It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Poll More Americans Support Obamacare Than Oppose it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Here it is folks this is the time we were waiting for. I am sure that those who oppose it will yell conspiracy but polls dont lie and they are very scientific.

Overall, 49 percent support and 48 percent oppose the health-care law in the new poll, hardly changed from January (46-49 support-oppose) but clearly better than November, when 40 percent expressed support and 57 percent were opposed. The growth in support has been concentrated among those who "somewhat" support the law, with strong opponents still outnumbering strong supporters by a 36 to 25 percent margin. Democratic support has surged to a record-tying 76 percent, jumping 11 percentage points since January to the highest level since March 2010, immediately after the law was passed. Currently at 78 percent , Republican opposition has outpaced Democratic support by double digits in nearly every poll over the past two years, but in the latest survey they are within three percentage points.

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on Tue Apr 1 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs,a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,

(post by alienreality removed for a manners violation)
(post by Kangaruex4Ewe removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

(post by Brotherman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Come to my town and say that...

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Awe an Obama groupie, how cute! I didn't think there were anymore of you out there......

Maybe in the poll you quoted but in every other poll ....... not so much.

Poll Numbers
edit on 1-4-2014 by WhoDat09 because: I didn't add the link

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Here are five things that public opinion polling tells us about the law.

Obamacare remains unpopular: Just about every national poll indicates that more Americans disapprove of the law than support the measure. According to the most recent survey, conducted just over a week ago by CBS News, 53% of Americans gave the law a thumbs down, compared to 41% saying they approve of the Affordable Care Act.

Other polls conducted earlier this month had similar results. By a 53% to 43% margin, voters in a George Washington University/Battleground survey oppose the law. By a 46% to 38% margin, Americans questioned in a Kaiser Family Foundation poll said they had an unfavorable view of Obamacare. Fifty-three percent of adults nationwide surveyed in a Pew Research Center poll said they disapproved of the law, with 41% saying they supported it.

And according to a CNN/ORC International survey, 57% of adults nationwide oppose the measure, compared to 39% supporting it.

This lack of support for the law is nothing new. While the numbers have rebounded a bit since last fall's disastrous roll out of healthcare.gov, overall the measure has been unpopular with many Americans dating back to the first debates over the legislation in 2009.

Monday afternoon, a new ABC News/Washington Post poll indicated that 49% of Americans supported the law, with 48% opposed. The uptick in support for the measure since January came from a double digit increase in backing from Democrats.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

edit on 31-3-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

All we can do is post reliable sources with information to show that the OP may have wrong information, after all we need to give him a chance to redeem her or himself.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Skymon612
Here it is folks this is the time we were waiting for. I am sure that those who oppose it will yell conspiracy but polls dont lie and they are very scientific.

Overall, 49 percent support and 48 percent oppose the health-care law in the new poll, hardly changed from January (46-49 support-oppose) but clearly better than November, when 40 percent expressed support and 57 percent were opposed. The growth in support has been concentrated among those who "somewhat" support the law, with strong opponents still outnumbering strong supporters by a 36 to 25 percent margin. Democratic support has surged to a record-tying 76 percent, jumping 11 percentage points since January to the highest level since March 2010, immediately after the law was passed. Currently at 78 percent , Republican opposition has outpaced Democratic support by double digits in nearly every poll over the past two years, but in the latest survey they are within three percentage points.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I'll see your Link, above and,

AP poll shows ObamaCare support hits new low … of 26%

AP poll
And Raise You Four (4) links to Oppose!

CBS/NYT Poll: More Americans Than Ever Support Obamacare Repeal

CBS/NYT

As deadline arrives, Americans still disapprove of Obamacare

dissaproval of obamacare

New Poll: Only One-Third Of Americans Support Repealing, Defunding Or Delaying Obamacare

New Poll, Forbes

Support for the national health care law’s requirement that every American obtain health insurance is down slightly from recent months, as is support for a single-payer health care system.

Healthcare law
OK, So I call ya, What you going to do?
See Me or Fold,,, I Bet You'll FOLD!

edit on 31-3-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
...and enough of the personal attacks.

This thread is starting to resemble Swiss cheese. Not a good thing.

On that note, it would be nice if some of our more veteran members would cut a relatively new member a little slack and perhaps show him or her the proverbial ATS ropes. It shouldn't matter what side of the political spectrum they happen to venture.

That said, stick to the topic at hand or risk having your posting privileges suspended. Consider this fair warning.

link   
Here's the real scoop.

A compilation of many polls.

51.6% Against
39.4% in Favor

Public Approval of Health Care Law

Dirty Harry says "Think Again" !!

link   
reply to post by guohua

Thanks for posting more information, the more the better, I think ACA is about to get an all time low when insurance starts to try and collect the unpaid premiums.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join