It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Iran building giant mock-up of U.S. aircraft carrier?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

amkia
It’s one of those stupid Israelis propaganda crap, but if it exist for real there will be only two type of use for it..

Link to another picture. Looks like they would have to fake the entire port area as well so it seems real to me.

Can someone else upload this please, not able to on my iPad.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

amkia
It was just a crude shape of a so called ship and I don’t believe that they manage to decorate it in matter of less than 48 hours.

Why?
We are bringing up a new 12 story building where I work and over a 48 hour period the external facade has totally changed.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Iran is like the little annoying dog that keeps barking at the big dog until the big dog finally gets tired of him and simply pisses on the little dog to make it shut up. Bunch of clowns to say the least !

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by Bilk22

Just noticed something about the pic on the right of the "mock up"… does anyone else think the shadow on the crane over the deck is at a different angle than the shadows on other cranes? Is it me or is the shadow off the bow wrong too?

edit on 22-3-2014 by intrptr because: chsnged
I guess one good way of debunking this would be to find that location on GE. Not that this alleged boat would be there, but it can be compared to what that pic looks like for discrepancies or even similarities, where the GE pic was used for the farce.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Bilk22
I guess one good way of debunking this would be to find that location on GE. Not that this alleged boat would be there, but it can be compared to what that pic looks like for discrepancies or even similarities, where the GE pic was used for the farce.

The person that posted that other link above has multiple different pics at various stages.
One of those links shows the ship being built at Cochin Shipyard which you can see on GE inluding this view right here which pretty much shows what we are talking about

Cochin Shipyard

edit on 2014pAmerica/Chicago3110pam by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Target Practice.................

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

opethPA
One of those links shows the ship being built at Cochin Shipyard...

The Cochin Shipyard is in India. Your link looks like this link which shows the Indians building a vessel and comes up when you search for 'Iranian Aircraft Carrier'.

Edit to add: your photo and the one I linked in this post are of the INS Vikrant which was laid down and built at the Cochin Shipyards.

edit on 22-3-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yes it is at a different angle.

That'll be down to the two Suns then..

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Only problem with that, is multiple pictures can be multiple fakes used to reinforce the..well, fake.

It's not hard to fake a photo these days, so it's not hard to fake multiple photos either...all of them can be created in an hour or less.

If so, you've just proved it as an effective tactic by using them to back up this fake image.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

opethPA

The Cochin Shipyard is in India. Your link looks like this link which shows the Indians building a vessel and comes up when you search for 'Iranian Aircraft Carrier'.

Good catch...After reading that and looking at a few other resources what about Bandar Abbas Naval Port?
Looking that up on GE now.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

opethPA
Good catch...After reading that and looking at a few other resources what about Bandar Abbas Naval Port?
Looking that up on GE now.

The port in the photo is to the south west of there. Past the coal port and near where route 94 curves up to the north west.

Edit to add: search for SAFF Offshore Industries Company, that is the complex.

edit on 22-3-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

opethPA

good eye

is that like when the us got caught spoofing an iranian torpedo boat attack in the iraq war?
and it was a US navy boat masquerading as an iranian boat?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
There is a mockup in a lake in China that is about 75-80% of full size. I don't remember which hull it was, but it even has fake aircraft on deck. It's a conference center/office building.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Danbones
good eye

is that like when the us got caught spoofing an iranian torpedo boat attack in the iraq war?
and it was a US navy boat masquerading as an iranian boat?

I do not think that is the case here. The phony aircraft carrier exists, I posted a link at the top of this page taken from dock-level. The Cochin picture seems like a case of mistaken identity as I believe the Indians are/were constructing their own carrier at one point.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

stirling
Target Practice.................

lol
with the american propensity for friendly fire:
target practice for which side?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
There is a conference center in a lake in China that is a 75% mockup of a Nimitz class, down to fake aircraft on deck.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

LeatherNLace
1) Training purposes
2) Movie set
3) To produce a propaganda video to show it's citizens. ("hey, look what we caught and/or destroyed")

Anybody that even thinks that remotely this thing is in the ballpark of a movie set has never actually been on a modern movie production set.
And I agree that training and propaganda clips will be used in conjunction with the vessel.
But I believe it is far more than just a prop, there is something more to this and looking closely to detail reveals more than meets the eye.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Perfect stranger

False Flag?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Useful as a fog of war tool though eh?

Imagine a couple of these replicas, built around the hull of a missile boat and floated out as a decoy.

Make a smoking hole or two in it's hull, flash that your comms and computers are damaged and out of action, mass casualties, taking on water and need assistance...carrier comes to the rescue and the hidden missiles fly...it wouldn't fool for very long, but long enough to create doubt and hesitancy in the event of war i'd bet.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

MysterX
Imagine a couple of these replicas, built around the hull of a missile boat and floated out as a decoy.

Make a smoking hole or two in it's hull, flash that your comms and computers are damaged and out of action, mass casualties, taking on water and need assistance...carrier comes to the rescue and the hidden missiles fly...it wouldn't fool for very long, but long enough to create doubt and hesitancy in the event of war i'd bet.

And who would fall for that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join