It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready for the Madness?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The MARCH MADNESS that is??? I understand that sports threads on ATS typically have a rather short shelf life and are quickly killed off. I also understand that the majority of users on ATS are not sports fans, I believe 98.2% hate sports or find sports stupid, well, this thread likely isn't for you, but is for the 1.8% who actually want a 'go to' thread to talk college basketball as the greatest sports event is upon us.

I love college basketball, I've followed it for sometime now and I will be glued to my TV over the next 3 weeks taking in as many games as I can. I'm a big Michigan State Spartans fan, and they are my pick to win it all.

I want this chat to be about the tourney or any team in the tourney. Feel free to share your thoughts on any of the games, players, matchups, etc. I look forward to hearing all your takes, well all 1.8% of you

I would also like to hear who people have penciled in for their Final Four, National Champ game and Winner...

For me I have Michigan State, Louisville, Florida and Arizona. My Champ game will be MSU vs Louisville with MSU winning...

GO GREEN!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I was going 2 say 100 precent would find this ridiculous but it is their choice...... I pick U of A.

edit on 17-3-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There's gonna be a repeat!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TerrorAlertRed

U make me LOL. (watch I'm gonna...) LOL.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TerrorAlertRed

Your team, like mine, was HORRIBLY seeded in this tourney... It's funny that 2 of the #4 seeds happen to be 2 of the favorites to win the whole thing... Seems everyone likes your squad and mine

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

minusinfinity
I was going 2 say 100 precent would find this ridiculous but it is their choice...... I pick U of A.

edit on 17-3-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

I have them in my final four so I do believe they are good, but they haven't looked right over the last 2-3 weeks...

And you are right, I think it is even closer to 100%...hahahaha Sports and ATS don't really go together

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't know anything but I will bet 100 million ATS dollars on U of A Wildcats.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Florida
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Louisville

Florida vs Louisville

Florida wins it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm pulling for Wichita State, not because I'm a Wichita State fan. I grew up in Kansas, and I'm actually a Kansas State fan, but even though my team made it, they've been horribly erratic in their play, and they are matched against Kentucky and then ... Wichita State. I hate to be a turncoat, but I can't stand how they ousted Frank Martin for Bruce Weber. So, I'm picking Wichita State over my own 'Cats (assuming my 'Cats can even beat Kentucky's 'Cats).

Besides, Wichita State has three return players and they are much more consistent in their play.

If Wichita State somehow manages a one and done, then I'll back my 'Cats, but they likely won't go very far at all.

And the one team I absolutely, positively DO NOT want to go anywhere is KU.

Other than that, I don't care.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I guess I'll add that my husband did a bracket. He's a biostatistician, which means a number cruncher. He came up with three formulas based on some stats and weighting he thought were important and used it to fill out his bracket, relying on numbers alone just to see what would happen.

Right now, he has UCLA winning it all in a final match featuring UCLA and Creighton?

We'll see how that goes. I told him if he really wants to see how effective his approach is, he needs to remember his formulae and tweak his bracket as time goes on to see what percentage of matches it can really predict. Then, maybe he can tweak it for next year.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

ketsuko
I guess I'll add that my husband did a bracket. He's a biostatistician, which means a number cruncher. He came up with three formulas based on some stats and weighting he thought were important and used it to fill out his bracket, relying on numbers alone just to see what would happen.

Right now, he has UCLA winning it all in a final match featuring UCLA and Creighton?

We'll see how that goes. I told him if he really wants to see how effective his approach is, he needs to remember his formulae and tweak his bracket as time goes on to see what percentage of matches it can really predict. Then, maybe he can tweak it for next year.

I'm sure UCLA vs Creighton would be a totally unique guess

I know many on this site don't get excited about this tourney, but I just love the whole 3 week event from start to finish...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

He said he wasn't satisfied because he couldn't find anything online in the time he had that could stand in for a representation of bench depth which he considers important.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Kansas all the way!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

You have a reasonable F4, but I think Michigan will beat Louisville in the E8.

The final will be Florida v Arizona, with Sean Miller and the Wildcats taking the trophy back to Tucson.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

You got your 4th Avenue 'riot' gear ready yet?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Best rivalry in college basketball...

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

TerrorAlertRed
Best rivalry in college basketball...

I agree and being a fellow Kentuckian, I found watching the game last night painful because I do love both teams. Sadly for you the 'Cats surprised just about everyone in that game.
I know, nobody is supposed to support both teams, lots of folks tell me, "You gotta make up your mind." but I do love watching both play and I'm just hoping to keep the NCAA title in the Commonwealth another year. Had I been a betting woman I would have put a buck on UL because I really believed that their experience would carry the night. Boy was I wrong again. But I'm happy knowing that we've still got a team in the running.

top topics

join