It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop haters...I'm calling you out!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

They can arrest immediately, with the accusation of another person? Whoa! That's flipping crazy! I would be a a lot more nervous walking around there!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
While I agree with your rant, for the most part, you have been lucky in your dealings with them.

First, let me say, my uncle was a State trooper, then a commander. I've been raised around them, never feared them. I've also never been arrested.

But one summer, I had to deal with the county cops 13 times, due to my son. And have witnessed that even in a small community like ours, there are complete jerks. One of ours is a female. My only regret was that I did not video her.
Not only did she make my husband blow a breathalyzer, in our garage, because my son, kicked in the front quarter panel of his truck, (NO REASON, and nothing came of it) but she sat in our driveway one time, for 15 minutes, actually arguing with her supervisor over who would drive my son to town. Thankfully she lost. Everyone has stories about her, even a friend that works in the courthouse!

But it is examples like this, even in a small town, that ruin it sometimes for the good ones. I have no problem with most the county boys here in town, (No respect for the city boys, but that is another story), but I do make sure I know my rights, just in case miss attitude shows up again.

Overall, I don't think they are all bad. But even here in a rural community, you have officers trying to "prove" themselves, or make a big bust, and sometimes the line they should not cross gets blurred. And in some of the cases posted here, they never even seem to know there was a line.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Hey

statistically aren't you more likely to be injured or harmed even killed by a cop in the US than you would be killed by a terrorist ?

If that's the case then , there are statistically more bad people in uniform than there are good
and so yeh I'd be afraid to goto the US just in case I get pulled over by a cop having a bad day as you put it !

The police in the UK are bad enough without guns , I'll take my chances and just remain a lawful citizen as not to deal with these ego trippin , power crazed lunatics

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Im not a cop hater but like someone said... we are raised fearing them. The problem is that the Cops KNOW we fear them and they(some_ try to abuse that... i seen some act like they have all the rights in the world.

Heck, one forced me to reverse my car because he was in the wrong turn... in Tim Horton's(a donut shop, amount other pastries) parking lot of all places.

Anyway, only interaction i had with Cops was a positive one.

When i got my new car, i never got the habit of turning my headlights on after 6pm, so one day i was in fact did not turn my headlights on and was driving. I was close to a traffic light, when i saw a police car behind me turn its lights on(my first pull over), i panicked a bit, started checking some basic stuff, like seat belts and other crap. As i slowed down, the traffic lights turned red, the cop car pulled over beside me. There was black lady cop inside, she asked if i know why she pulled me over... i was like "i really don't know", she proceeded "you are lucky you car is white and shiny, turn you head lights on" and just left.
edit on 3/14/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

never say anything during a police investigation without an attorney present. one of the biggest reasons a court appointed legal representative has difficulty defending clients is because the suspects incriminate themselves before the attorney can even be appointed. always remain silent, but if you decide to speak to a police officer some simple things to say are:

1. Am I free to go?

2. Am I being detained?

3. Am I under arrest?

4. What is your probable cause???

5. I want to talk to my attorney!!!!!

a little common sense and courtesy will be worth its weight in legal gold.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I am not a LEO.
I have never been arrested.
I have received speeding tickets in the past, without incident.

I have relatives that are LEO's.
I have been close to the LE community since age 6, I will be 52 in July.
My uncle was the county sheriff of the county I was born and raised in for 30 years.
I have had the opportunity to listen, as a fly on a wall, to the conversations of LEO's many times.

I can say that almost all LEO's that I know or have known personally were or are bad in one way or another. Most of them break the law and don't mind arresting someone for breaking those same laws. A lot of them get a kick out of having the opportunity to get violent with other people in the course of their job.

Many will let friends and family get away with breaking the law when they can, and I have seen them cover up their transgressions.

