It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News: gravity waves are proof of the bible.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I just watched a video from faux. IMHO probubally the most wide spread disinformation agent on the planet.

In the video they claimed that gravity waves and the Big Bang were proof of the bible. Going so far as to claim 7 day creation got the sequence right!!! The only disclaimer was that "some" people disagree about the time frame, but doubled down on the sequence thing.....

They are claiming that because the bible says the universe was created not eternal. That means it's proof the bible is true! Completely ignoring the fact that almost everything else about biblical creation science has disproven.... Let's not forget 7day creation says the earth plants and fish were created before the sun and stars... Obviously impossible.

This is really just par for the course for intelligent design people. They have made a career out of twisting science to attempt make the bible fit.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Most Christians don't take the creation thing in the bible literally. It was something to show people how the universe was formed. Look how often science winds up being wrong about things about our energy fields, and our solar system. Now that we finally have the ability to test these things we find out what we thought was real really wasn't, it was just a false belief.

The universe was not formed in seven days. It was the best idea they had at the time. If you were to tell our theories to a person five thousand years ago, they would have probably tied you (the crazy science person in their eyes) to the anchor on a ship and fed you to the sharks.

I don't think more than ten percent of the people in history every believed that creation theory. It was shoved down people's throats though. It is like everything else, a belief forms a reality. We live in a fairytale world these days anyway, why not allow people to believe in this if they want.

By the way, it does not really matter how the universe was formed anyway. The big bang theory is just a theory backed by evidence that can be applied to many other theories. I'm not going to say everyone believing in that is wrong, it is their belief, if they want to believe in it they can. No big deal. I hate when they try to shove that theory down my throat though.
edit on 22-3-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
How anyone can believe in a book that seems like a dude on magic mushrooms wrote is beyond me..

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

rickymouse
Most Christians don't take the creation thing in the bible literally.

You'd be surprised how literally Christians take it. My proof is being stationed in south Alabama for 5 years.
edit on 22-3-2014 by iamhobo because:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

Here you go OP.

Is this it?

Genesis does have the sequence right! HAH! I love it.
edit on Ram32214v412014u32 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

ArtemisE
I just watched a video from faux. IMHO probubally the most wide spread disinformation agent on the planet.

In the video they claimed that gravity waves and the Big Bang were proof of the bible. Going so far as to claim 7 day creation got the sequence right!!! The only disclaimer was that "some" people disagree about the time frame, but doubled down on the sequence thing.....

They are claiming that because the bible says the universe was created not eternal. That means it's proof the bible is true! Completely ignoring the fact that almost everything else about biblical creation science has disproven.... Let's not forget 7day creation says the earth plants and fish were created before the sun and stars... Obviously impossible.

This is really just par for the course for intelligent design people. They have made a career out of twisting science to attempt make the bible fit.

Thanks for the link and any other valid explanations to back this up.
Guessing, just guessing faux made all this up to annoy the atheists and boost their Christians audience?

Your post is a little lite in

Why would fox even go down this road without some justification..

Creation/Genesis states 6 days not seven,.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
How the cast of Fox & Friends never win any Golden Globes is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yep that's it. Thanks, I'm on my phone so it makes links and quotes more work then I'm willing to do lmao.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

I agree it is BS to play to there mainly evangelical base, but still disinformation of the highest order. Stuff like this is the main reason more even people haven't swapped to atheism. If they were all still saying all science is the devil and refused those who didn't believe in 7 day creation. Christianity would have already died.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I hope you're aware of what you just got yourself into! ( evil laugh )

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I'm just glad foxes got themselves two by two up on the ark. Saw one running a long distance about an hour ago, a fine sight.

FOX (no pun intended with above line, caught it as I read my post) has to hold on to its evangelical viewers and throw them a bone from time to time. A 6,000 year old dino bone.
edit on 22-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

iamhobo

rickymouse
Most Christians don't take the creation thing in the bible literally.

You'd be surprised how literally Christians take it. My proof is being stationed in south Alabama for 5 years.
edit on 22-3-2014 by iamhobo because:

I hear there are a lot of devout Christians down in that area and in the Carolina's. My daughter was telling me about that. Seems like there are more down south than up north.

I Know quite a few religious people around here and everyone I know thinks that the truth is somewhere between the bible and science. Most of them do not take that part word for word. I am sure there are some who do though, I often wonder how Muslims think about this.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I revel in the attempt to open eyes!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by borntowatch

I agree it is BS to play to there mainly evangelical base, but still disinformation of the highest order. Stuff like this is the main reason more even people haven't swapped to atheism. If they were all still saying all science is the devil and refused those who didn't believe in 7 day creation. Christianity would have already died.

I have a problem though
Christianity was the foundation of modern science and education

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

ArtemisE
I just watched a video from faux.

Faux is pronounced like foe

edit on 22-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm not religious and I see the bias of Fox News and MSNBC every day but isnt Sprited Debate (an overtly religious show) just a show that happens to be on the Fox News Channel?

700 Club airs on ABC. Is it fair to say ABC says (enter religious nonsense 700 Club says here)?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
1. The Bible does not say that the earth is only six thousand years old. It says the God created the heavens "and the earth" in the beginning (Uh, the big bang is a beginning isn't it?)

2. The Bible says that God spread forth the heavens as a curtain. That He "unrolled it." Sounds like expansion to me. And if you look at a curtain as it expands you might see wave patters in it.

It is truly amazing how even science itself testifies to the existence of God as it's creator.

edit on 22-3-2014 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I swear on the bible, it's real. I know it is. the gravity of your title is insane

There needs to be a title tutorial on this thing

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

7 Days , nope 6 ...He could have done it in 1 ....-1/12 .....which doesn't prove anything but might be suggestive in the whole scheme of faith ....peace :>)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Hellas

ArtemisE
I just watched a video from faux.

Faux is pronounced like foe

edit on 22-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

Hahaha don't let that stop 'em.

Ahh it's a laugh, innit..

that noise.. you make at the back of your throat.. you know, when something is funny..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join