It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate reaches deal on jobless benefits extension

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Thought this information would be of benefit to someone out there. The Senate has reached a deal to extend unemployment benefits for 5months to more than 2 million Americans. This extension will be retro-active as far as Dec. 28, 2013. Some will applaud and rejoice, some will say "boo.o.o.o.o.!" What say you, ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Senate doesn't pay the bills..........The House does.

Personally, I'd rather see a jobs bill rather than ANOTHER unemployment extension.

Call me silly.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I say it's time to list some things in the local classified sites to get sold.

With back benefits considered back to Jan 1 on so many? There is a small fortune about to dump into the economy in a lump. Like Student loan day on steroids (and retailers actually do adjust sales in all areas to that flow of cash).

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I guess I don't understand a "jobs bill" just more BS on paper claiming to create jobs?
I remember years ago how I first got into sheet metal.

I believe it was called the Targeted jobs tax credit. Paid my employer half my wage. Paid by the Michigan unemployment office.

Thats a jobs bill.

Extending unemployment benefits is a good thing. They sent all our jobs overseas, what did they think would happen.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
No its not a good thing. It fixes nothing and helps no one.
Americans need to stop being fed by the gov. they are to distracted and thankful to see what's really happening.
they need a reason to get mad. they need to truly feel need for changes to be made.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Bisman
No its not a good thing. It fixes nothing and helps no one.
Americans need to stop being fed by the gov. they are to distracted and thankful to see what's really happening.
they need a reason to get mad. they need to truly feel need for changes to be made.

But for the one who has no job and has been looking nonstop... they need to pay the rent.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

lostbook
Thought this information would be of benefit to someone out there. The Senate has reached a deal to extend unemployment benefits for 5months to more than 2 million Americans. This extension will be retro-active as far as Dec. 28, 2013. Some will applaud and rejoice, some will say "boo.o.o.o.o.!" What say you, ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...

5 more months of people sucking up money for nothing!!!
Jobless and Politicians have something in common - they sponge like leaches off everyone else!!

Good luck to the jobless and their free money!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

tinner07
They sent all our jobs overseas, what did they think would happen.

Who are "They"? Just Curious.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

pavil

tinner07

It could be anyone...Your neighbor...a friend....family member. It's bad for a lot of people.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

lostbook

pavil

tinner07

It could be anyone...Your neighbor...a friend....family member. It's bad for a lot of people.

I mean't what party is the "They".

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

projectbane

lostbook

www.nbcnews.com...

5 more months of people sucking up money for nothing!!!
Jobless and Politicians have something in common - they sponge like leaches off everyone else!!

Good luck to the jobless and their free money!

Not really... all employers pay for unemployment insurance. If the "pot goes dry" in the state, they "borrow" but have to pay back the amount borrowed, which comes from further payments into the state unemployment insurance.

It is not "free money" as you put it. NOT the same as welfare.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Its time these lazy dumbasses get jobs at mcdonalds and start pulling their own weight.

I saw a sign at Target that says their hiring maybe these people can get off their buts and go get jobs at Target.

Maybe the tens of millions of people who are looking for full time work should move to north dakota or that small town in texas thats hiring.

They could employ themselves by building a megacity twice the size of new york.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

pavil

lostbook

pavil

tinner07

I mean't what party is the "They".

I'm sure that everyone on all sides is affected. The way the GOP fought tooth and nail and put a spin on the Unemployment issue, however, makes it feel as if no Republicans are on Unemployment-only Democrats.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I don't think you are getting at what I am saying. In your opinion, which Party is more responsible for Job's leaving the U.S.?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

What are you kidding me who cares what party.

Whats responsible is greed.

The party has nothing to do with it.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Some here would contend that only one of the Political Parties did it. It does matter.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Then those who contend that are fools.

It doesnt matter what political party did it what matters is that it happened and the reason is happened is because of greed.

Eliminate the incentive for greed and the problem goes away. Stop trying to find a solution by addressing the symptoms.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

onequestion
Its time these lazy dumbasses get jobs at mcdonalds and start pulling their own weight.

I saw a sign at Target that says their hiring maybe these people can get off their buts and go get jobs at Target.

Maybe the tens of millions of people who are looking for full time work should move to north dakota or that small town in texas thats hiring.

They could employ themselves by building a megacity twice the size of new york.

The problem I've witnessed to having jobs at places like these is that by the time you pay for transportation, childcare, food, etc, you end up "owing" money even though you're working. Working two jobs only compound the problem for some. There are a lot of "Service Industry" jobs out there but no one takes these because you can't support a family unless you're in upper management. It's a cyclic issue and the answers are elusive.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

onequestion

Many times people don't get the job they apply for because they are "overqualified". Not because they didn't try.

Do you really think they will hire the CPA or biology major for a cashier position???

edit on 13-3-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

No i know.

Whats frustrating are the groups of people who are screaming to cut these benefits but offer no solutions to the current status of our job market.

Its pretty crappy and if your not noticing college degrees are becoming worthless.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join