I have a close relative that is a state cop and he never broke the law before he became a cop... that is different now.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I'll add my name to the list of cop haters, with the exception of Semperfortis...I have never encountered a cop that deserved my respect.
Never had a fear of them till I was 13, and had an OPP point a gun at me. Did I break the law? NO...I was a runaway, and got pretty damn far from home before they caught up to me. Little bit excessive to detain a 13 year old runaway huh? Been all downhill from there. Worst ever was when a friend of my daughters ran away from home, and the local police hounded us day and night, accused us of hiding her, or not cooperating with them. The last straw was a knock on my door after 10 at night and I was already in bed. My 12 year old son answered the door...and holy hell...they threatened him with charges of hiding a runaway, obstructing justice, and NOT ONCE DID THEY ASK TO SPEAK TO ME. Usually I'm the quiet little wallflower that would never speak up, and at the time barely knew my own rights, but I called the local police station, told the officer on duty what had occurred, gave him the name of the officer who had left his card, and completely LAMBASTED the department for harassing my family, threatening to arrest my son, and for totally mishandling the entire situation.They didn't knock on my door again after that. I rarely blow up, but when I do it's volcanic. Not to mention, they never found the girl..we did, ran off with her boyfriend to a city ten hours away, EVEN THOUGH WE TOLD THEM TO CHECK OUT THE BOYFRIEND! Idiots. I have had other incidences with police, that I choose not to post here for personal reasons, but point blank I despise anyone with a badge,and any future incidences in which I may encounter them will not be pretty.
edit on 14-3-2014 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I personally do not hate cops. I have high respect for any LEO. I applied to become a LEO. But, too much corruption in this town and state; I'd lose my job for sure, trying to bring them down. That being said, The thing I hate, is whether the LEO is having a good or bad day does not justify abusing your powers.
Every police encounter ive had,i, for the most part am polite as i can be.But, that doesnt matter to them. I've had my rights violated in court and in other ways as well. Where i live, cops,judges,lawyers, every one of them is bad. There are few LEO's that do their job as needed and are good intended, but, most of the time theyre waiting and wanting you to f**k up so they can get a raise and the state will make more money off your sorry a**.

Deal with New Mexicos corrupt system for a while and then tell me you do not hate how theyre doing their job. There are plenty of small towns here including the one im from, that deal with police/system abusing their powers. Especially in the smaller communities.

Where i live, you hear about all of these cops hurting people in the state but it never makes the news or the papers. Its even worse on the Navajo reservation but thats a different story.

The towns in this state are small enough that everyone knows everyone and word travels quickly under the radar.

OP i understand what youre saying but its not entirely our fault that most cops or the system are corrupt.its not entirely our fault LEO's have power and control issues they need to deal with.

But at the the same time it is our fault because we're complaining more than trying to end this violence from both sides.

This violence will keep happening from/to both sides till everyone has a free mind.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Look we all KNOW there are GOOD cops.

Fact remains, the majority of us have dealt with bad cops. The majority of us are innocent and have no reason to be abused or killed by cops.

We ALL know there are cops who are decent and good people.

But we ALL know, even the police here, that a large number of police in the United States are crooked, dishonest and unlawful.

Any cop who is going to tell you that "most cops are the good guys" is lying. Straight to your face.

I have friends who are police, and they will admit that many cops (mostly rookie jar-heads on steroids) are dangerous and should be feared.

Read the damn news. Watch the damn statistics.

Civilians are hunted and treated like animals by these uniformed monsters.

I don't care if some individual wants to stand up for some false belief that the boys in blue are all good guys. the truth is…the common man fears the common "gun carrying officer". And he/she has a damn good reason to.

Its disgusting when a cop or civilian acts shocked when an individual expresses a fear or concern over the daily transgressions of this armed band of "servants". I don't give a hoot if one officer is good…that's irrelevant to the fact. The fact remains, in my rich Connecticut town alone- CHILDREN have been raped by officers. Innocent kids and adults have been killed and wounded by officers.

You want me to forget that? Good luck with that wish. I'm smarter than that. I know an enemy when I see one.

Bless the good ones…but even they stand silent while the bad ones operate.

