 - 60% per year.

It's not that complicated. It's simple math. If 150,000 children entered the schools, and 30% of them died, that's roughly 50,000. But, we know that number is higher.

I don't know why you keep arguing numbers, as if that somehow releases the guilty.........

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join