It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Informal poll: Do you use ATS dark or white backgrounds?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
dark, the white is too bright for these old eyes.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Dark, it's more mysterious for a top secret site.
The white is too commercial and boring for me.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Looks like over 50 for the dark and maybe 7 for the light. LOL

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
White is a strain on my eyes, a dark background is much more soothing. It comes up white until I sign in.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I forgot there was even a possibility of switching to the white background. The only reason I can think of to use such a background is for printing so you don't waste ink printing the dark background. I rarely or never print anything on this site though. I've been on the dark side so long, everything else is totally alien and too bright.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Dark for the same reasons. I can read all day with light text on a dark background, without any eye strain.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Dark

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Dark, got used to it, and it looks much better imo

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I always use a dark background whenever possible.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
For years whenever I perused ATS it always had defaulted to white and I never realized there was a choice. It wasn't until I finally registered an account and logged in that it changed to the dark theme. The dark is soo much nicer and easier on the eyes, much more fitting I think for the theme of this site as well.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Dark. White background shouldn't be default. They should just offer like a dozen colors to choose from.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Sonder
For years whenever I perused ATS it always had defaulted to white and I never realized there was a choice. It wasn't until I finally registered an account and logged in that it changed to the dark theme. The dark is soo much nicer and easier on the eyes, much more fitting I think for the theme of this site as well.

Good point. Maybe after the comments here, and the overwhelming preference for the dark grey, SkepticO and others may consider changing the non-member look. It might draw in lots of new members who like the "feeling" and the less-eye-strainable presentation.

When I log out and have to log in again I always hurry to get away from the uncomfortalbe look (to me) of ATS on the white background.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Dark, always. Don't know why they didn't make the dark as the default. I mentioned this in another thread ages ago, but see White is still the default.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Must agree about the dark.

When I first came to ATS, I was annoyed with the dark. Silly me. Then I noted that IIRC, the 3 Amigos read research about eye strain etc. and learned that dark was easier on the eyes etc. So I gave it another chance.

Now, it's easy. The white is jarring, jangly, . . . a definite strain on my older eyes.

If I had to read ATS with a white background, I'd probably reduce my time hereon by 98%.

It's just not even a 'mostly' thing. It's an absolutely greater preference by far.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Dark, definitely dark. Everyone's said it already, but the white is too glaring, and not sinister enough for conspiracies.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
This is my 5th year at ATS so I stick with dark. Its what I'm used to, I always go on here at night before bed on my phone, so the dark screen is best. When I've accidentally changed it to white on the mobile version I change it back asap, its too blinding and seems too "busy" to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

i wish this site had an actual polling option when creating a thread, where you could pick a bubble in a multiple choice selection and see the standing results, ive seen this on other forums,

otherwise theres no option but for everyone to count each and every post in a thread to get the tally, tedious and time consuming.

black is easier on the eyes.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

I was going to add the preferences up when a few more check in, but black/dark gray is the overwhelming choice of ATS connoisseurs.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

I was going to add the preferences up when a few more check in, but black/dark gray is the overwhelming choice of ATS connoisseurs.

here is an example of another forums which has a polling system the members are free to use in thread creation
minecraft.resolve.me.uk...

simple and easy, and those are CHEAP forums, i wonder why ats doesn't allow us such a feature

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Dark.

Reminds me of the old version.

Dark background and ATS just feels right somehow.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join