Hell…did you see a single cop freak out in the video where the officer threw the crippled man from his wheel chair? Nope…not a single one blinked. That means, the entire building was crawling with criminal minded scum bags who ignore such things.

MM

edit on 14-3-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The apprenticeship you are referring to is called the police academy. Academies usually last between 4 and 6 months. The academy is where an officer learns how to shoot, among all other aspects of the job. They use simulations and the on the gun range to hone their skills as a shooter. This is all done in a controlled setting. In a simulator, if the suspect shoots back at you, you won't die. Putting unarmed officers on the street is a kin to having a batter step up to the plate without a bat, only the job of a police officer carries life or death implications. Let's say an armed training officer and an unarmed rookie respond to a call of shots fired. Upon arrival, the suspect opens fire on the officers and the armed training officer is hit. He falls and subsequently dies. Would you want to be the rookie, standing there with just your taser. A lot of good that will do. So in this instance, both officers die and the armed suspect if free to go shoot someone else. Like a good friend of mine used to say, "Common sense ain't so common anymore".

strongfp

I don't have a problem with police officers, but I feel like they are somewhat slack when they let new recruits in, and hand them an ego-booster 9000 to their hip. I feel in order to carry a firearm you need to complete an apprenticeship type thing. Otherwise, stick with your taser, mace and baton while out in the field with an experienced cop for at least a few years.
You wouldn't let a first year apprentice welder start welding up sky scrappers with 20+ pass welds would you? Same sort of deal.

But, I remember seeing a cartoon once where it showed in the first scene a police officer yelling at someone, and all these cell phones pointed at the situation, and then in the next two people yelling at the officer and no cell phones to be seen.
People love to hate authority, people love to think they know everything and are right in all situations. And act like they are above the law, and that the law enforcers should be perfect Aryan humans who have no flaws.

For example, I worked in a kitchen for 5 years, I was the kitchen manager, when I was there everyone who worked in that kitchen thought they knew everything about everything. And unless I was a strict, authoritative douche, nothing would go smoothly, the saying "to many chefs in the kitchen" is what explains my scenario. But when we would hangout after work, or have a few drinks they were astonished by how relaxed and laid back I was outside of the kitchen, which made them respect me even more.
Same story goes with police officers, but of course on a more extreme scale, people don't see them as people they see them as 'trouble' and get all defensive, even if they are completely innocent.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I will admit, I've never really had a bad situation with a cop personally. But I have seen cops be complete dicks to people, and get away with it.

A friend of mine used to have some pitbulls, which were very wonderful, sweet dogs. Seriously, they never hurt anyone. Great with children. The only thing they ever did wrong, was jump the fence, and walk the neighborhood. Now, yes, I get how that can be scary for some to see a wandering pitbull without an owner. So the cops came to their house to tell them, and they did what they had to do to prevent the dog from jumping the fence again. They exercised him more, so he was more worn down, and they increased the height of their fence. The dog couldn't jump it anymore.

Well, they would go to sleep at night, then wake up in the morning and find their gate wide open. Then the cops would show up, demeaning them and telling them if they didn't control their dog, they'd have it put down. When they'd show up, they'd always act all aggressive/intimidating to my friends, which would in turn cause the dog to become defensive. I mean, seriously, what dog wouldn't get defensive and growl at someone who shows up at your home and acts like they're going to attack you?? So, what would the cops do?? Mace his dog.

Then, as time went on, they kept finding their gate opened up every other morning. Even when they put a lock on it, they'd find the lock cut. So the cops were intentionally opening the gate to let the dog out, so they could have all the power they needed to take him away, and put him down. Why?? Because my friend didn't get along with them. It's a small town, and if someone in authority doesn't like you, you're pretty much #ed.

So, they found a new home for their dog, because they feared he'd be killed if they kept him. How sad is that??

A lady I work with is dating a cop, practically married to him. She's a great lady, and he seems like a nice guy. A couple weeks ago, someone stole something from our store, and got away. One of our employees tried to grab him on his way out, and he yelled at her "You can't touch me!", and ran off. So, two days later I was talking to her about it, and she told me that when talking to her man about it, he said that if we tackled the thief, and if he was the cop that showed up at the scene, he would've looked down at the guy and said "Oh, looks like you tripped, eh?"

