It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Poll More Americans Support Obamacare Than Oppose it

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchingFromtheShadows

so I went through and did the quote (turns out you cannot choose California)

$65000 per annum income
living by myself
single

I pay Monthly premium $214/mo

considering 65k per annum gives me $3500-4000k in the pocket... paying $214 of that for healthcare doesnt seem all that bad.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Agit8dChop
I appreciate you actually writing a mature response, it helps mature debates!

Yeah im having an off day so sorry for being mature in my response
j/k

Agit8dChop
So, your main hangup is the method in which it was adopted?

Yes and no. I have issues with how it was put together, I have issues with the time allotted for people to read it before voting on it, and I have issues with the manner it was passed. They all snowball into my issues with it.

Agit8dChop
I always thought that bills were rarely ever read or studying before being voted. Sounds like this one was voted on like all the others in the past.

To an extent you are correct. However, when its a massive piece of legislation due diligence should have been allowed and it was not. The hearings / meetings were held behind closed doors and most importantly they never allowed the citizens to review it.

If you go to Congress's website (senate / House of reps) you will see you can search for legislation. Clicking on the legislation will show you the overview -
* - Who sponsored / co sponsored the bill
* - links to the text-legislation being considered
* - Where the bill is at in the process (introduction / debate / committees / compromise committees from both houses / other hearings / whether or not if its still active or was shelved / removed). It also shows proposed changes if the same bill is active in both houses (both branches can introduce the same legislation, even if they are 10 miles apart on the issue).

Debate on the topic was also restricted.

When the federal government is putting together legislation that will affect pretty much everyone person in the US / territories / commonwealths I expect ample time for the public / elected officials to review it and offer feedback. Instead we got blocked out, were given no time to review it properly and told to vote in order to see it.

When they want to pass a law yet not want anyone to know what's in it a red flag goes up.

Agit8dChop
Would you personally have read it?

Yes because I was affected by the pre-existing medical condition denial. Which actually was another example of the problems Obamacare caused. While its claimed you cant be denied, what they don't tell you is it can be denied.

If a person is employed and has insurance and undergoes medical treatment its covered. If that person leave the business for a new job, they only have 60-90 days to find new employment. If they find employment that has insurance, the insurance company cannot deny coverage.

If they don't find employment within that time frame their new place of employment (specifically the insurance company the business uses) can deny coverage for the medical condition.

Is universal health care a good idea? Absolutely.
Is the universal healthcare plan in Mitts's (his law) state working? Yes.
Could the affordable care act succeed? As of now, in its current condition, no.

Problems have been identified -
The Republicans hate it and want it gone because they think there is something better.
The Democrats want it yet don't seem to have any interest in fixing it.

In the meantime Grandma was walking thru the forest, trips over a stick and is never heard from again.

Republicans seem to hate it based on arrogance.
Democrats refuse to fix it out of pride.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
If I had to introduce healthcare for a nation I'd have a few corner stones

1. If your a smoker, you pay $500month minimum. You know the health costs of smoking, yet you continue to do it. Therefore, you pay!

2. If your a single mother, you pay $50pm.

3. If your a family (1 or 2 kids) and have 2 incomes totaling 80kpa or more then you pay $350pm minimum for your family

4. If you are a veteran or are in the military you pay $0.

5. If you are a policeman, firefighter, teacher, nurse then you pay $100pm

6. If you are single with income more than $35k you pay $200pm

7. If you are a millionaire you pay $500pm

8. If you are single and on an income of more than $150kpa you pay $350pm

9. If you are a family and have income of more than $150kpa you pay $250 per person, per month

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Agit8dChop

1. Go to the "official" website for a quote... www.healthcare.gov...
2. Enter the following information to get a quote

I was curious so I tried.. but i cant see anywhere on the site that will give a quote like your suggesting?

can you point me in the right direction?
edit on 1-4-2014 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

Sorry for the confusion. You should click on "see plans before I apply." Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

WatchingFromtheShadows

Agit8dChop

1. Go to the "official" website for a quote... www.healthcare.gov...
2. Enter the following information to get a quote

I was curious so I tried.. but i cant see anywhere on the site that will give a quote like your suggesting?

can you point me in the right direction?
edit on 1-4-2014 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

Sorry for the confusion. You should click on "see plans before I apply." Hope that helps.

Keep in mind the website had been showing incorrect prices. Im not sure if that has been fixed.

Another issue that cropped up dealt with a woman who switched to the exchange. When she found out it was not working, she could not cancel it. Im not sure how that one completely played out.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Skymon612
Here it is folks this is the time we were waiting for. I am sure that those who oppose it will yell conspiracy but polls dont lie and they are very scientific.

I wouldn't trust a poll unless my mother was in charge of it. That should tell you all you need to know about me. I don't trust anyone and everybody lies. People just pick the things they're going to lie about.

People who conduct polls must have a motive. I don't believe in the fundamental goodness of human beings so when people do things, I ask myself what benefit those people are getting out of what they're doing. When people conduct political polls, I think the motive is easy enough to guess.

