It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News: gravity waves are proof of the bible.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Christianity wasn't the beginning of science at all. The Greeks were the most scientifically advanced for awhile then the Persians were. In fact the dark ages were a mix of the fall of Rome and the church taking basic control of society and deciding that anything that might bring Christianity into question was the devil. Causing a 1000 year backslide in western technology. So science didn't at all come from Christianity. Christianity has been just as down on science as the Muslims..... Maybe even more so.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Science has a ambiguity and is not as pure as some might think .Well in some of the fields of study anyway .Climate science where the consensus wants to rule supreme and have thrown Occam's Razor into the trash can .And then there is the study of these ancient civilizations that didn't exist .well again only if you throw Occam out the window .....peace

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

I think it is a simplified version of something literal. Just because we don't understand as of yet a lot of details does not make it untrue.
Think of a description of terraforming.
edit on 22-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I would agree about the spirited debate being a religious show. But fox posted it in the science section of there web site. I think that gives me a good disinformation case.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

They say they take it literally but theres no way, all I hear is "what Jesus meant was" and "well that just means", sorry but if Jesus actually said that stuff, then he meant what he said, if you don't agree with it AS IT IS WRITTEN, your NOT a Christian, you've only created your own reality of a religion. Personally I believe none of it but that's beside the point. Its like taking an age old cookie recipe but using other ingredients but still calling it the same cookie when its not. If you don't take the bible literally then why bother reading it if you are just going to make up stuff to fit or suit yourself ? My point is, if you believe the bible was inspired by the hand of God then there aren't any mistakes, it says what it says and MEANS EXACTLY what it says.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

If they were all still saying all science is the devil and refused those who didn't believe in 7 day creation.

Not many have ever believed in a literal 7 days since all the texts mention a day of ours is not a day of the creators. Still I don't see why bringing anything into existence with a single word and finishing in a literal 7 days could be ridiculous considering the big bang theory.

In the name of the Life and in the name of Knowledge-of-Life (Manda-d-Hiia) and in the name of that Primal Being who was Eldest and preceded water, radiance, light and glory, the Being who cried with His voice and uttered words. By means of His voice and His words Vines grew and came into being, and the First Life was established in its Abode.

And He spoke and said, "The First Life is anterior to the Second Life by six thousand myriad years and the Second Life anterior to the Third Life by six thousand myriad years and the Third Life more ancient than any 'uthra by six thousand myriad years. And any 'uthra is older than the whole earth and older than the Seven Lords of the House by seven hundred and seventy thousand myriad years. There is that which is infinite.

At that time there was no solid earth and no inhabitants in the black waters. From them, from those black waters, Evil was formed and emerged, One from whom a thousand thousand mysteries proceeded and a myriad myriad planets with their own mysteries.

www.gnosis.org... Book of Souls
edit on 22-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

ArtemisE
...fish were created before the sun and stars... Obviously impossible.

Can you believe you are wrong there? But only on the fact that life needs light to appear. It needs warmth, like a volcano does under the sea. Over there, light doesn't go that deep, but there are still plants and animal life...

Which came first, the light exposed in environment ones, or the warm dark environment ones? lol

Not a proof aux is right, but still, what a coincidence, or providence, depending how you take it.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

How do you Unsimplify the sun and stars being created after the earth and life on the planet? Something's are a square peg and some a round hole. They just don't match. Any logical person would have to see that it's reaching to put science and the bible togather. Without us all being raised to believe such garbage would we ever buy into it? I argue no, because we think the religions of others are silly. Why? Because we weren't brainwashed from birth to believe other fairy tales!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Not that I think that Fox carries much intellectual weight, but It's looks to me like one side of an ongoing debate, nothing unusual about that, in fact debating is the way to go to garner credibility instead of those horrendous shouting matches they are so good at, especially political topics.

