It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I, Human

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I hear ya...

What bothers me is that we are heading into this without too much forethought/discussion in public forums such as ATS. I'm sure there will be many wonderful advancements, I'm just a little concerned about potential abuse.
edit on 21-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The human race is almost child-like. We are so innocent to what discoveries we have found. Our knowledge has out-raced our wisdom in terms of scientific discovery.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Starwise

We are heading into uncharted territory where these wonderful advancements could potentially be perverted into something we may not be able to deal with. We are right on the edge of this strange new world. If this is all presently coming to pass I wonder what the world will look like in 2114
Absolutely true! Especially if the people have not been taught the truth about themselves, and where we came from. It could turn into a technological enslavement.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Resistance is futile

That's all I can think of when I read this stuff, it's uberfacinating but scary as heck as well in the wrong hands..

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

ketsuko
I remember listening to my local talker a couple mornings ago. He was talking about the brain implants that could potentially just instantly look up and deliver any knowledge you needed straight into your brain as soon as you needed it....

My first thought was, "If we get so used to just having any existing knowledge and skill we want dumped into our head whenever we want it ... what happens if we just forget how to learn for ourselves? Will we actually stop learning how to, well, learn and acquire new knowledge for ourselves?"

It's potentially much closer than one could possibly imagine...
Experimental Tool Uses Light To Tweak The Living Brain

When President Obama announced his BRAIN Initiative in April, he promised to give scientists "the tools they need to get a dynamic picture of the brain in action."

An early version of one of those tools already exists, scientists say. It's a relatively new set of techniques called optogenetics that allows researchers to control the activity of brain cells using light.

"This is fantastic," says Elizabeth Hillman, a biomedical engineer at Columbia University. "We can turn things on, turn things off, read stuff out." In short, she says, it provides a way to observe and control what brain circuits are doing in real time in a living brain.

I remember some classes that this would have been awesome to have had though

edit on 21-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

FriedBabelBroccoli
Just for you Slayer:

Thank you for posting the video, I couldnt find it while posting.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Welcome to the gates of Heaven....

Science will take us there...we will walk in the halls of the gods, augmented demi-gods ourselves... And we will reach for the Hand of the Creator, and walk along the shining shores of Forever...

Scarcity brings Fear...and Fear brings Hate...but this will pass...

So, rejoice....when there is no longer Scarcity, and Fear is no more....then will come Heaven as we have only envisioned in our dreams, and the Salvation of all Individual Conscious Awareness throughout all time and space, man and machine, will be undertaken and achieved...has already been done...

The Machine is just the finished product of the Evolution of Mind in Matter...and we are its future Co-Creators...

edit on 21-3-2014 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

An early version of one of those tools already exists, scientists say. It's a relatively new set of techniques called optogenetics that allows researchers to control the activity of brain cells using light.

I have seen the neuralyzer. It is a real device...uses light and a bit more I imagine... Had it used on me when I was young...feels like someone poked you in the eye, then things get real fuzzy for a while and you cant remember anything that was said during that time...

I assume they put it into modern day movies, (along with a lot of other things), as a way to neutralize it as a believable thing...

It's real...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

dlbott

Yea people get hyped up rfid chips lol. Forget that lol... The stuff will be living in your bloodstream and powered by your body. They will know everything about you, everything. You will be able to heal yourself, change your eye and hair color and yes even the way you look. Nanotechnology with the DNA id of your own living cells. Built right in. They will monitor your heart and clear and or repair it when needed. Your colon the same way. In essence on board doctors making you virtually immortal. If something does fail you simply grow the part you need.

This is already being done today. Nanotechnology is poised to change the world. Change color and shape of your car while you drive it. Your clothes will be tech and can make you invisible or change to suit the temp and weather conditions.

We literally won't recognize life in twenty years if we make it that long. Think sci-fi movies on steroids. Like elysium for instance. Problems are if you are poor you are just out of luck. I thought the whole point of tech was to get rid of the need for money lol.... Guess the greedy ones would rather die than give up their power and money.

The Bot

For the elites, yeah, but methinks the rest of us common folk will get charged like nothing before for those medical procedures

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Go beyond....take science to it's ultimate culmination.... There is time for it in the cosmos...
The end of scarcity of resource and technology will bring and end to Fear and it's deeper evils...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

beezzer

I think these advances are wonderful.

But. . . .

I worry about the potential abuses. . . .

Great thread Slayer.

Beez,

This is the first thing that came to my mind when I read your post.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Slayer, your threads are always spectacular. I learn something new everytime, thanks for all the hard work you put in to them. You are appreciated!

Bookmarked this one for when I get home from work.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Khurzon

I'm not sure how the Machine/Human evolution will eventually turn out but one thing's for sure.
It's not natural

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

To me there is not one example of any wonderful technology. It reads to me like a lot of R&D promotion, many of the projects been researched for decades they are still useless and cannot be applied at the current time. Many of the media stories noted are misleading.
The obsession with technology, research and development is this "intelligence " going to stop humanity from another world war or stop them from killing and maiming each other?
Is the future going to save us? The future is imagination don't wait, the NOW is real and this unhealthy fixation on technology as it is now ( for profit, control of others and destruction)can save humanity is pure insanity.
I am surprised but very pleased an authoritative group has spoken out against the path of continued "insane intelligence".

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

A Human Being is but one example of Natures most advanced forms of the Natural Machine...

Evolution has produced a mind that can manipulate the environment to create new things...some in its own image...maybe some with an awareness of its own...machines with Minds of their own.

In any case they are the natural product of naturally evolved intelligence...

