It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayhem erupts in Albuquerque ,,,Police Website goes down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

rocks were thrown and at one point protesters trapped police in a vehicle and tried to break the windows, the Albuquerque Journal reported. An Associated Press reporter saw gas canisters being thrown outside police headquarters and Albuquerque police and Bernalillo County sheriff's deputies charging at the protesters late Sunday

Albuquerque protest of police turns to 'mayhem'

Authorities declare an unlawful assembly

authorities say a cyberattack took down the The Albuquerque police website for hours

The department couldn't immediately be reached for comment Sunday evening, but said earlier that the site was breached. It was visible late Sunday afternoon after going down in the early afternoon.

Police spokesman Simon Drobik said earlier that the disruption was due to a cyberattack but didn't know the source of the hack.

The attack comes days after a YouTube video emerged threatening retaliation for a recent police shooting that left a homeless man dead. The video that bore the logo of the computer hacking collective Anonymous warned of a cyberattack on city websites and called for a protest march.

Hundreds of protesters were marching Sunday to protest recent police shootings.

Hacked Albuquerque Police Website

edit on 31-3-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

People are angry over Albuquerque police's involvement in 37 shootings, 23 of them fatal, since 2010. Critics say that's too many for a department serving a city of about 555,000.

FINALLY.

People need to rally and protest EVERY time this happens.

Dont wait for someone else, YOU be the one to organize the rally.

Yah YOU, I'm talkin' to you!!!

Gather your friends, family, neighbors, go to your church, school, gun clubs, bowling league, WHATEVER.

GET UP OFF YOUR FAT BEHINDS.

edit on 31-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

another feckless protest, im sure some feelings were hurt with clever signs..man up America

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
"GET UP OFF YOUR FAT BEHINDS"
- Guy sitting on his fat behind

+56 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Update. My personal account. I was. Driving by and was caught up in the middle of a protest had to pull over in a parking lot .

I'm a resident of Albuquerque. Tonight the people here were / are very angered at The Albuquerque Police. The protesters, shall I say captured A small police substation and defaced it with lots colorful slogans directed at police using spay paint.
Protesters were also on the roof of this mini police substation ; It was obvious it was captured , kind of reminded me of war.
Then the police helicopter flew over head. Then a news helicopter flew by observing the police helicopter. the news chopper seemed to be waved off. Thats when the tear gas was launched in 30 mph winds lol! Did'nt even phase the protesters, it just blew right by them very fast. The crowed was moving my way towards the parking lot across the street. So I thought "time to leave now. "

The Mayor has lost total control of the police department here. The new police chief. That was appointed about 3 weeks ago is already lying to the public. There was another albuquerque citizen shot and killed a couple days ago by APD , right after the homeless camper. Thats makes two police killings in one week. People are afraid to call the police for any matters in fear the may be killed.

For those not up to date APD has been under the Justice department's investigation for the past year. The Justice Department has refused to announce there findings to the public ( they claim its secret and to protect? . The FBI is involved and will conduct an investigation into the shooting of the homeless man.

The death count 36 shot 23 dead I think including recent victims since 2010

The Mayor has refused many of the the proposals to straighten out the department. So the people are ready to recall our just-re-elected mayor. Like I said he has lost control of the Police Department . The union runs the police department here. The very same union that gave $500.00 to evey cop on administrative leave who shot and killed a suspect. Some belive it was a bounty. ( The local news reported that last year and the practice stopped) The Justice Department is back again. Wonder what they will not tell us this time.

I got tell you guys here On ATS the SHTF fan big time ! I never seen people , The public with so much Anger. Everyone in Albuquerque is mad as hell. The protesters trapped two police offices in there squad car trying to bust out the windows . Its going to get worse this week. The Law enforcement school made an announcement that they will teach officers to use deadly force by case law. That is not what the people need more of! We have to take back the county quick and fast.

Tonight is the first time I had to take my firearm from my truck and strap on my hip. I really did not know what was going to happen next, open carry is legal in New Mexico. The crowed shifted and I was on my way home. The Next American Revolution will most likely start here in Albuquerque New Mexico.

edit on 31-3-2014 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Wow ... that's great first-hand reporting!!

