It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Poll More Americans Support Obamacare Than Oppose it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
FYI: polls are used as propaganda.

They are just another part of the agenda.

Pollaganda uses outcome-based opinion samples (polling instruments designed to generate a preferential outcome) reflecting prior-opinion indoctrination or cultivation by the media. The results are then used to manipulate public opinion further by advancing the perception that a particular opinion on an issue enjoys majority support. The MSM then presents this "data" as if it were "news." patriotpost.us...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
LOL - the thread looks interesting.. Even more so since the discussion starts near the end of the first page lol.

A 50 / 50 split does not mean people support it nor does it mean people don't support it.

it means half the people have no clue and the other half have no clue.

Obamacare is broke and needs to be thrown out or fixed piece by piece. Simply issuing illegal executive orders that changes the law is not helping.

If you know its broken then why not try fixing it? I don't see either party attempting that discussion.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm beginning to see the game here. It took a slap on the wrist... but I see it now.

Well played skymom. The poll numbers you quote are about as accurate as the poll numbers they have previously reported on and then had to withdraw... more than once.

We tend to like the polls that go in our favor don't we? In this thread there have been facts posted about Obamacare and those numbers. I guess it all comes down to which numbers you choose to believe. You can believe those that are reported by the same lying folks in the administration, or you can believe the ones reported that did NOT come from the lying administration.

I know which ones will probably be more accurate.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Why don't they do a poll on the negative FB comments on every single ACA post by the media?

You want good entertainment?

Read the FB comments on an ACA article.

edit on 1-4-2014 by liejunkie01 because: spelling and grammar

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

It goes along with the numbers game the administration is playing about enrollment. What they are not telling people is how many of those people who enrolled -

* - Were accepted
* - Paid the premium to activate the coverage
* - who applied and were not accepted

The administration refuses to give those numbers out. When they claim 6 million people applied, you will notice that's where they leave it. They stay as far away from specifics in that number for obvious reasons.

Just like the few investigations the DOJ has right now in several areas wont be ready for release until "after the midterm" elections.

reply to post by Murgatroid

Of course they are and for good reason...

Take the hypothetical on gun control.

In a national survey 60% of respondents favored outlawing firearms and repealing the 2nd amendment. The problem is that number is reported as 60% and not 60% of respondents.

If 10 people were asked, it means 6 out of 10 were in favor. Change one mind and its a dead heat. change 2 minds and its a landslide in the other direction.

Couple that type of reporting with push polls and you have a nefarious method of swinging public opinion on any tiven topic so long as they don't ask for the details.

just like the ACA numbers.
edit on 1-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I agree. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that they were counting "hits" for the website and not even those who completed an application. Just adding in the numbers of how many folks visited, couldn't afford it, or just plain didn't want it would make that number much more believable to me.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Skymon612

You haven't been back, but I wanted to ask you, Do Doctor's in American Like or Dislike Obamacare, What do Doctors think?
Let's take a look before you go to your Obama Cheat Sheet.
If you or anyone else gets a chance, you might look at this:

Survey: Physician Opinions of the American Medical Association

Link
The above link ties directly into the next article from Forbes.

We all remember the highly publicized Rose Garden ceremony of smiling doctors in their white coats standing alongside a glowing President Obama (“you look very spiffy in your coats,” he approvingly noted) in his attempt to validate his Affordability Care Act to the public before its details were even exposed to public scrutiny.

And we also recall when the AMA endorsed ObamaCare at its inception, an endorsement that led many Americans to believe America’s doctors supported the dramatic changes to the U.S. health care system.

The problem is that, unbeknownst to the public and the press, the AMA represents only about one fourth of the nation’s doctors.

Meanwhile, contrary to those doctors selected to legitimize ObamaCare in the staged media event (where the White House actually handed out white lab coats to generate the image of official credibility), an overwhelming 70 percent of doctors said, even back in 2011, that they disagreed with the AMA’s position on health reform, while only 13 percent agreed with it. In fact, almost half of doctors in that survey even went so far as to say that the AMA stance on ObamaCare was the factor causing them to drop AMA membership.

