It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayhem erupts in Albuquerque ,,,Police Website goes down

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I don't understand how a dog becomes a sworn officer either. Seems like a bunch of nonsense. Just a way to rack up charges on people. I'm an animal lover, and I don't think you should be given huge sentences because of a dog.

I was in jail once with a guy who was in his early 50s. He was arrested because, the way he told the story, he was pulled over because he was driving drunk. He got out of his vehicle, and the officer got his dog out and was about to release it on him. He said he pulled out a pocket knife and said "Hey man I don't want any trouble out of you just don't send that dog on me". He said the cop put his dog back in the car, and he put up his knife. He was then arrested and charged with assaulting an officer. Because apparently even threatening a cop or cop dog is assaulting them. He was looking at spending up to 25 years in prison over this incident. He attempted to plea bargain and they would not let him plea it down. He was going to have to fight it in court.

He also said the cops had been out to get him because a few years earlier, he had been stabbed in a bar fight in which he managed to take the knife (he had some very serious scars from this so im assuming its true) and stab the guy back, the other man died. The police charged him with murder. He sat in county jail for over a year fighting it and he won.

This type of thing does happen, especially in small country towns where everyone knows each other. The police were made to look bad when they lost their case. Now they got a chance to put the screws to the guy again. Even if he beat that case against the dog "assault", he'd still end up in jail for a year or more again fighting it.

They say you can beat the rap but you wont be the ride, I believe?

I think that's BS. I don't see how you are innocent until proven guilty, yet people who are technically not guilty of any crime must sit in jail for months or years waiting to prove their innocence. Its just wrong IMO.
edit on 31-3-2014 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

AnteBellum

I always miss all the fun.

I'm sure the cops in your new home would brutalize you if you asked them to.

I didn't feel the need to quote the rest of that self serving comment.
I live close enough to NM, that i'm considering going down there to help.

edit on 31-3-2014 by rangerdanger because: phrasing

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

For some reason foreigners think that all of us are "fat", or that we won't have ourselves a little revolution. They don't know us very well, do they? There's militias being formed by the hundreds and plans(arrest warrants/decks of cards) being made as we speak. They think they can dictate what we do?? lol

Anyways, I'd like to see communities come together and go to city halls in droves every time billions are sent to foreign countries. Every time some crooked politician lies. Every time they steal all the money and use none of it for roads, etc.. Every time they try and take our guns....

It's time for americans to start doing this. It's time for accountability. No billionaire should live in peace. No bankster should live in peace. No wall street scum should live in peace. Too much foreign influence in everything.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by demus

Simply what the cops did was wrong.

But don't direct your anger toward me. I fight the opposition daily, but I'm also smart enough to see the many thousand decent law abiding officers that help us from day to day. Throwing everyone in one barrel is discriminatory and blind.

I am happy this happened for a reason. I could not prevent it or do anything about it now or then, spilt milk. Raises awareness to a deeply troubled area, I lived there for 3 years, 1 year ago. And I was also a victim of police brutality. Hopefully it won't happen again now, destroying more lives on top of the hundreds already lost. But I'm sure it will.
I was there for them, they were there for me, where were you or are you just grandstanding like the rest on the back of this current situation.

BTW: Learn what sarcasm means, people tend to use it from time to time, it's FUN!

reply to post by rangerdanger

They do, I moved to Manhattan!
But nothing was worse then being in ABQ. There is such a sparse separation among 'good' people, hardened gang members and local idiots that make the cops very jumpy when dealing with these issues. Unfortunately there are the same problems with the police there. One night at the 'Library' I was arrested for breaking a bottle over a girls head in which I had nothing to do with. I protested, resisted and was forcibly arrested.
edit on 3/31/2014 by AnteBellum because: clarification

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The anger is not over one shooting. There have been many in the last year plus on since the camper. When procedure with deal with people is shooting them, people get upset.

The police there might want to think about their procedures since if gangs get involved they will not be deal with easy prey. The gangs could care less about the law.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
In a week you are all going to see some serious S#!T

We Are A Movement Of Movements The Worldwide #WaveOfAction begins April 4th and runs through July 4th. During this three-month cycle, people throughout the world will be protesting corruption, rallying around solutions and taking part in alternative systems. The new paradigm will be on full display. Studies have proven that it only takes 3.5% of the population taking nonviolent action to create meaningful and positive change. The #WaveOfAction gives all of us who want change a powerful opportunity to #EvolveSociety. Change-makers all over the world will be engaged at the same time in an unprecedented wave of transformation.

waveofaction.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

knows_but_doesnt
I think the whole scenario needs a little more explaining. If, as reported, the guy has the extensive criminal history, plus mental issues, then this is not such a cut and dry case. And what about the knives, in both hands? Apparently no one takes into account the distance/reaction time that one can be attacked by someone with a knife. Plus he was on higher ground. Here's an idea - listen to officers when told to drop your weapons.

