It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super cell moving over central Florida right now! Possible tornado on ground.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Happening now. I can feel the pressure change in my eyes. Will update will maps.

www.google.org...
edit on 29-3-2014 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

Radar. www.orlandosentinel.com...

Almost guaranteed upper atmosphere to ground rotation possible 2 tornadoes on the ground

100-120 mph wind reports

Making bee line to cocoa beach.

Very close lightning strikes

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yeah, it's pretty nasty outside here in Altamonte. My cats are really crazy right now. Stay safe.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchingFromtheShadows

ST. Cloud here the rain has suddenly almost stopped :/

News reports callers are confirming tornado in lake Nona area
edit on 29-3-2014 by marbles87 because:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Forgive my lack of local knowledge.Is this normal for Florida as I'll be visiting there in a couple of months? I'm watching Miami weather every day on the Yahoo! weather app and it shows dry and sunny for the next week or so.Yes I know how big Florida is,so is this sort of thing normally pretty localised?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

Florida is the lightning capitol of the United States and experiences thunderstorms on nearly one-third of the days in a year.
www.floridadisaster.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

Tornados are common all over the United States. I was just informing the community that there were tornados in my area. It doesn't seem to be getting stronger but if it does I'm sure there are a few here who would like to know about it

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage.Nice to see that Miami where I'll be starting has the highest number of fatalities,then Kennedy/Titusville is a BIT better.Not too bad I guess as it's over a 44 year period.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

Tornados are not a concept we're really familiar with here in the UK as we might get one a year if we're unlucky.Actually I've just had a quick Google and found we had one in Crawley where I live in January that I hadn't heard about until now.Guess I should read the local papers a bit more.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yea I get the text warnings so when I looked up the cell in question it ended up being about 10 min. from my house moving directly towards me from Lake Apopka. I got only one significant burst of wind which actually almost toppled the tree behind my house. It's a lot calmer now.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Lot's of thunder and lightning here in downtown, but not a lot of rain which is fairly surprising.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
We've had some passing storms in my neck of the woods here by Tampa, but nothing too awful so far. The east coast can have the tornadoes, we'll pass.

Imagewerx
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage.Nice to see that Miami where I'll be starting has the highest number of fatalities,then Kennedy/Titusville is a BIT better.Not too bad I guess as it's over a 44 year period.

Yeah, even though it's not on my shore (Tampa Bay) it's pretty par for the course down here. Our summer sea breeze storms here on the west coast can be downright wicked, and they're daily. My suggestion is to watch the local Miami news for weather forecasts, and if they forecast rain by a certain time period, note the time & ride it out indoors. No biggie.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Sitting here in Titusville with my office window open. Fairly typical Florida weather.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm in Cocoa Beach right now. Looks like the worse of it is north and the tornado that the doppler was showing dissipated. However doppler radar seemed to show a possible signficant tornado that was moving east along 528, the beeline/beachline. It has dissipated now, when the weather clears we will see what kind of damage there is.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yeah we will see what damage has done. Wonder how many water spouts will pop up. Might put on quite a show once it gets over water.

Reports of trees and power lines down.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It wasn't bad here at all in Cocoa Beach. A little wind, rain, and lightning.

Tornadoes are common in Florida, per area we have more than any other state. Most are small and weak F0-F1 and can happen anytime of the year. The spring, now, is when we generally get the stronger ones.

I'm interested to see what happened. The Doppler signature of the one that was going down the 528 highway was one of the most textbook echos I've ever seen in Florida.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
While I hope nothing bad happens I believe that this is just typical Florida weather. I've lived here for almost two years and thunderstorms and high winds are the norm.

Hopefully this is just another case of some slight bad weather and a bad beach day.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Polymath

Im in cape coral & just normal thunder & lightening show

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Polymath

Im in cape coral & just normal thunder & lightening show

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Can you arrange to have dry and sunny weather with just a light sea breeze from 29th May for the next 11 days please?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Looking at the current statewide radar, I'm glad I don't live down by Lake Okeechobee. Looks like they had a couple of doozies roll through the area.

Imagewerx
Can you arrange to have dry and sunny weather with just a light sea breeze from 29th May for the next 11 days please?

Now that you asked, you know you're going to be saddled with hot and insanely humid, right? FL doesn't bargain, it ups the ante

top topics

<<   2 >>

join