It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Farce

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

reply to post by PsychoEmperor

I haven't watched this movie yet, but I think I'm going to now. If it's as you described then the complete lack of reference or portrayal of God is most likely the point.

"If you've done your job right, nobody will know you've done anything at all."

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Well here's a cruncher.....if God wanted to cleanse the earth, why bother with Noah? Why not just drown everything and everyone and start again? Only took seven days the first time.

Guess he was embarressed and needed to keep someone alive to blame and do the hard work rather than admit he screwed up with his first creation.

Oh well, all fiction anyway but surprised they didn't include aliens in the plot.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Yes I understand that but the book of Enoch despite its non canon status presents a flood narrative that is, I believe, nearly identical to Genesis. Differing in that, in Enoch, God's motivation for sending the flood is more concerned with the destruction of the Nephilim and suggests that Noah is saved because of his pure lineage. God is still expressly saving the family of Noah.

Also Samyaza and his ilk are fallen grigori in Enoch. They fell not because they took our side after the expulsion from Eden but because they lusted after the daughters of men and commenced into unnatural union with them. . The movie equates the grigori with the Nephilim, those that were born to the human wives of the fallen grigori.

Also in Enoch the watchers are bound in the valleys of the Earth until Judgement day. That's quite a stretch to ascension to Heaven after dying in battle defending the ark. In the movie before they first show what they call the watchers they quote Genesis and proceed to show things that don't match Genesis. It's dishonest film making.

It's based no more on the Book of Enoch then it is on the Bible.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Sorry everybody about the lack of a clear spoiler warning.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CretumOrbis

Well no it's not really like that it's clear that God (in the movie referred to as Creator) is doing these things and charachters good and bad refer to him.

That's my favorite episode of Futurama if that's what your quoting. "Earth? Which way is that?"

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Ya, great episode. Had my hopes up for a second, I don't really pay attention to new releases... Still sounds more interesting than what I've come to expect from Hollywood though, I guess.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Putting religion and Hollywood together is like an oxy moron. There is a huge antichristian agenda playing out in many themes in recent releases. Don't be fooled, keep your eyes open and report your findings.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hollywood takes undisputed historical events and facts then twists, bends and fabricates them in order to deliver its package to a primarily American audience.
Argo and U-571 are two examples that spring immediately to mind.

Is it any wonder that one of Hollywood's more innovative and challenging directors would take a story that is based on myth and legend and lacking in any known historical fact and give his own unique take on things?

Remember, its only a movie.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yeah I heard of review of this movie that completly turned me off from even wanting to watch this movie. that they had these "lord of the rings" type of creatures int he movie. and barely any mention of God. I get artistic liberties but I dont understand how you take a bibilicol chracther and yon dont mention God that much

top topics

<< 1   >>

join