Moving the clock forward to this year, thousands of the nation’s doctors from all across the country engaged in the full spectrum of clinical practice have had the chance to digest the content of ObamaCare and to see the early impact of the law. Without the filtering by the president’s staff, and after far more exposure of the details in the ACA, the nation’s doctors have twice expressed their views about ObamaCare.

This past February, 60 percent of more than 5,000 doctors surveyed said the Obama health law would have a negative impact on patient care, while only 22 percent thought it would be positive. And more than half thought it would have a negative impact on their relationships with patients, while only 11 percent thought the doctor-patient relationship would be better. A startling 43 percent said the health care reform itself would likely lead them to retire over the next 5 years, and only 37 percent said that was an unlikely consequence of this law. It is worth repeating that sentiment to understand the impact of ObamaCare – it is viewed as being so destructive that almost half of doctors said they would “likely” soon retire directly because of the law itself.

What do actual Doctors
But remember that Hope and Change Obama Promised You,,,,

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Skymon612

Here it is folks this is the time we were waiting for. I am sure that those who oppose it will yell conspiracy but polls dont lie and they are very scientific.

Polls are easily manipulated and the results skewed. Far from scientific. Anyone fond of the hard sciences find it about as calculated as astrology.

In any case, I just realized the only thing I hate more than conservative bias and talking points, is liberal bias and talking points. Showing that Obamacare is effective, or well received by the public, would be as simple as posting all the sign up data. Argument over. You can add in how much it is saving/costing people as well. Since those numbers you would expect to be easily calculated out of such a database.

(Helps if you don't blow hundreds of millions on bad development of said database of course...)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

We also have doctors who opted to drop insurance all together, using a pay as you go plan which seemed to lower a lot of the everyday medical issues that pop up. Some of those doctors have seen an increase in business, a decrease in overhead, while maintaining a profit margin (yes we must acknowledge in US society that profit is a motive for almost all that is done).

Right now Obamacare is like a giant T-Rex pill. They are trying to force it down the throats of everyone without thinking that if they broke it up some, mashed parts of it down, that it might work in the long run in terms of being effective and something the people can swallow without choking and being killed by it.

So long as there are no changes to EMTALA emergency care will always be there, with or without insurance.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Its obvious you're all going to post polls that backup your personal opinion, which is why it has become near impossible to get any common sense out of this site and its ''veteran'' posters.

MY Aunties husband is a Texas native. grew up with guns, farms, ford pickups you name it and has just retired in beautiful KeriKeri.

I had a long discussion with him about Obama care. From his point of view it was a good idea and had a lot of merit.

Now, if some of you actually stopped with the blind spewing of anti-Obama crap, this site might actually have a decent debate about Obama care. But you're all frothing at the mouth for your next snap at Obama moment.

Why don't you educate people on why Obama care is a good idea, suggest alternatives and be productive?

.. here's a poll I'd like to see

'' what % of Americans actually know what Obama care involves ''

[SNIP]
edit on 1/4/2014 by Gemwolf because: Mod Note: No need for insults

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Agit8dChop

I'm guessing it would be around the same as your IQ. less than 50!

The flaw in your argument is the manner in which it became law. When Speaker Pelosi announced the bill was done, but we had to vote on it before we are allowed to read what's in it left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth's.

Just because universal healthcare worked in Mitt's home state does not mean it will work in other states. Contrary to popular belief each state is responsible for establishing their criteria for the medical sector. Even HIPAA, while being a federal law, is defined by state laws.

When you have politicians constantly stating a person cannot lose coverage based on pre existing conditions, that you can keep your doctor, etc etc etc.

The law cuts back coverage in the cancer area while at the same time making access to birth control easier and essentially free - There is no co-pay.