*Edit - And I'm still not buying insurance. I never cared whether or not you could get 50 million people to bend over. I don't need a talking head to tell me what to think about a law that orders me to buy health insurance. I didn't ask these people what I should think of it the first time I heard about it because I'm one of those crazy people who has a mind of my own.
edit on 1-4-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Half the first page is deleted because of calling a troll a troll, instead of censoring members on this topic perhaps they should sensor the source. Shameful day, where's the op? Last time I checked in my community bitching about this new tax burden is actually more alive then the normal talk of baseball which is hugely popular in my area of PA. IDK where the OP validates this from. I believe it to be sincerely UNTRUE and the OP posted for manipulative reasoning.

(instead of censorship allow the OP to take head on a defense, half the first page of this thread would agree)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

W-o-W

Have you submitted that to Congress?

I think they might actually go for it !!!!

Well maybe not without many "amendments".

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Brotherman
Half the first page is deleted because of calling a troll a troll, instead of censoring members on this topic perhaps they should sensor the source. Shameful day, where's the op? Last time I checked in my community bitching about this new tax burden is actually more alive then the normal talk of baseball which is hugely popular in my area of PA. IDK where the OP validates this from. I believe it to be sincerely UNTRUE and the OP posted for manipulative reasoning.

(instead of censorship allow the OP to take head on a defense, half the first page of this thread would agree)

I agree with you. The censorship of members repeatedly asking the OP to provide some feedback left me feeling like this...

Are we not allowed to in a debate format, request the post and dash OP to come back and clarify their *opinion* posted?

Are we not allowed to have opinions about the lack of the OP's participation in a thread of this volatile nature, to not just slap us in the face then run away? Run away to start more threads of the same.

Obamacare is hurting a lot of people, including me. It's a very emotional subject for so many people. To slap and run doesn't cut it with me.

I don't expect this post to survive for more than a few minutes. I'm sure the OP is well versed in alerting any views they are not happy about.

JMOHO...I repeat...JMOHO...

Des

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

The mod did ask after censoring a good 3/4 of the first posters responses to give the op a chance. I am on topic with my last post and again on this one I am calling a spade a spade based on my observations in a direct manner with my commuinity that I have yet to find anyone in my bars my libraries neighborhood or work grocery store that approves of ACA I understand maybe my little town is just a demographic however if they don't want it here and if people are not so different and more alike why would they want it as a majority else where? The op should defend his/ her self and this and most of what I have read from this person is manipulation bent, thiS is tHat "thIng" that peopLe on ats taLk about!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skymon612

Wow! Talk about pushing people's buttons! Troll level...Epic Professional!

But there are lies, damned lies, polls and statistics. I don't buy it. I have yet to meet any one who is happy with the ACA.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by guohua

Right now Obamacare is like a giant T-Rex pill.

My pills are not fit for human consumption, thank you very much, and should not be ingested. LOL

Much like the ACA.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
People are afraid. They are afraid of Obamacare.

they are afraid of the Obama administration and the punishments if you don't sign up for Obamacare.

They'll probably say they like anything, for fear of speaking out against the regime.

I don't know the accuracy of the poll used to generate these numbers.

But like all "numbers" coming from this disgusting administration, I don't believe them, I don't trust them, and I would look with suspicion to anyone who touts these numbers.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

beezzer
People are afraid. They are afraid of Obamacare.

they are afraid of the Obama administration and the punishments if you don't sign up for Obamacare.

They'll probably say they like anything, for fear of speaking out against the regime.

I don't know the accuracy of the poll used to generate these numbers.

But like all "numbers" coming from this disgusting administration, I don't believe them, I don't trust them, and I would look with suspicion to anyone who touts these numbers.

I think this video pretty much sums it up...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
LOL@the first page of responses in this thread.

Oh and polls are as scientific and reliable these days as Amazon product reviews (coming from a guy who gets paid to write fake reviews on the side).

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
LOL at polls don't lie. That's all I have to say about this thread.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It is known locally as the 'Washington ComPost' for a very good reason.
Support the 'progressive' destruction of America.
Tell all your friends to contact their Senators and Representatives to call for a 2016 version of the House Committee on Un-American Activities (HUAC). In 1938 the American government was full of communists and Un-American activists...much like now. We need to search them out and make them pay for what they have done to the US.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
"The polls don't lie"..................................what planet have you been living on ?

If you truly believe that polls don't lie, than can you explain 'opinion polls', which are a form of poll, yet are taken as an average across the voting population based on the opinion of a few. What if those opinion polls don't reflect what the lobbying groups want ? What do the "polls" mean if they can't compete with the lobbying money ?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Skymon612

Saying that polls are 100 percent legit is simply foolish at best. I would say the same thing if it said more people opposed it. Fact is, you can make a poll say anything you want it to but that does not make it a reality. Need proof? How many polls did Ron Paul dominate? If polls were accurate he would be the President.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
"New Poll More Americans Support Obamacare Than Oppose it"

Well I don't recall being asked, so I have no idea how accurate this poll is.

But here's my voice, I OPPOSE IT!

~Cheers~

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join