It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Song stuck in your head? "Earworm". What's yours today?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Stuck in my head many days-maybe because it seems so fitting to our life as a family,and the lives of my friends.Either way,the Dropkick Murphy's sum up how we feel.a reply to: BuzzyWigs

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This is probably the most beneficial earworm I've ever had. I mean, I could tolerate this for DAYS.

Twista w/Faith Evans -- Hope

edit on 20/9/14 by argentus because: toldate? spellcheck, are you sleeping?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Oh Thank God, maybe now I can be rid of it. lol

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

I am lead to believe that the only effective method of smiting an earworm is to supplant it with another. FWIW, I use this in dire emergencies. It's sort of a mental purgative. ......... and a hell of a calming song, at least for me.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Anything Earth Wind and Fire is great in my book. Oddly enough I was cruising around youtube last night, and I put in 'Hope' as a key word, and the song you posted came up, I listened and liked it very much.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I am lead to believe that the only effective method of smiting an earworm is to supplant it with another.

LOL!! Yeah! THAT!!!

That's the entire point of the thread (besides knowing what other members are "wormed" by) - to help smite the things!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Something odd I noticed-idk if this qualifies as an earworm,just really curious to know if other members have experienced this specific thing:I love opera-and whenever I've spent a few hours during the daytime listening to arias,different ones,then later in the evening I would hear opera music playing softly.Usually when I'm in the kitchen making dinner-and I'd call out to my family members:"Has someone switched the tv to the music bouquet?" And they'd say no-but I still hear it,softly but distinctly-and not necessarily the arias I'd been listening to on that particular day,either,just any arias,male or female vocals.So I'd then walk to the lounge and go to check+too right,the tv would indeed be on a channel that does'nt play opera,like say,Animal Planet.The kids watch some tv most days,so when I notice they're not in the lounge,I tell them to go back+put the tv on a channel that has some sensible content,which really leaves precious little aside from Animal Planet or the food+cooking channels-I don't like auditory drivel floating through the house,and 99,99% of all tv content is unbearable drivel.But there's no opera on the tv,and the husband or our son is playing pc games,while my daughter's listening to music on her headphones in her room,for instance-no opera in there either.This only ever happens when I've been listening to opera,no other genre of music.Anyone ever had this happen? I don't mind it,just wondering why this would only ever happen when I've been listening to opera.a reply to: BuzzyWigs

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Here's an earworm i could tolerate for days on end:-) sorry i've forgotten how to embed vids:

www.youtube.com... reply to: argentus

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

That works for me! I'll keep that in reserve. What I really respect about this tune is that it would easily lend itself to vocal modulation, and yet they don't do so. I am personally sick of otherwise fine tunes that seem dependent upon pitch shifting. ............ or whatever the [censored] it's called. Overuse says to me, "I can't sing worth beans, but I gots great production."

ETA: Copy the youtube URL. Hit the youtube icon above. It will bring up a box. Paste the URL in it, and delete everything left of and including the = sign. There you go! I've had a moment or two myself when I couldn't get it right.

edit on 23/9/14 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Just because I'm evil.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Number 9. Number 9. Number 9.....

Muahahahahaha.....

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

backatcha:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Pfft:

Earworms. Eeeee.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The worst is this one. Unless you have amazing mental control don't watch that. It attacks your brain.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
As annoying as it is, it's unapologetically earwormy.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
"I pity the fool", Ya'll have some serious stuff rollin' around in your heads. lol I thought I had problems. ;-P

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid\

No! IT HAS TO END!!!
LOL!!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Fine. I had to put on my headphones and jam out on 90's playlist for a while to get rid of that one!!
Now I'm going to pay you back......
bwahahahaaa.....

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Mickey, yeah. You and I must be same generation!!!

I remember that year there was also a 'revival' of "Runaround Sue"

(And I won't talk about Boy George. Yet)....(or Whamm. Yet)....(or Prince's Little Red Corvette. Yet).

Ahhh, the 80s. Pre-AIDS, what fun times those were!

edit on 9/25/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join