I think it says that the birdies and the fishies came after the solar system and stars etc, while vegetation appeared after the waters were sorted out, (which was before the sun, stars....) Who made that stuff up anyway? vegetation appearing after water recedes is obviously something written from observation of something that does occur. Whoever put that bit in, was a very naughty boy.
edit on 22-3-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

The earth formed in the gravitational pull of the sun. It's called ecreetion ( I think) when dust from previous supernovas is pulled togather to form exoplanet which crash into each other until your left with planets. None of this is speculation. Through Hubble we have watched it happen to other solar systems forming. Sure life can form without sunlight. But planets can't form with out suns forming then exploding then forming again. The only thing before stars was hydrogen and space time. Not the earth plants and animals. Let there be light and the big any giving off light is the only similarity with the standard model...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I find it strange that most Non Christians believe Christians believe the earth is 6000 years old. I would say 99% of educated Christian don't believe this because it's NOT IN THE BIBLE.

Genesis 1- In the BEGINING GOD created the heavens and the earth. Period. Put a date on that now. Maybe 14 billion years ago?
Heck 14 trillion years is nothing to the creator. Breaking news, he was busy long before us little human creatures rolled up onto the scene.

And I hate to break it to you guys, Gen 1 is not even the oldest begining in the bible.

Lets look farther back, before the big bang.

John 1- In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was GOD. He was with God in the begining.

Now put that as far back as you can.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

If they don't believe what it says, they are not Christians, period!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

lotusfoot
reply to post by Kargun

If they don't believe what it says, they are not Christians, period!

I'm not so sure about that, OT.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Bringing everything into existence with a single word.....Sounds that same as what they are pushing nowadays.....BANG....

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

ArtemisE

How do you Unsimplify the sun and stars being created after the earth and life on the planet? Something's are a square peg and some a round hole. They just don't match. Any logical person would have to see that it's reaching to put science and the bible togather. Without us all being raised to believe such garbage would we ever buy into it? I argue no, because we think the religions of others are silly. Why? Because we weren't brainwashed from birth to believe other fairy tales!

Well for one thing the words used in translating are becoming more and more understood with new finds of old texts and years more of study, it may well turn out that what we are being told is simply that the sky was cleared at that point so that the sun and stars could now be seen.

Think of other planets shrouded and unable to see the sun and stars.

I feel sad that people cannot see, the world is covered in ancient texts, they all concur on many things, it is foolish in my view to think all of the writers were idiots. I can't see anything logical in it. Our world is full of mysteries.

Any logical person would have to see

You do know that some of our greatest scholars and scientists throughout history and including today believe right?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

rickymouse

Bringing everything into existence with a single word.....Sounds that same as what they are pushing nowadays.....BANG....

We have only begun to learn...all things are frequency, a word in the right tones a "magic spell" in a sense, may be all that is needed to change dirt into a man. Our entire history of learning may be all foolishness when it comes down to it, it may be so simple a child will understand.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

ArtemisE
I just watched a video from faux. IMHO probubally the most wide spread disinformation agent on the planet.

In the video they claimed that gravity waves and the Big Bang were proof of the bible. Going so far as to claim 7 day creation got the sequence right!!! The only disclaimer was that "some" people disagree about the time frame, but doubled down on the sequence thing.....

They are claiming that because the bible says the universe was created not eternal. That means it's proof the bible is true! Completely ignoring the fact that almost everything else about biblical creation science has disproven.... Let's not forget 7day creation says the earth plants and fish were created before the sun and stars... Obviously impossible.

This is really just par for the course for intelligent design people. They have made a career out of twisting science to attempt make the bible fit.

You know, it would not kill you to at least read about something before making a thread about it.
7 days of Creation?
Fish before the sun and stars?
Take a few minutes before starting a thread and at least try to familiarize yourself with the subject matter. How else can we take you seriously?
Quad

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Char-Lee

rickymouse

We have only begun to learn...all things are frequency, a word in the right tones a "magic spell" in a sense, may be all that is needed to change dirt into a man. Our entire history of learning may be all foolishness when it comes down to it, it may be so simple a child will understand.

The interaction of frequency with our DNA and the minerals in our body defines our shape. The earth is constantly emitting some sort of hum. We cannot usually hear this sound because we are acclimated to it.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

robbeh
How anyone can believe in a book that seems like a dude on magic mushrooms wrote is beyond me..

How can anyone believe in Faux News?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Fair enough. But that's the only part of the story that works.

Hell man isn't even the newest creation... We watch new viruses form. And bred dogs ourselves...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join