ETA: That police dog tearing into Boyd after he was down, disturbs the living Hell out of me. Were the news reporters referring to the dog as a "canine officer" or was that a reference to its handler?
edit on 3132014 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I think the dog. The handler is also an officer too. But here the news was referring to the dog. The place where they shot and killed that man is not to far from the housing . There was no reason for the police to go up there anyway. The homeless guy would have come down himself by nightfall anyway. It get below freezing up there. And from what I heard he was asleep and the officers woke him up. Sounds like APD started it and ended it. APD could have cuffed him in his sleep guided him down and took him to a shelter here. There is another person that took some video with a very power lens that lives by . The news station has a copy only showed a small glimpse of the event. Supposedly it show the man asleep. Its clearly murder. The justice department has been wanting or has that other film as well I dont think I or you will ever see that video.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mmathers

Didn't look so frekless from my view. Kind more like the next revaluation . I did'nt have a sign I had a side-arm standing next to my truck across the street. I think that speaks volumes don't you? No Im not a police officer or Le in any form.

edit on 31-3-2014 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
"But he threatened a canine officer!"
There's something deeply wrong when there is greater concern for a dog than a human being.
How is it perfectly alright to let a dog bite the tar out of a guy you just shot multiple times?
I think the residents of Albuquerque have realized that could happen to anyone and don't like it at all.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The commentator in the 3rd video of the OP's post speculated that gangs were discussing how best to combat this corruption, how they might kick in the cops doors and kill them or get them when they check their mail.
I seriously doubt this will be the case, historically it is more popular to go after the "soft targets".
Charles Dorner did this and the media made the world hate him.
I expect to see "officers" wives and children pay for the sins of their fathers.
Don't look for the headlines to speak of dead cops, but of "collateral damage".
What a shame, all of this could have been avoided by "officers" thinking for themselves and crossing that thin blue line.
A good guy who supports criminals is actually a bad guy in a state of delusion.
Just wait, I bet I'm right on this one.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Wow ,why haven't i seen any of this on the MSM ?....

Another "blind" tactic to keep people unaware

edit on 0406063134036st by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
"But he threatened a canine officer!"
There's something deeply wrong when there is greater concern for a dog than a human being.
How is it perfectly alright to let a dog bite the tar out of a guy you just shot multiple times?
I think the residents of Albuquerque have realized that could happen to anyone and don't like it at all.

Stupidly enough, the K9 is considered an officer. If you fight back against the dog that is mauling you, it is considered assault upon a police officer. You can't make this stuff up. That's how illogical and simply retarded the police and their system are.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Thank you for your report. Stay safe out there and if you witness anything else can you please post back in this thread? I have a feeling you are correct and this is just the beginning there.

JT

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Berry said there’s been vandalism, damage to property and stopped traffic.

“It’s a serious situation. They’ve certainly gone far beyond what a normal protest would be,” Berry said.

“We want people to be able to voice their opinions,” Berry said. “We also want people to be safe.”

I wonder why he isn't concerned about the people's safety as his police force kills them for difficult, if even possible, to justify reasons.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

LightningStrikesHere
Wow ,why haven't i seen any of this on the MSM ?....

Another "blind" tactic to keep people unaware

edit on 0406063134036st by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

It's made the MSM now
www.usatoday.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.nytimes.com...

Looks like the Police Dept deactivated some of their own accounts? Hard to call that an hacker attack?
from the Washington post article;
Albuquerque Police Department deactivated its Facebook and Twitter accounts — to which the Twitter page of Anonymous Operations, claiming to represent the group, tweeted:

A “distributed denial of service” attack would not affect the city’s Facebook or Twitter accounts. It involves thousands of simultaneous attempts to access a single website, which overloads the server and shuts it down. It’s a technique often used on the Internet to target the systems of corporations.

Thanks for alerting everyone here OP

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

How can a dog be considered a police officer? The dog didn't agree to become a member of the police force or agree to any particular assignment, it was enslaved and trained to do "it's job" which, if the dog were human, would be unconstitutional six ways to Sunday. Then the dog is made to go along with the real officers. Any one of these acts would be considered criminal if done to a human, so the dog should not, legally, be called an officer, but at most an enslaved tool of law enforcement.
edit on 31-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Look at the pictures Here

What have police force become, some form of military.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

roadgravel
Look at the pictures Here

What have police force become, some form of military.

are you really surprised by militarization of police?

militarization of police

American neighborhoods are increasingly being policed by cops armed with the weapons and tactics of war.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
These corrupt police deserve whatever they get and I really think they are being trained to be this way so its definitely time for people to fight back. I would not help a dying cop on the side of the road for fear of something terrible happening to me and I feel terrible even saying that but its the truth, they have lost my respect 100%. When a Harvard prof writes an article on why talking to police is never a good thing just shows how things have changed for the worse. People might start replacing the word police with collaborator!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Very distrurbing to say the least. Its going to be even more disturbing what the officers actually end up getting as justice. a slap and a paid vacation, No wonder Police dont care blowing you away, then just being totally let off and backed up by every officer in there dept. scary and needs to be stopped.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join