It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we learn from our warnings?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Wow. Seriously? That is surprising. I would keep trying though...Im sure its not personally aimed at you. You are a member just like everyone else. And not getting a response from a mod? Well, thats pointless on their part in doing their jobs.

Go to Skeptic Overlord if all else fails. Explain this. Ask for guidance. If this site ever tips the scales toward favoritism...then it fails.

Speak your mind. Let them know you have questions, and have been ignored. Maybe not intentionally...but this is a problem in itself that need fixing.

We are supposed to all be on the same page(sorry...couldnt help that!)...and if we ARENT on the same page about things? Then we ought to throw out the book...

Good luck, keep trying to connect. I hope you get the answers you seek, and that in turn makes you feel like your voice is heard by not just me or us...but by the moderators.

That matters....
Best MS

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I greatly appreciate your kind words.

I've tried with that plea for a response enough.

And, I've had enough similar futile queries for a response, I'm just going to try and limit such queries even more than I usually do. It's not worth the angst to wonder yet again if there will be a response or yet more being totally ignored. That's just no fun for someone so lifelong given to wearing their heart on their sleeve as much as I have & tend to do.

There are a few mods who seem to understand and respect me above average. Typically even they, for some reason, tend to feel it wiser to ignore a relatively high percentage of such queries, if not 95% of them, or more. That was a bit of a shock at first but now that I know it's the drill, it's easier to expect it without quite as huge a disappointment. So, when the mod concerned yet again would ignore such a query, I've sometimes inquired of a mod who seemed to have some respect and/or affection for me.

And, there's an understandable fairly strict . . . don't meddle in another mod's turf sort of rule. So I'm sure a lot of the being ignored has something to do with that.

I haven't really wanted anyone to meddle . . . I've just wanted some INSIGHT about what I needed to do differently or better. LOL.

It's a big site. The mods are volunteers at a largely very thankless task full of opinions and feelings--many of the feelings and opinions negative on the part of those they have to moderate. I can certainly understand that they can get tired frequently and run out of gas or even mere patience.

And I have 60+ years of KNOWING that I'm FAR from "one size fits all."

Maybe other members are just easier to . . . don't know how to put it . . . handle . . . somehow . . . in spite of my earnest efforts to be supportive, kind, submissive etc.

I'll just have to continue to try and prayerfully guess what might have offended and become even more gracious and kind in the future after any further slapdowns. Thankfully, they have gotten LESS over the years. LOL.

It's still frustrating that my resident dictionary has been as askew for 60+ years from the average one as it is . . . but that's a lifelong hazard I've not been able to fix very well. It can take a lot of shared experience for me to understand all the common needful shared terms AS THE OTHER PERSON CONSTRUES THEM, sufficiently to feel SUFFICIENTLY on the same page. LOL. I'm closer to that with Springer. Yet I somehow was still blindsided even there on the Stanton Friedman prepping thread.

In a way, it's a fascinating phenomena for a psychologist. If my emotions were less connected to it all, it would help. LOL.

I do appreciate your meaty and thoughtful answer. IN summary . . . I've gone that route about all I'm up to going there. If admin wants me to know something, they are well gifted enough in communication to tell me. I'm about done with groveling and begging for feedback that never comes.

I do appreciate that S.O. and Springer both have, more than expected, been significantly more responsive than the average mod. That's extremely commendable on such a large site, imho.

Thanks much for your thoughtful reply.

edit on 3/4/2014 by BO XIAN because: left stuff out forgetfully

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

I've had Mods slap my wrists a few times (BAD DAWG!). Sometimes I have agreed with their actions and the few times that I have disagreed, the Mod was polite enough to explain why. There have been a few times that I have continued to disagree, but I kept it to my self. This place moves to fast to get fixated.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Working out actions taken be staff is best done one on one through private messages. To make a public thread every time someone wants to question the staffer who made the action would only create dozens of mini-dramas no-one needs to read.

Yeah that would be horrible, I'm all for it being private. That being said, isn't it more of a pain to have to respond to a U2U anyway then just copy paste the post and shoot off a U2U when you hit the naughty button under the post? It seems like that would add a total of maybe 10 seconds and keep a lot of forgetful people from whining. I would think you would have to go find the offending post, and wind up hitting more buttons/taking more time otherwise. I have no idea what mod ATS looks like, but I assume you have some extra buttons that do fancy things.

I'm all for lessening the load on the mods, just curious.

The few times I've had a question about action taken against a post (I usually am aware when I'm on the line or over it) I've always gotten a response in short order (especially considering the mods presumably have lives and do this for free/carrots/cookies). God show there.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

BO XIAN
And, there's an understandable fairly strict . . . don't meddle in another mod's turf sort of rule.

There are no "mod turfs". ATS staff is a team, and operates as a team. When there are post-bans, bannings, post removals, etc., there's always a discussion and consensus from staff before an action is taken. There are no "lone wolfs".

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

The different dictionary strikes again.

I understood that.

I didn't mean to indicate I thought otherwise.

Perhaps I could have said . . . [AS i understand it] not even one of the 3 amigo's will speak for another mod. Only that mod speaks for him/herself.

In that sense, [AS I'VE BEEN TOLD] no mod will speak about another mod's action or turf.

Sigh.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Asked and answered.

closed

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join