As far as deadly force as it was used in this video, I was not there so I'm not going to over speculate. I would think that the bean bag rounds, taser, etc would have been used prior to K-9, but again, it's a tiny screen and it's easy to judge everything from one perspective, from a comfy couch. As information unfolds, possibly more video, different angles, etc, my opinions may change. But what eats the crud out of me is when you have a guy with a gun/knife/weapon and he's repeatedly told to stand down, and things go south, everyone jumps on the "Police Brutality" wagon.

Don't want problems? Don't be the problem.

These people HAVE watched the video...That's why they are protesting....As the murdered man was trying to get on the ground as demanded, they shot him in the back...When he was incapacitated from the gunshots, they shot him some more...Then they sicked their dog on the guy which gnawed away at his legs...The guy was so out of it, he couldn't even respond when the dog was chewing on him...

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This crap makes me sick. 80 percent of cops are losers who got picked on in high school and feel they can now be a "man" and bully everyone else because they were not tough enough or smart enough to deal with being bullied in school.

The police should never carry guns again due to these rampant killings of innocent people. Give them nothing and see how many problems they cause, then only REAL MEN who know how to deal with people fairly would become police. Only highly experienced police veterans with a major Psych screening should be allowed to carry a lethal weapon on a Swat team.

I support everyone who is protesting this criminal act by the local police. These police who were there should be locked up with no chance of getting out no questions asked. No decent human being would have done that, to that man without him holding a gun and the other officers-dirtbags that were there should have pointed their weapon at the guy who did the shooting and arrested him or shot his worthless excuse for a human being.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

Wow Fox just had some of this protest on it and showed some films on other police brutalities. It was some messed up stuff. Showed one cop kept kicking a guy in the head repeatedly while he was being held down by another cop. Not good, not good at all. Bret Bear was reporting on this.
edit on 31-3-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: must proof read

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

How can a dog be considered a police officer? The dog didn't agree to become a member of the police force or agree to any particular assignment, it was enslaved and trained to do "it's job" which, if the dog were human, would be unconstitutional six ways to Sunday. Then the dog is made to go along with the real officers. Any one of these acts would be considered criminal if done to a human, so the dog should not, legally, be called an officer, but at most an enslaved tool of law enforcement.
edit on 31-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

I agree completely here.

What test did the dog take? Was it trianed in the used of force? How is it measured? Are the standards similar?

Why is fighting back against a police dog mauling you "assault on an offier", but when your dog gets shot, it isn't "murder"?

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
There is another protest to tonight . The people are gathering again.

Some links video and story.

KRQE video & aerial views of the protest Sunday.

Article from th Albuquerque Journal.

When protesters arrived Downtown, a man driving a paint-ball gun rental truck stopped in front of the APD building and pulled out what he claimed was an AK-47 rifle. The man said that the only way to meet APD's force was with force, but protesters persuaded him to put the gun away.

Paintball gun rental truck? The local news said the mad did display a real Ak. APD decided not to arrest the guy with the AK-47. I bet APD never approached the guy. But when asked by the reporter im sure they had to make up something.

I'm watching the local news as I'm writing this and the Albuquerque Police Department has a public service announcement that they the APD will hold a support rally for themselves, further asking people to come out and support them. WTF! WHY... The entire city is out for blood. Fire that Police chief and re-call the mayor. A support rally for APD. really ...! This police department is clueless .

edit on 31-3-2014 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

panicman66
if this turns ugly, and i bet it will..... the demonstrators will loose......cops got guns and ammo....government controls MSM .

They will be blamed for killing an innocent person or a off duty cop and this will give them excuse to lethal force.

The demonstrators need to take a leaf out of Gandhi's book and ensure all demonstrations are peaceful, offer no violence no matter what happens.

BS. You don't win a war against an oppressive military force through peaceful demonstration.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Looking at these videos all I can think is that this could be the start of something that is badly needed.... reform.

All it takes is 3.5% of the worlds population to stand up and say that this is not what we want. That is the number needed for any movement to gain momentum.
www.youtube.com...

I really hope people open their eyes to see that we are being turned against each other with bs news about Russia v Europe, America v Syria, Israel v Iran etc etc etc while the rich keep on getting richer, divide and conquer, I fall for it myself as I am sure most of you do too . The police are a law unto themselves that are there to protect the interests of government not the civilians. When civil servants have free reign to kill the people they are supposed to protect without consequences it shows that we live in very scarey times and the road ahead looks dark if nothing is done soon.

eta: Vid won't imbed for me
edit on 31-3-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

knows_but_doesnt
I think the whole scenario needs a little more explaining. If, as reported, the guy has the extensive criminal history, plus mental issues, then this is not such a cut and dry case. And what about the knives, in both hands? Apparently no one takes into account the distance/reaction time that one can be attacked by someone with a knife. Plus he was on higher ground. Here's an idea - listen to officers when told to drop your weapons.

Extensive criminal history is meaningless. He has presumably already paid for those crimes through the court/prison system. What matters is what he was doing at that moment. In that moment he was camping on his own, the police made him move and he complied.