It does not help when the administration lies about it, even after being called out on sections they are absolutely wrong on. The other side of the fence wants it dropped completely (Obamacare).

Congress created this mess by passing legislation that have insurance companies monopolies in each state and then compounded that disaster by failing to exercise oversight in the sector.

Finally, and I don't know if non US nationals adequately understand this part, but if you don't get insurance, you have to pay a fine. The federal government is forcing the citizens to purchase insurance or pay a fine, which goes towards - Obamacare. Our constitution does not allow the government to punish an individual for failing to purchase an item.

The delays in implementing the tax /payments is the only thing holding Obamacare together right now. The tax portion was upheld by the US Supreme Court. There is a previous scotus ruling that prevents a person from filing a lawsuit against government action (with regards to taxes) if they have not paid the tax (creates standing). The moment that portion goes into effect its going to be challenged and I don't see it passing legal or constitutional muster (all tax bills in the US must originate in the house. the version of Obamacare we have originated in the Senate).

So this is going to be a mess for some time to come.

As a side note if you are familiar with the US system my apologies. I am not trying to be condescending or anything like that. there just seems to be misconceptions about how this is going to work from those outside the US.

This administration has created the crying wolf issue. They have stated so many times the issues / options people have, can keep etc followed up with the words trust us.

They are pretty much out of credibility.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

That is an Excellent reply to that poster.
Now for Agit8dChop.
I would like to add, Instead of coming here and insulting other posters, me included with that intelligence remark and then not bring anything to the table.
Explain why you think Obamacare is so GREAT!
Has your taxes been reduced, has your health insurance with out subsidies been cheaper, do you still have the same Doctor?
How much money do you make a year, are you even employed or are you on your parents healthcare?

I have to assume you signed up as soon as possible and you're paying you premiums.

So, What's so Great about Obamacare? How has it improved your life? You have dental now, you get new glasses?
What have you gotten with Obamacare that made it worth the Federal Government to include the I R S having the Right to Tell any American Citizen What They Have To Buy?
( I'm not complaining for myself, my husband is a Retired F L E O and our insurance in not mandated by Obamacare, but we have not sat here and not sent e-mails and campaigned and been to Washington and called and Harassed our Elected Officials for the ones who can't. ) This Administration reminds me of my teen years under Mao's Thugs!

When the Healthcare Professionals ( Doctors not obama ) have a problem with obamacare, I take notice.

Just would like to know, you seem to think us or me the lower intelligent posters of ATS are keeping you from posting your opinions.
edit on 1-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Agit8dChop
Its obvious you're all going to post polls that backup your personal opinion, which is why it has become near impossible to get any common sense out of this site and its ''veteran'' posters.

MY Aunties husband is a Texas native. grew up with guns, farms, ford pickups you name it and has just retired in beautiful KeriKeri.

I had a long discussion with him about Obama care. From his point of view it was a good idea and had a lot of merit.

Now, if some of you actually stopped with the blind spewing of anti-Obama crap, this site might actually have a decent debate about Obama care. But you're all frothing at the mouth for your next snap at Obama moment.

Why don't you educate people on why Obama care is a good idea, suggest alternatives and be productive?

.. here's a poll I'd like to see

[SNIP]
edit on 1/4/2014 by Gemwolf because: Mod Note: No need for insults

I must admit....I was not a big fan of Obamacare until I read that your aunts husbands brothers friends ex-roomate thought is was a good idea.....then....I thought....maybe it's a good idea.

thanks for that

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Im still looking for some answers before i can decide how good or bad romneycare is, have people started paying for obamacare, is it behing used at the moment, who is the most affected by it, how many people are paying more or less.

But i cant find those answers because the net is filled with left and right propaganda, rabid poster foaming at the mouth with no real facts.

I guess i might never get those answers.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

well if your so able to be convinced of a major life decision like that, perhaps you should put down the keyboard before you hurt yourself. I never said go get it because someone I spoke to said it was a good thing, your just being childish now.

with the exception of Xcathdra i gotta say its just typical ats anti-obama crowd rehashing the same 5 word slogans.

