It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomnod.com Sighting .... Wtf is this plane doing here? Could this be Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by parad0x122

probably an airplane in flight but I flagged it just the same...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There is no way that plane would be in one piece landing in the heavily forested area. There is no path/road/runway leading there to "drive" it there to hide it. Is it possible it was a plane flying there when the satellite picture was taken? Awesome find for whomever found it, I just can't wrap my head around how it could have gotten there if it is at a standstill.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The paint job doesn't match.

Malaysia Airlines has a White tail and white rear body section....this has dark paint. It can't be the same flight.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Clearly not MH370. That is, unless a Citroen 2CV can look like a Ferrari.

But an understandable "flag", good to see the scrutiny though of how a 777 looks from above.
edit on 17-3-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Submitted this link to Drudge.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Flyingclaydisk
As a matter of fact, I think at one point Google even asked its user community to refrain from calling in aircraft as "crashed" when they were actually most likely just in-flight.

Interesting! Wonder why they asked only at one point and dont have a disclaimer plastered somewhere (do they)?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I could be wrong but to me that plane is flying. We don't see any trails of it landing there, and with all those trees the plane would have been destroyed into pieces.

IMO that plane is flying.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

1.) The plane is quite obviously in air. The tip of the plane is covering the tops of the trees.

2.) The wing shape is different than the missing flight. The wings on your image are straight in back angled in front. Wings on the Malaysian flight are swept back slightly.

Nice find, but unfortunately not the missing flight.
edit on 17-3-2014 by andr3w68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The plane may not be the missing Malaysian Airlines flight 370, but it definitely does no hurt to report the image to authorities and the media.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

gardener

parad0x122

Tomnod Map #655896

Lat: 11.577303 Long: 92.680922

Nayashahar RV, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India 744105

Does anybody know if MEDIA has covered it? This is HUGE and should ALREADY be all over the Associated Press by now!

yes, becaus there could impossibly be other planes.
Come on guys I like all the theories, but this on can just be any plane, and the wings don't even fit the 777 wings

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

If you ask me the tail color of that jet looks to be blue and there appears to be what looks like a gold harp, its a ryanair jet :p

Flight 370 disappeared on 3/7 at a height of 37,000 feet and on a journey that was to cover 3,700km and Luigi Maraldi, one of the men whose passports was stolen, was 37 - Boris Johnson mayor of London.
edit on 17-3-2014 by Darksaint88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by plewis51

Great imagery find and reconstruction!

Looks like an aircraft on long final (approach).

(stars for ya)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by andr3w68

I enhanced the image and the aircraft is flying over the forest. (It does not look like a Photoshop job). I did an overlay of a 777 schematic on the image. The wingspan is that of a 777. If you nose the image down, the profile of the wing shape straightens more like that of the image. Does anyone actually know the exact paint scheme of the MH370 Malaysian 777? I looked at Malaysian Airlines and they seem to have many variations. It could be a 777 but I don't know if the paint matches M.A. It is, in deed, interesting!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I just looked further up in the direction it was headed and it looks like it is landing at an airport . but hey it still could be the plane. who am i too say.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by grbypackers

Yes, there is an airport directly inline with the plane in question. Also you can go to bing maps and there isn't any cloud coverage.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Great Work !
Even if this may not turn out to be the one,
it is an excellent find on your behalf.
Appears to be flying low above the trees.
What appears to be smoke just forward of
the tail could be glare?

At first glance, I thought it to be parked there
with smoke coming out of the fuselage,engines.
But there is not an clear path in the vegetation
behind the craft.

S&F

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Aleister

pfft. Call now, be a hero. Luck of the Irish. And call your fave reporter too, just to give them a boost up the food chain.

Lol good thing the public doesn't rely on you for benevolent aid in a time of crisis.

'Pfft, I'm not calling that one in. That would be conforming. The mainstream media might get wind of it and make some money. Screw this interesting find which may help locate over 200 missing human beings. I don't wanna be "that guy".'

Weird attitude man. Not to mention cold, and ungentlemanly. But each to their own.

In any case, this is the strangest story I've heard since 9/11. I wonder what's happened to these people and what the hell is being done with a stolen 777 if it was indeed hijacked? Interesting times.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Is this topic a joke? Honest question. You all can't be serious...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Darksaint88
reply to post by andy1972

If you ask me the tail color of that jet looks to be blue and there appears to be what looks like a gold harp, its a ryanair jet :p

Flight 370 disappeared on 3/7 at a height of 37,000 feet and on a journey that was to cover 3,700km and Luigi Maraldi, one of the men whose passports was stolen, was 37 - Boris Johnson mayor of London.
edit on 17-3-2014 by Darksaint88 because: (no reason given)

And it's a 777...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is an overlay of a Boeing 777 on the image in question:

Wings don't seem right to me...

And why are the engines not visible?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join