Now, I know that technically by doing that, he would've been saving our butts. Because tackling a thief can unfortunately get you into a good amount of trouble. But to me, by him saying that, he's lying to get a certain result. That right there, even a nice cop, is willing to lie to get a result that they want. Even if it benefits myself and my store, it's wrong. I even told her that, "See, this is why I don't trust cops! Even if it's in our favor, he shouldn't lie like that to get a favorable outcome!"

Now I don't hate all cops. There's one retired sheriff that comes into my store often, and we get along perfectly. In fact, if he was still a cop, I'd actually trust him. I've known a few good ones, which is good.
But any cop I don't know, I give them the same amount of trust as any cop I don't know.

Absolute zero. Sorry, even if they're a good cop, I won't trust them, until I know them. Because even like was proven earlier, even a nice cop is willing to lie to get the results they want. How can you trust someone that can do that, AND get away with it??

I just find it very hard to trust anyone that has the power to harm me, even kill me, and get away with it with a paid vacation. Then, if myself or anyone else tried to show how wrong the cop was, have people like you in the world willing to stand up for them and claim that I'm the terrible person.

Sad part is, if it happened to you, I'd stand up for you. Yet, I don't believe you'd do the same for me. What a world we live in.
edit on 14-3-2014 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Im torn on the issue. There are some good cops and some bad ones. Just like in any profession, there are bad seeds.

What I dont agree with is people bashing all of them. They talk a grip of s#it, on how much they suck and bla bla bla.

UNTIL THEY NEED ONE. Then its 'oh they saved the day". That is what I find disturbing, the fickle nature of some of those cop bashers. They protect you while you sleep! Im thankful for that. When I hear a ghetto bird flying around, I know the person they are looking for isnt going to break into my house and make me a hostage.

So for all those people bashing all cops and broad- stroking them, next time you have a crime committed upon you, dont call them and see what gets done

Then go out and catch the bad guy by yourself. Not only will you get arrested for being a dumba$$, you will probably get your a$$ shot.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

Then go out and catch the bad guy by yourself.

Not that cops are that great at it....
75% of crimes go unsolved.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Mr Mask
This guy was an idiot and got what he deserved!?

In regards to that incident there, yes he brought it on himself.

he was a victim of a violent crime

I was not talking about what he originally called them for.

and was physically attacked by a NAZI officer.

Oh please, he was taken down and detained. Acting in a hostile manner usually causes that result. Just ask Chris Rock.

If people had half the dignity they should have, they would have run to aid this kid.

What, so they can get arrested? Real good advice. You're delusional.

He was upset, a recent victim of an attack, the guy who called the police, and he was approached by an officer with an attitude and a false ego.

I understand that he was upset, but did it ever occur to you that maybe this guy had already been screaming at the dispatchers on the phone, and maybe that info was passed on to the officers?

Then he violently attacked the young man in the video. You loved this?

Violently attacked? LMAO! Did you see this violent attack?

YOU LOVED THIS!?

LOVED!!!?

Maybe not loved. I wish it didn't happen, but it did not surprise me, and he brought it on himself.

You think this cop was doing HIS JOB!?

Yes, he was responding to the call. Then some loud foul mouthed punk is screaming in his face and sticking his chest out while screaming "I am a U.S Soldier!" Like some kind of madman.

What he did should be the reason he is stripped of his badge. And he belongs in a cell for violent animals. Cus he IS a violent, and dangerous animal. He shows all the signs of a savage who is a danger to others.

Give me a break. Don't you think that right there is a little harsh?

And YOU see a man doing his job…its no wonder our entire country is spineless and under the iron fist of a totalitarian police force.

Calm down now, we are discussing this one incident here, not other validated examples of police brutality.

Look, at the end of the day, You have no idea what was said by this guy on the phone prior to law enforcement arriving.

