It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News: gravity waves are proof of the bible.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Weren't the stars and the sun made on like day 4??? Elaborate please?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

They are claiming that because the bible says the universe was created not eternal.

This doesn't prove that the universe was created. It proved that there was a rapid expansion. A "Big Bang". For all we know we are just seeing the echoes of the most recent big bang, and there were many before it. Or perhaps we are witnessing the start of OUR universe, and there are many others. Science is far more thorough than people are giving them credit for. Proof of our known universe having come from a big bang is not proof that there was nothing before that big bang, and it [from what I've heard] helps give credence to the idea of universes outside of our own, which may pre-date and/or exist alongside our own.

Fox is dumb.

"The Big Bang theory does not provide any explanation for the initial conditions of the universe; rather, it describes and explains the general evolution of the universe going forward from that point on." We are limited by both a "past horizon" [things "further" than 14bn light years away] as well as the fact that the universe was incredibly dense and opaque in its youth, clouding our view even further.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

UnBreakable

robbeh
How anyone can believe in a book that seems like a dude on magic mushrooms wrote is beyond me..

How can anyone believe in Faux News?
most ppl dont

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by Char-Lee

How do you Unsimplify the sun and stars being created after the earth and life on the planet? Something's are a square peg and some a round hole. They just don't match. Any logical person would have to see that it's reaching to put science and the bible togather. Without us all being raised to believe such garbage would we ever buy into it? I argue no, because we think the religions of others are silly. Why? Because we weren't brainwashed from birth to believe other fairy tales!

Think hologram...

Seems any order would work if we are a hologram.

open the mind, you will need to to understand the truths of what we are coming to know, this is our future.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

ArtemisE

Weren't the stars and the sun made on like day 4??? Elaborate please?
fish were Created on the fifth.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LeviWardrobe

A "Big Bang".

When I think of things popping into existence i think of the birth of my children.

Nothing may have grown in something... before it was birthed in the big bang.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I find it so funny how the religions are looking to science to understand "Gods Wisdom", when a few centuries ago, it was borderline witchcraft and heresy.

So the bible believers wanna prove the whole big bang existence that was huge in the science department decades ago. Yet, the dinosaurs existing before Adam and Eve, and whole creation is still ignored.

So which came first according to the bible... The Universe or Earth. Humans or the dinosaurs...Or in other theories, Aliens and the dinosaurs?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

The bible itself disproves the 7 day theory, I think it was Moses that said A day to God is as a thousand years. He was explaining to Jews that God's days are totally different

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Is it a valid theory if you need a "standard model" ( the hologram theory) that allows for any sequence to make it work? That's pretty wild logic...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

My bad on the fish part. Still places plants the ocean and the earth before stars... Impossible. We came from stars....

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
"What came first? The chicken or the egg?"
the question is wrong.
wrong in the sense that it creates and supports an allusion\paradox that causes the confusion.
i guess, in a way, the 'correct' answer is, "Neither."

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

ArtemisE

My bad on the fish part. Still places plants the ocean and the earth before stars... Impossible. We came from stars....

"Don't think in terms of trying to bend the star...there is no spoon."

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Cito
reply to post by ArtemisE

The bible itself disproves the 7 day theory, I think it was Moses that said A day to God is as a thousand years. He was explaining to Jews that God's days are totally different

so, you're saying 7000 years?

edit on 22-3-2014 by taoistguy because: my r's fell out.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

ArtemisE

Is it a valid theory if you need a "standard model" ( the hologram theory) that allows for any sequence to make it work? That's pretty wild logic...

My logic can be wild and still be logic.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

taoistguy
"What came first? The chicken or the egg?"
the question is wrong.
wrong in the sense that it creates and supports an allusion\paradox that causes the confusion.
i guess, in a way, the 'correct' answer is, "Neither."

I like better, what came first, the flower that cannot exist without pollination or the sole insect that can pollinate it.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The egg came millions of years before the chicken and the flower existed 1st and over millennia evolved a dependant relationship with that particular species of pollinator changing into the flower you see now.
edit on 22-3-2014 by johnb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Niether.... They evolved togather after the earth was already like 3.4 billion years old.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

borntowatch

ArtemisE
reply to post by borntowatch

I agree it is BS to play to there mainly evangelical base, but still disinformation of the highest order. Stuff like this is the main reason more even people haven't swapped to atheism. If they were all still saying all science is the devil and refused those who didn't believe in 7 day creation. Christianity would have already died.

I have a problem though
Christianity was the foundation of modern science and education

The complete opposite is true.

Science was around for thousands of years before Christianity. When Christianity became established the Church murdered any Scientist disagreeing with the Bible and society was plunged into the dark ages for 1000 years.

rickymouse

Char-Lee

rickymouse

Bringing everything into existence with a single word.....Sounds that same as what they are pushing nowadays.....BANG....

We have only begun to learn...all things are frequency, a word in the right tones a "magic spell" in a sense, may be all that is needed to change dirt into a man. Our entire history of learning may be all foolishness when it comes down to it, it may be so simple a child will understand.

The interaction of frequency with our DNA and the minerals in our body defines our shape. The earth is constantly emitting some sort of hum. We cannot usually hear this sound because we are acclimated to it.

Whut?

DNA and minerals don't work that way, if 'frequencies' were interacting with DNA we'd all be full of cancerous tumours. Also frequency means how often a cycle is repeated per second, measured in Hertz, it's not an object or entity so your sentence makes no sense. Frequency is only used that way by homeopath types so they can sell gullible people a couple of drops of water for £20 and claim tapping it three times cures whatever illness the customer has.

The reason we can't hear the hum is it's so low it's outside the range of human hearing.
edit on 22-3-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

reply to post by taoistguy

Dinosaurs were laying eggs hundreds of millions of years before chickens.
edit on 22-3-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

ArtemisE

You may be looking at that backwards. So what if a theory comes along and fits what is, has nothing to do with allowing anything. Has nothing to do with the theory actually. You don't need a theory or a model eventually you will have just the simple ...is.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bastion

DNA and minerals don't work that way, if 'frequencies' were interacting with DNA we'd all be full of cancerous tumours.

we are learning, we are children.
www.academia.edu...

In 1988 the author and biologist Dr. David Deamer collaborated on a science/art project which consisted of measuring the vibrational frequencies of the four DNA base molecules, translating them into 'sound,' programming them into a Yamaha synthesizer and using this tuning system as the basis for original compositions entitled Sequencia (1990 and '94 CD). The realization of biological, infrared frequencies into sound has resulted in unusual insights into the harmonic fabric of DNA, and reactions from listeners suggest that our bodies may have a way of recognizing their own electromagnetic patterns through the resonance of tone.

www.oursounduniverse.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join