It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knuckle Dusters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Okay .. I admit it .. I love watching Pawn Stars . I know it's fake reality TV, but the items that come through are fun. I love history. A while back they had a 'knuckle duster' come through. I thought it was adorable. I know it doesn't have much oooomph, but i really liked it. Here's a picture that looks like the one that came through the G&S Pawn Shop -

It's small. It can hide in your hand. It has the pinky brass knuckle. Sure it doesn't have much firepower. But in a sticky close situation you can get the surprise factor and one good shot is all it needs.

So I looked around and found this one as well -

I thought that was awesome fun. The gun. The knife. The knuckles.
Hidden and small and a 'surprise' for the bad guys.

I'm not talking about for home protection or big power.
But honestly .. these are so cute and stealthy ... I like 'em.
I now have the first one on my Christmas wish list for 2014.

Not that exact one, but a new one just like it.

(I have a glock 9 mil for survival/protection ... but this would be nice for hidden in the pocket, I think)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I can see getting something like this for the novelty and to collect.. But actually carrying it in any capacity would just be a waste of pocket space, imo.

You can get an LCP or similar that would take up the same amount of space and provide a lot more firepower.

Definitely a cool firearm and neat piece of history. I can't stand the pawn shop reality show but if Antiques Road Show is on chances are I'm watching it. =]

Just for reference this is a 2-shot Derringer and an NAA pocket pistol. In regards to size they are all really close, but with the LCP you get 7 shots of .380 ACP.

edit on 21-3-2014 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Those are both beautiful!

I absolutely love old guns. Such attention to detail that is sadly lacking these days.

I also am a sucker for that show.

edit on 21-3-2014 by Jefferton because: spelling

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

OHHH ... I like the little black one on the bottom of that picture.
I wonder if it comes in pink?

I bet that could fit in my hand .. nice and small.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I used to have an lcp...I hated shooting it...I could wear it to a pool though in tshirt and shorts and flip flops and no one knew i had it. Eventually switched to a Kahr CW 9mm which was probably one of the best hand guns ive ever come across.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

LCP isn't for range time or shooting regularly. It's just meant to be an OH SH** backup when the situation calls for it. I don't like shooting it either, but as you said you can very, very easily hide it.

OP - you should look at Derringers if you like that.. Lots of options out there, and about as tiny as they get.

Personally I'll keep my CZ 75 Compact in .40 for EDC. My backup is a Bersa Thunder .380.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Those little guns re cool as hell.I think many of them were designed for card players in the old west saloons.I can see the surviving ones finding their way to that Las Vegas pawn shop.
PS.I like the show too for the neat old items but I just can't stand Chu Lee!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

FlyersFan

OHHH ... I like the little black one on the bottom of that picture.
I wonder if it comes in pink?

I bet that could fit in my hand .. nice and small.

It sure does:

Pink Cobra .25 ACP derringer pistol

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

OMG .. that's sooooo cute! And in PINK. It looks like something a Barbie Doll would have.
$160. Not bad. I could even put little flower power stickers on it.
(the tough guys here are probably cringing at the thought of a pink gun with flower stickers .. ha ha)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by projectvxn

OMG .. that's sooooo cute! And in PINK. It looks like something a Barbie Doll would have.
$160. Not bad. I could even put little flower power stickers on it.
(the tough guys here are probably cringing at the thought of a pink gun with flower stickers .. ha ha)

I don't know if I quality as a "tough guy" but I'm not cringing.. Get a firearm that suits you. Practice with and know how to use it in a pinch. Be responsible and safe and pray you never have to use it.

But if you want a real shooter definitely get something bigger. Bigger typically means more comfortable to shoot and more accurate. Get it in Barbie Doll Pink and cover it with stickers of unicorns for all I care. =]

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

But actually carrying it in any capacity would just be a waste of pocket space,

Not to mention that trying to fire any of these antique weapons would be exceedingly dangerous....the reason that so few of these mini personal protection firearms have survived, is most of them blew up in the hands of the shooter.

I can't stand the pawn shop reality show but if Antiques Road Show is on chances are I'm watching it.

You aren't alone in that....ARS is a guilty pleasure of mine as well.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

TinkerHaus
But if you want a real shooter definitely get something bigger. Bigger typically means more comfortable to shoot and more accurate. Get it in Barbie Doll Pink and cover it with stickers of unicorns for all I care. =

I've already got a cold black Glock 9 mil. No stickers on it.

I just saw these Knuckle Dusters on Pawn Stars the other day and I thought they were awesome fun.
Hidden in the hand surprise. Antique. And the one with the knife on the end ... that's bada$$.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I've already got a cold black Glock 9 mil.
reply to post by FlyersFan

LOL....how do you like it?

I'm running the Glock 23 .40 cal....I have never had a better handgun to be honest...no breakdowns after almost 650 rounds.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I would honestly say you should buy a .380 ACP semi auto pistol with an 8 or 10 round mag or two.

There are places that will apply a duracoat finish on your weapon in any color you want and even stencil designs of your choosing onto it.

You're not really limited in color and design when it comes to weapons anymore.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I've been looking at the CZ for an EDC. Hear good things about them.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

Do it, you'll never regret it. I prefer a full alloy frame, but CZ has some polymer models too.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here's mine I think some here would appreciate this one...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I've seen these before. They are really nice looking. I wouldn't carry it for protection, but it would be easy to sneak out of your pocket in a close struggle with someone. It also looks like something a Hollywood assassin would put in his sleeve for a close head shot kill. There would be no room for misfire though. In my opinion it's only a collector item.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

ODarkThirty
In my opinion it's only a collector item.

That's why I have the Glock 9 mil .. for the home protection.
This would be just for me. And I think it's adorable.
And yes .... I'd like it pink. I can't help it. It seems right.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

SLAYER69
Here's mine I think some here would appreciate this one...

I certainly appreciate it! Oh yea the gun is pretty too...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join