It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Iran building giant mock-up of U.S. aircraft carrier?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Let's look at these two side by side for a realistic appraisal of which is real and which is fake.

The first pic appears to be of a real aircraft carrier being built. The detail of the surrounding area, the buildings and pretty much everything associated with it is much greater. Where is the store of materials for building this fake carrier? Where's the support vehicles? And in my estimation, it's way too short to be a scale mockup of a carrier. The planes on the deck are way too small, but need to be for scale vs the ship. This is a fugazie pic.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Of course building a real carrier would require support trucks and the like while building a mock-up wouldn't.

Their simply isn't enough info to say either way with any certainty.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

opethPA

Bilk22
It's a blurry satellite pic of a "stationary" object and location under the sun in the ME? Come on. This is a bogus pic. That should look crystal clear. They can read a license plate with a satellite. If this were real it would look much different. It looks like it was taken with a 1950s Kodak.

It was alleged to be taken with a commercial satellite, do you know which one?
Do you know what the capabilities of that satellite were?
What about the weather conditions when it was taken. Just because it is sunny doesn't mean their can't be haze or glare..see any hot day in the summer for that.
The image says Getty Satellite Images. Go to their site. It's doubtful they'd produce such a crap image. This is fugazie! Someone obtained one of their images for this hoax.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It is not a very accurate mock up. The proportions are all wrong.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
gunnery or missile or assault practice?
like the old fashioned target blimps?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Those are two different sites. The clearer one is the Cochin Shipyards in India where they built the INS Vikrant which is pictured. The second is from the SAFF Offshore Industries Company's shipyards west southwest from Bandar Abbas and the dry docks appear identical to the ones with the carrier mock up (minus the carrier).

Edit to add: here are the coordinates for SAFF, 27.054893,55.972783.

edit on 22-3-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
ah cointel pro photoshop practice

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I'd imagine whomever the enemy is would/might.

It's obviously a valid idea..it's been done many, many times before, and successfully done too.

Fake plywood hulls built around smaller boats fooled the Germans in WW2, inflatable tanks and aircraft were still being used during the cold war, plywood weapons systems of all sorts have and probably are still used as decoy targets and or traps and of course for misdirection allowing breathing space.

Have you never heard of mocked up weaponry and armaments before then?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

MysterX
It's obviously a valid idea..it's been done many, many times before, and successfully done too.

I would have to think you are not going to fool anyone with a fake super carrier. The premise is preposterous.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

AugustusMasonicus
reply to post by Bilk22

Those are two different sites. The clearer one is the Cochin Shipyards in India where they built the INS Vikrant which is pictured. The second is from the SAFF Offshore Industries Company's shipyards west southwest from Bandar Abbas and the dry docks appear identical to the ones with the carrier mock up (minus the carrier).
I realize they're different locations. I just wanted to post an example of what a real satellite image would look like and the scale of not only the ship but the scale of operations and support to produce even a mockup.

I can see what happened here from looking thru the Getty Images. Someone took a stock image, which has great resolution, and clipped a segment from it and doctored it up. The "Getty Satellite Images" tag appears on the OP pic, does not appear on actual images you can download. So that was placed there after the fact. The other pic has no credits so one has to wonder why they'd put the Getty credits there. I assume it's to prove some authenticity of this garbage.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

As i say...faked ships, boats, subs, tanks, aircraft, even troops themselves have all been used successfully.

It's not actually as preposterous as it sounds, given that there's precedence of it working before many times.

With the right situation, the right faked circumstances, the fact that the very idea of a super-carrier being faked and used as a decoy is prespoterous would actually be a major advantange.

edit on 22-3-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Bilk22
I just wanted to post an example of what a real satellite image would look like and the scale of not only the ship but the scale of operations and support to produce even a mockup.

If you go to the coordinates I provided you can see that SAFF is building actual ships there so a mockup is well within the capabilities of that site.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Yes it is at a different angle.

That'll be down to the two Suns then..

Lol, good one. Or the faked nature of the photo itself.

They clipped and painted the cutout of the scarier carrier from another time zone and forgot to brush in the shadows. I see others have proved it fake as well.

Damn, doesn't any mystery get by ATS?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Iranian carrier clearer picture

Here is a non shopped version of the mock up. Its lacking those bs details.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

MysterX
As i say...faked ships, boats, subs, tanks, aircraft, even troops themselves have all been used successfully.

I understand that. Your premise is that they stick another ship inside this and lure other vessels into range. Again, I ask, who is going to fall for that? You think no one is going to notice a aircraft carrier transiting arguably the busiest shipping channel on the planet? Not to mention one of the narrowest and most heavily patrolled?

With the right situation, the right faked circumstances, the fact that the very idea of a super-carrier being faked and used as decoy would actually be a major advantange.

Layout the circumstances were anyone would be duped by a fake carrier hiding another ship. Please be detailed on how it would go unnoticed until it was time to strike.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

yuppa
reply to post by Bilk22

Iranian carrier clearer picture

Here is a non shopped version of the mock up. Its lacking those bs details.
Perfect. It's clear that CNN is part of the hoax or was duped for using that pic and producing that article. It's clear now that the pic in the article is phony and the whole premise is phony. I think I recall the Iranians were said to be trying to build their own carrier with the aid of the Chinese. CNN is using and promoting propaganda.

Here's another GE pic of the site. It looks nothing like that pic from the OP article.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Bilk22
Here's another GE pic of the site. It looks nothing like that pic from the OP article.

What is the time stamp on the picture? Bing has an entirely different view with additional vessels in the drydocks but either of these could be years old.

I also linked a dock-side photo of the painted mock up on the top of page two.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

is that like when the us got caught spoofing an iranian torpedo boat attack in the iraq war?
and it was a US navy boat masquerading as an iranian boat?

Yep. If we can't actually get them on anything, we'll just have to make some stuff up.

Gotta be some kind of clue…

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Need to see these together to see the obvious.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If they are in fact building a carrier, why would they randomly have some fighter jets just sitting on the deck of the carrier? Wouldn't that be something you'd bring to the ship once it was fully completed/built? Just doesn't make sense to have all these cranes, people building and 3 random fighter jets just sitting there... I call a fake here

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join