It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Iran building giant mock-up of U.S. aircraft carrier?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Commercial satellite images obtained by CNN reveal that Iran is constructing a large-scale replica of a U.S. military aircraft carrier, complete with fake U.S-style airplanes, near the southern port city of Bandar Abbas.

The mock supercarrier seems to have been modeled off of an American Nimitz-class (CVN 68) carrier, down to the number "68" painted on the flight deck, though its intended use remains a mystery.

Pretty Crazy... Possible mock up for propaganda? hmmm

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Perfect stranger

Well, I would say that the chances are that they are going to either use it as target practice, or simply set it to sea, sail it at something expensive, and owned by some other country, and set it on fire.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Why not..? I am sure it is for training purpose!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

TrueBrit
Well, I would say that the chances are that they are going to either use it as target practice...

I agree, it seems to be the focus of a future propaganda video.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Anywhere is it stated as that it is a mockup? Not that I believe they can produce a large carrier, but all I seem to find regarding the mockup is the article, nothing tangible to go with. Imagine if it were real?
Keep an eye on it.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
1) Training purposes
2) Movie set
3) To produce a propaganda video to show it's citizens. ("hey, look what we caught and/or destroyed")

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Have no clue as to why they are doing such, however, even a mock up could have some value.

The first is that the US has no real intelligence on what Iran is or is not capable of. After all the US was caught off guard when Iran launched a satellite into orbit, and other items into outer space. To say that they do not have the capacity to do something, in a country where there is little to no actual intelligence data, is the signs of desperation at its worst.

There is some value in a mock up, the first is that most ships of that line have to be balanced, they have to be engineered for where parts go, and if it is for just propaganda, we will see such soon, as the airwaves are often monitored. However, what if it is to test designs, to find flaws and make their own aircraft carrier, then it would be a game changer.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Its going to be a monument. After they sink all the American Carriers in the gulf they will need a symbol to glorify the event.

(sarcasm off)

Training purposes (boarding exercises). Or biggest ever movie prop.

Does it float? Why is is being built in what apparently is their ship yard?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

By Laura Koran

The author's name is Koran? Is this some kinda of a joke?

I like how they have crystal clear images of an alleged boat yet cant find a "missing" plane...

Are we supposed to believe that the thing on the right is a life size image of the carrier (on the left)?

Is looks so... fake.

edit on 22-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

gladtobehere

By Laura Koran

Is this some kinda of a joke?

I like how they have crystal clear images of an alleged boat yet cant find a "missing" plane...

Are we supposed to believe that the thing on the right is a life size image of the carrier (on the left)?

Is looks so... fake.

edit on 22-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording
I agree. I think this is American media propaganda influenced by Israel. That is a blurred picture of a model.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

gladtobehere

I know right..I mean I can't see why a stationary land locked item where know the coordinates would be easier to find then say a plane where you only have theories on where it might be.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Take a look at the planes on the flight deck.

Is it just me, or does the plane on the left look "blurry"? Almost as if it was photoshopped in, poorly?
edit on 22-3-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

sheepslayer247
Take a look at the planes on the flight deck.

Is it just me, or does the plane on the left look "blurry"? Almost as if it was photoshopped in, poorly?
edit on 22-3-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)
What's with the buildings on the left? They looked burned out. Actually that whole darker region looks odd. And look at the three cranes, they're oriented exactly the same except the one closest to the boat and they have some odd object or what ever at the tip that is also identical in form. This is a hoax pic. Way worse than some of the UFO stuff. Where's the debunkers when you need them? LOL

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

opethPA

gladtobehere

I know right..I mean I can't see why a stationary land locked item where know the coordinates would be easier to find then say a plane where you only have theories on where it might be.
It's a blurry satellite pic of a "stationary" object and location under the sun in the ME? Come on. This is a bogus pic. That should look crystal clear. They can read a license plate with a satellite. If this were real it would look much different. It looks like it was taken with a 1950s Kodak.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Bilk22
It's a blurry satellite pic of a "stationary" object and location under the sun in the ME? Come on. This is a bogus pic. That should look crystal clear. They can read a license plate with a satellite. If this were real it would look much different. It looks like it was taken with a 1950s Kodak.

It was alleged to be taken with a commercial satellite, do you know which one?
Do you know what the capabilities of that satellite were?
What about the weather conditions when it was taken. Just because it is sunny doesn't mean their can't be haze or glare..see any hot day in the summer for that.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Couple of days ago when the Reuters published it there was no landing/take off guiding stripes on the deck let alone fighter jets. It was just a crude shape of a so called ship and I don’t believe that they manage to decorate it in matter of less than 48 hours.

It’s one of those stupid Israelis propaganda crap, but if it exist for real there will be only two type of use for it..

- Training (as I said it earlier).

- Floating platform to install handful of hidden short and medium range missiles inside it to teach those retarded Wahhabi /Zionist instigators in Persian Gulf some lesson they’ll never forget.

Cheers to that.

edit on 22-3-2014 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

opethPA

Bilk22

It was alleged to be taken with a commercial satellite, do you know which one?
Do you know what the capabilities of that satellite were?
What about the weather conditions when it was taken. Just because it is sunny doesn't mean their can't be haze or glare..see any hot day in the summer for that.
Yeah ok. Some commercial enterprise would send up a multimillion dollar satellite with a 1950s Kodak. That's exactly what it looks like. The pic is worthless and anything that alleged satellite would take pics of are also worthless. Nice try.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Just noticed something about the pic on the right of the "mock up"… does anyone else think the shadow on the crane over the deck is at a different angle than the shadows on other cranes? Is it me or is the shadow off the bow wrong too?

edit on 22-3-2014 by intrptr because: chsnged

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Bilk22
Yeah ok. Some commercial enterprise would send up a multimillion dollar satellite with a 1950s Kodak. That's exactly what it looks like. The pic is worthless and anything that alleged satellite would take pics of are also worthless. Nice try.

I am not trying anything..I asked questions trying to form a better opinion on this scenario and you don't have answers. Since I am a firm believer in what Occam taught us I don't automatically think that pic is a fake just because I don't like America or insert some other country .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join