Apparently he claimed he was told to F off, but I would bet it was he who came unhinged and told them to F off because he was tired of waiting on them.

Officially leaving this thread before I vomit. Good day.

Go take a run around the block, a cold shower, two fish oils and a nap, then get back to us.
~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

If you pay attention to the news, videos, and stories out there, I'd say a lot of people actually wish they never called the cops in the first place.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

JHumm
You think he got what he deserved ? What is wrong with you ? I didn't see any reason for that , this officer clearly didn't think this kid was a threat to him so what's the reason to knock him out?

How do you know what the officer was thinking?

Cause he stepped up? Could have just pushed him back a little and tell him to stay at arms length ...absolutely no reason for that kind of force even to a ass hole like that .and he was talking down to the kid from the moment he got out of his car

He has a firearm to protect. Should he wait after the guy is done yelling "U.S Soldier bro, know who you're talking to" and he goes for his gun? Maybe the guy is mentally unstable? Better to defuse an otherwise fatal result.

and on top of that he sounded like being in the reserves is a joke ,like he isn't a real soldier .maybe if you aren't a marine you aren't a real soldier .

Well he did not need to act like that, Reserves serve their Country too. The Cop was far from a saint, but the guy brought it on himself by acting in an aggressive manner. ~$heopleNation
edit on 14-3-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just my 2 cents -

I am not a COP hater by any sense but have you seen the number of folks being gun down by police lately?

It seems as if the police are killing folks first then thinking of asking questions.

Almost everyday across this great country someone is being killed by a cop.

And here I thought the police were supposed to "Protect and Serve"

Even in my small town, The local police have Combat Vehicle's which has been paid for by us tax payers, What in the world would they this type of armament for? It is certainly not to deal with the everyday issues in small town America.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Necrobile

How did your friend know it was the cops who cut his lock and left the gate open? It could have been one of his neighbors who was concerned for their children.

Doesn't make it right, but Pitbulls are a dangerous, unpredictable breed. Allowing them to run loose is illegal.

And the cop that lied in order to prevent some scum bag from suing you I have absolutely no problem with.

Nothing more disgusting than a criminal who sues for an issue they themselves caused. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

That sounds like it could be right, but you get what Im saying. Everyone wants to bash them, and then rely on them when something goes down.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I didnt have a problem with LEO until LEO started considering and treating all citizens potential criminals.
I didnt actively distrust or outright avoid LEO until I worked for several years with LEO. Like with everyone, I deal with each person as an individual... until they prove themselves undeserving of respect. Saying that, I dont respect many LEO I know and wouldnt call them to "save" me. Ill deal with things myself when I can and let them write a report after the fact.

The key to a peaceful life with LEO is : keep your mouth shut and your atty on speed dial. Doesnt matter if you are in the right or in the wrong, keep your damned mouth shut.

The only almost BAD thing thats ever happened between me and a cop is a moron billy bad ass wanna be portly woman cop who came when we had trouble with a renter. I know the law as a property owner, she obviously didnt, I told her the law and if she wanted a smackdown lawsuit keep advising the tenant incorrectly...

and then the fool said " dont write a check your butt cant cash".

What sort of idiot says some bad movie like BS like that?! I took that as a provocation and it was on. I advanced on her, my husband tried to hold me back and she ran back to her car. Other cars came, the supervisor came and my side was amazingly enough caught on camera and my property was posted with " surveillance camera in use" signs. Needless to say, nothing happened but I got my way with crappy tenants according to the law and I politely asked that the kid cop be taught some interpersonal skills and not go around provoking people.. she never knows who she might be provoking. I mean I dont scream, raise my voice, smacktalk or warn... I can get scary, but this armed person ran off like a scared bunny and her supervisor got to hear her run her mouth and run away. Heh. Great cop there. Other than that.. Ive never even had a parking ticket and am an utterly squeaky clean goody 2 shoes.. as far as my record reflects. Im certainly not perfect. Mouth shut and great attorneys keep life simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join