Are you saying that what creative intelligence makes is not a natural thing, when nature has designed it to do this, and do it well?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

I'll give you one lovely example of what good technology can do... It's called the Cochlear Implant, and it gives hearing to some who have never heard a thing in their life...

I am not in denial of the potential for evil with technology... Mankind has, does, and will use it for Ill things, and if we are very unlucky, we will destroy ourselves with it before we can reach the level in our evolution where we have the wisdom to overcome our scarcity driven villany...

Just maybe we will overcome our self destructive nature on our own...

Or perhaps we will need help from another race who has already reached this level... Perhaps they will send a representative who will mediate our future away from the path of destruction...a Messiah of sorts...

Perhaps we shall be "saved" from our own destruction by beings who have reached a level where Fear is no longer a factor in their decisions...and Compassion rules the day...

I for one will not hope or fear the other side of that coin...for to me, the future of science, beyond ignorance is ruled by Love..Not Fear Driven Hate...it's just a matter of overcoming our darker side, and the scarcity that drives it...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Gives me an idea for a new song. Goes something like this: "Borg, Borg, Borgiddy-Boogiddy, Borg, Borg, Borg..." You get the idea.

Seriously, as secrecy-worshiping, beyond-insanely greedy and otherwise corrupt as far too many powerful freakazoids on this rock are, we REALLY need to get away from the sick fantasy of technology as a savior, if only it can be possible. Sure, we need to think in terms of higher science and knowledge in general, higher energy, WISDOM (what a concept), truth, justice, love, peace etc., but there's nothing resembling salvation in the "almighty" high tech just for the sake of high tech, or effectively, or to any significant enough degree. ENOUGH ALREADY, to astronomically understate it!
edit on 21-3-2014 by Lightworth because: spelling

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Khurzon
reply to post by BDBinc

Or perhaps we will need help from another race who has already reached this level... Perhaps they will send a representative who will mediate our future away from the path of destruction...

Maybe we should not just wait for aliens to save us from ourselves, we can do that ourselves, now not in the future. Your thinking leads you to disempowerment which was what the mind control used on you was for.
Lost imagining the future while ignoring the present is not the answer.
The technology of the present mentioned (not old cochlear implants) is driven by greed, conflict,power, defense and resistance these are not the drivers humanity needs for technology.
Scientism is a religion.
Perhaps the higher consciousness is here NOW -only people are not awake -still conditioned to dream about the future and miss out on life as it is in the moment.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

BDBinc

Khurzon
reply to post by BDBinc

Or perhaps we will need help from another race who has already reached this level... Perhaps they will send a representative who will mediate our future away from the path of destruction...

Maybe we should not just wait for aliens to save us from ourselves, we can do that ourselves, now not in the future. Your thinking leads you to disempowerment which was what the mind control used on you was for.
Lost imagining the future while ignoring the present is not the answer.
The technology of the present mentioned (not old cochlear implants) is driven by greed, conflict,power, defense and resistance these are not the drivers humanity needs for technology.
Scientism is a religion.
Perhaps the higher consciousness is here NOW -only people are not awake -still conditioned to dream about the future and miss out on life as it is in the moment.

You originally stated that "To me there is not one example of any wonderful technology." and even though it is not on Slayer69's cutting edge list, the implant is still a good example of how technology is sometimes quite wonderful.
Your attempt to downspin by calling it "old" is just an attempt to demean my post because I dared to give a rebuttal to your opinion.

You Cherry picked a paragraph from another of my posts, thereby taking it out of context, and ignored my statements that "Just maybe we will overcome our self destructive nature on our own..." which speaks to your diatribe about dealing with the here and now, but its short and with much less venom. (Big word disempowerment...to bad it didn't apply)

And that Ad hominem bit about mind control... You really are a venomous type, aren't you.

You said, "The technology of the present mentioned is driven by greed, conflict, power, defense and resistance these are not the drivers humanity needs for technology." (where did you get those facts?)
All of the motives you mentioned are derived from scarcity in the form of security...

And I am not just "Dreaming" of the future; I am speculating, based on logic, reason and intuitive deduction. The mission of science is to place handles on all aspects of the reality we live in...to give us better control over our environment...if you follow the trend, into the future, given enough time it will put handles on all aspects of reality, including time itself...

If our species survives its own race with technology, we will put handles on the universe...as grand as that sounds...given time it can happen. These current advancements, as cutting edge as they seem are just one more step on the ladder.

It is also my belief that panspermia is just one way in which life is delivered to the entire cosmos, and with so many possibilities for life out there, it would be rather naïve to think there aren't extraterrestrials...

Personally I have grave doubts about our survival as a species...
The meeting with aliens or whatever they may be...well, that is in my opinion inevitable.

I am not familiar with scientism...

And I assure you that I and my wife do not miss out on one minute of the here and now...

e.t.a. I think your right Slayer, we have a lot to think about with these new technologies and where they will lead... There may be trouble ahead, but if we can manage ourselves with Wisdom and Compassion then perhaps it will be a good thing...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
You did not invent the 30 year old implants so its unclear why you are so angry.
Its also not clear what you found to be scarce in technology.
As you are situated in the present you are just dreaming/imagining the future.
As you can see if we cannot have a discussion with wisdom & compassion present about the direction technology is going now without conflict on ATS how would you expect aliens to save you/humans (in the future) from your own ideas, conflicts and creations.
Wisdom and compassion you say, excellent idea in applying in all situations and the beauty of them is you don't need to wait( or imagine aliens in the future will save man from his own ideas/beliefs).
I agree with you if you are saying wisdom and compassion are lacking in the field of technology & R&D.

edit on 21-3-2014 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join