Mental issues... very common among the homeless. Very common among the non homeless too. Mental issues might be responsible for the person being homeless, but statistically the mental issues common among the homeless make them more docile, not more aggressive. Maybe he was aggressive though, if that's the case perhaps some caution is warranted?

The guy had a knife, very common when camping. He wasn't using it in a threatening way until he was attacked first. You're right that he could use it against the police, there's that whole 21 foot rule. So what you should be looking at is not the fact that he was within 21 feet of the officers, but why the officers moved to within 21 feet of him? He was in an isolated position and could be completely surrounded. If the cops were looking for a safe outcome for all parties involved they would have been 25 feet away or so, or possibly more. At that range they could still use less lethal weapons rather than the very lethal ones they shot him with and he wouldn't have been a threat.

Lastly, if you have someone surrounded and then flashbang them and send in an attack dog, that person is going to fight back. It's human nature, fight or flight. Flight has been removed as an option which leaves only fight. The cops took those actions knowing they would instigate violence. That's the whole reason they did it, it allowed them to take the easy way out.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sosobad

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Aazadan

panicman66
if this turns ugly, and i bet it will..... the demonstrators will loose......cops got guns and ammo....government controls MSM .

They will be blamed for killing an innocent person or a off duty cop and this will give them excuse to lethal force.

The demonstrators need to take a leaf out of Gandhi's book and ensure all demonstrations are peaceful, offer no violence no matter what happens.

BS. You don't win a war against an oppressive military force through peaceful demonstration.

The police chief made an announcement starting " I dont know how the protest escalated". Well it started off peaceful, thats when the chief and mayor decided it was an unlawful protest then told everyone on the force to dawn there riot gear.
Both Clearly escalated the whole event to another level by doing just that. The mayor and his new chief are making some bad decisions .

The problem with Albuquerque is its leadership . Mayor Barry is all talk about training and more training for police. Yet the police keep making the same mistakes over and over again even with guidance from the justice department. mayor barry has refused most of their suggestions yet another person is added to their body count. Were all tired of this charade. We want this leadership gone along with most of the police department. The people want all the DOJ suggestions to be implemented including a civilian police board, which the mayor does not want. If he still refuses , then we are going to have real problems.

during all this the police union wanted to file a suit so they would not have to wear body cams anymore as required by the DOJ for the past killings.

The people in Albuquerque are past tolerate of this whole situation with the police force. When protesters start being shot thats when all hell is going to break loose.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
it a U.S. democracy shoves down your throat to other countries? video www.youtube.com... fight children Caucasus Mountains and police arrested 14 people they face a fine or arrest for up to 15 days. boston remember martial law caught two puppies tsarnaevyh ? in Russia more than 200,000 such animals www.youtube.com... 0:50 in our cities and they all mountain j*ws and false flag islam

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This is actually giving me some hope. Not only did this protest take place - but it was covered nationally. That in it of itself is an accomplishment for us. Now the compilation videos of police brutality I am sure we have all seen here on ATS need to start being spread through the masses and we can get more of this going. About damn time. Folks are preparing for the 'American Spring.'

I've already seen many people in pictures with their Guy Fawkes mask already purchased and ready. Let's do this.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

How can a dog be considered a police officer? The dog didn't agree to become a member of the police force or agree to any particular assignment, it was enslaved and trained to do "it's job" which, if the dog were human, would be unconstitutional six ways to Sunday. Then the dog is made to go along with the real officers. Any one of these acts would be considered criminal if done to a human, so the dog should not, legally, be called an officer, but at most an enslaved tool of law enforcement.
edit on 31-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

I just want to quote "real officers". That's not the correct label for APD or even the local cops here in NEPA.

EDIT: Actually on the news today they kept on giving us a glimpse of a story before every commercial about 2 cops who were shot dead, and in their case it was a bad guy, and he was a bad guy. Seems like they are trying to beat around the bush and make us see the APD as good guys and heroes..... btw these 2 cops were killed ten years ago yesterday, 'nuff said?

edit on 4/1/14 by SixX18 because: Realized something seen earlier today.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

gladtobehere
reply to post by Blowback

People are angry over Albuquerque police's involvement in 37 shootings, 23 of them fatal, since 2010. Critics say that's too many for a department serving a city of about 555,000.

FINALLY.

People need to rally and protest EVERY time this happens.

Dont wait for someone else, YOU be the one to organize the rally.

Yah YOU, I'm talkin' to you!!!

Gather your friends, family, neighbors, go to your church, school, gun clubs, bowling league, WHATEVER.

GET UP OFF YOUR FAT BEHINDS.

edit on 31-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

No,people need to rally to get rid of the idiots that are creating the demand for cops.

You know who they are. So do I. So does everyone reading this.

Quite creating the demand..and what happens? Quit blaming the police for your fellow citizens stupidity.

Take responsibility. You know what I mean.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join