It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian number station UVB-76 went active last night.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I was able to capture audio from 4727 LSB recorded at 10:22am Pacific time, 5:22pm Greenwich Mean Time. HERE is the recording.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by schweizer

Yes I heard it too, that sounds like it's on a different frequency and it didn't sound English to me. I've started a thread on this www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thanks for doing that. I've just gone there and posted the newest recording captured just a few minutes ago. Definitely not English.
I'm listening online from websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901...

Anyway, back to the Buzzer. I was listening yesterday and noticed a change in pitch at the top of the hour. Musically speaking, it went off a half-step, like going from a "C" note to a C-sharp. I have heard that before and wondered if it is coincidence or designed to do that.
edit on 20-3-2014 by schweizer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by schweizer

Thanks for posting the link to the web scanner!

i was listening to UVB-76, decided to have a look about the band, i went to go back to UVB-76 and accidentally typed in 4725khz, pressed return and their was a number station in the middle of a broadcast!

It was a very low pitch artificially pitched down) American male voice reading phonetic alphabet.

mind=blown!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hearing stuff at 4724 USB right now.. Sounds crazy. I have no idea what they are actually saying I mean, what these codewords correspond to.. Words like Delta, Foxtrot, Juliette. I guess they could be talking about pretty much everything..

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
There is morse code on freq 4662.95

Can anyone translate any of it? It's too fast for me to write it down. Just curious.
edit on 20-3-2014 by tpsreporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You know you can hit record and make a wav file?
It labels it with the frequency. Pretty handy.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tpsreporter

I can record it, only i still can't write the code down fast enough to plug it into a translator, was just curious if anyone who was better at it had an idea. It's labeled so its not some secret discovery i was simply curious is all.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

It's labeled as a US Air Force station. it's on 4724.00

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

scrog77
It's started again so if anyone wants to listen go there now, 4724 now with a man's American accent. I'm recording again.

edit on 20-3-2014 by scrog77 because: (no reason given)
Ok so I've saved the audio to my PC, anyone know how I can upload to here, I've tried youtube but it won't let me, saying it's audio only ?
And it's started again!
I'm currently uploading to youtube now. Is anyone else getting this ?
Ok guy's listen to this and let me know what you think, here's the audio, but I'd like to know why this is being broadcast, if I hadn't landed on this frequency I'd have missed it as there's no buzz like the UVB-76 ?

And this is the second one, very strange indeed,

the way "Quebec", and "Papa" are pronounced leads me to believe that it's NOT american-run, or even americans reading off the messages...maybe canadian, one of the spanish-speaking countries, or maybe english, without the accents?.....could also be NATO.....

OR, and this is the funny bit....all of these stations we're getting all worked up over could just be a bunch of old school trolls, who have been taking everyone for a ride for decades....sad bastards living in basements, who have literally made it their life's ambition to screw with people, lol

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I just recorded a few minutes of that morse code stuff but I have no clue as to where to upload it or how to translate it...

Anyone?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by scrog77

in regards to that American Air Force numbers station at 4724 here is some information.

They end with call sign "MAIN SAIL"

wiki.radioreference.com...

The USAF High Frequency Global Communications System is a worldwide network of 15 high-power HF stations providing command and control communications between ground agencies and US military aircraft and ships. Allied military and other aircraft are also provided support IAW agreements and international protocols as appropriate. The HFGCS is not dedicated to any service or command, but supports all DoD authorized users on a traffic precedence/priority basis.

Aircrews use a preliminary call as outlined in ACP-121 US Supp 2 using the collective callsign "MAINSAIL" or the HFGCS station call sign (example: Sigonella Global this is Dark 86 on 11175, OVER). HFGCS operators require approximately 10 seconds (for automated equipment configuration) to respond to calls for service. The HFGCS operator may request the aircraft change to a discrete frequency for improved and/or extended service.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by makkerskilap

I looked that one up too, some sort of Uzbekistani radio station, still don't know what the code says.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

makkerskilap
Hearing stuff at 4724 USB right now.. Sounds crazy. I have no idea what they are actually saying I mean, what these codewords correspond to.. Words like Delta, Foxtrot, Juliette. I guess they could be talking about pretty much everything..

google points to it not being a numberstation, but rather a more well known channel used by the us military emergency frequency and they always use it like this... maybe next time!

Ive found some interesting stuff, ive had to put it off for a bit

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tpsreporter

Well that's out there lol. I wonder what they are "morse coding" from over there!
Can you translate it if I upload the file somewhere?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Oh alright!
But still, somekind of emergency service channel.. Emergency service channel for what?
Gotta be military when they use those words...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If you are looking to upload a sound file to share here, make a free account on SoundCloud.com.

The messages we are hearing on 4725 are from the US Air Force. I've posted some discussion in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

in a nutshell, these messages are known as EAMs or Emergency Action Messages. There are two excellent write-ups on these messages. Further reading here: mt-milcom.blogspot.com...

and here: www.udxf.nl... skip specifically to page 3.

The broadcasts that I'm hearing follow the pattern described on page 3 of said PDF. I heard the guy say "Skyking Skyking, do not answer." According to everything I've read, that means it is a legitimate, highly classified, urgent EAM- not a test or practice.
edit on 20-3-2014 by schweizer because: fixed hyperlinks

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by makkerskilap

I translated some of what i had recorded and it was just a random string of letters,

HPIFGIVRFU

and so on. Unless i'm translated it wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Morse code

This is the alleged morse code I recorded tonight... As I said I have no idea what it means, if anything.
But even if its just numbers, the numbers still have to correspond to something, right?
Why do it if it has no meaning..

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

flucker
UZB76 has gone silent. I heard beeps for the last ten minutes now there is nothing.

I was an active ham radio operator during the time of the Soviet/US "Cold War." A few number stations operated within the bands allocated to ham radio.

This is not a good thing.

My youngest and I heard some really crazy stuff on her radio a couple months ago while I was trying to fine tune a station for her about two months ago. Did some poking around and it sounded like a backwards music station. I don't know how her radio picked it up. It was pretty freaky and no great surprise, she hasn't used her radio since. lol.

These kind of things are pretty darn weird.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join