Me personally? I don't know a single thing about Obama Care, which is why I ASKED people to actually debate like mature adults instead of just sling anti Obama slogans around.

I see the merit in making every single US citizen pay a share of their income to support health care. Its how it happens here and it works!

What are the specifics you are unhappy about? what would you prefer?
are you against universal healthcare?
are you against everyone paying a %?
are you against it being an online application?
are the richer paying to little while the poor pay to much?

saying crap like '' they lied, doctors don't like it, therefore it must be horrible '' is a cop out. it means you haven't ACTUALLY read it the fine details.

You can all criticize me as much as you like for being -non American thus saying my point doesn't matter.
But while your here acting like children and yelling over who hates obama more, maybe you should read and study the details and see how you can make it work for you and your family!

edit on 1-4-2014 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Xcathdra
The flaw in your argument is the manner in which it became law. When Speaker Pelosi announced the bill was done, but we had to vote on it before we are allowed to read what's in it left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth's.

I appreciate you actually writing a mature response, it helps mature debates!

So, your main hangup is the method in which it was adopted?
I always thought that bills were rarely ever read or studying before being voted. Sounds like this one was voted on like all the others in the past.

Would you personally have read it?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Saying that "more Americans support Obamacare than oppose it" still does't make it acceptable. It's not.

If I remember correctly, about 10 years ago, "more Americans supported invasion of Iraq," and we saw how well that went.

Many Americans are ignorant and greedy, and if they (mistakenly) think that they can get some sort of freebie, they'll happily screw their neighbors and future generations to get it. The problem is, the Obamacare system as currently implemented absolutely stinks. Maybe those of us who oppose Obamacare are deluded, so I challenge you to prove to me that Obamacare is the right choice for me and my spouse.

1. Go to the "official" website for a quote... www.healthcare.gov...

2. Enter the following information to get a quote: a) I'm looking for coverage for myself or my family; b) Health; c) Florida; d) Orange County; e) Person #1 age 46/Person #2 age 51; f) Employer coverage is NOT available to anyone in the household; g) Projected household income for 2014: $14,900 h) nobody is pregnant

3. View marketplace plans.

After the query completes, you'll see that the insurance premiums start at $586 /mo with a $12,600 family deductible per year. $6,300 per individual) That means:

We would pay $7,032 a year for Obamacare "coverage." (approximately 47% of our household income) That would leave us with $7,868 PER YEAR to live, or $655 per month. Provided we could even live on $655 per month, if we needed to see a doctor, guess how much would ever be covered... NOTHING, because we wouldn't even come close to being able to meet the annual deductible.

Scenario "B," say only I were to go to the doctor. We pay $7,032 in premiums, $6,300 in deductibles, well, provided we can live on $1,568 per YEAR, ($130 per month) we may actually be able to benefit except that we'd then be too damn poor to even make the co-payments.

Tell me again how wonderful Obamacare is.

As someone who suffers from Parkinson's disease, diabetes, coronary artery disease and a plethora of other medical ailments I would LOVE to have insurance, but I just don't have that kind of money to spend. It's damn near impossible to find work, and social security disability has denied my claims saying that I can always put aside my former very well paying job and work for minimum wage elsewhere. My spouse was laid off, and despite hundreds of resumes, still hasn't found an employer willing to hire her. We're two steps from homelessness and all the Obama administration and the DNC can think about is trying to force us to purchase insurance that we can't afford and will never be able to utilize because of the ridiculous deductibles.

Number of supporters is a horrible way to gauge viability and/or worth.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

1. Go to the "official" website for a quote... www.healthcare.gov...
2. Enter the following information to get a quote

I was curious so I tried.. but i cant see anywhere on the site that will give a quote like your suggesting?

can you point me in the right direction?
edit on 1-4-2014 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join