It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop haters...I'm calling you out!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The amount of dumb cop hater threads i see on here really do irk me.

For the people that post the "bad cop,I and you should be ENRAGED" videos,let me ask you a question based on experience.

1.Have you ever been arrested and actually have any experience in the system??
(I have many times and have never been beat up...go figure)

2.Did you get a speeding ticket from a cop (who might have found out his wife was cheating and was having a bad day like you have had before) and was pissed off and started your dumb campaign that ALL cops are corrupt because of it?

3.Have you ever been able to admit YOUR guilt either to yourself or in a court of law or did you try to pull a sneaky and get out of it??

4.Do any of you realize how dumb it is to post a video of a cop punching someone but you didn't post the beginning and why they got punched in the first place?

You get what you give folks...if you want to be a jerk...you will get treated like one.
If you want to be respectful,you just might get it back....if you don't,maybe someone is having a bad day,maybe him,maybe you.

These kneejerk threads about how WE should ALL be enraged and talk about the hate without experiencing anything but emotion really pisses me off.

Have at it but remember,this is the rant forum and i am pissed off and ranting.

Disclaimer.
I am not saying there are not bad cops...i am saying there are more retarded citizens than bad cops,the morons create the bad cops...so i am thinking it is more on you than them,they deal with retarded citizens all day...most of you don't even deal with cops so my point is solid.

+39 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
There are good people and bad people in law enforcement, just like in all other professions.

That said, a badge doesn't give one the right to assault someone, even if the poor dear is having a "bad day". If they can't deal with the public without abusing their position, maybe some of these ass-hats should look into switching jobs.
edit on 13-3-2014 by zazen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I agree.
I've been arrested a couple times, and I was never brutalized. The police have always been polite, and nice.
Maybe it's just Salt Lake City police, but I usually take the cop brutality videos with a grain of salt.
The fact that nobody posts videos of all the people they help means that youtube and it's fanboys get sensationalized about police brutality.

Reminds me of this Chris Rock video

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zazen

If they can't deal with the public without abusing their position, maybe some of these ass-hats should look into switching jobs.

Are you talking politicians or cops?

Also,i agree a bad day isn't an excuse but as humans trying to be humane...ya got to throw a dog a bone sometimes and try to understand.
edit on 13-3-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I don't have a problem with police officers, but I feel like they are somewhat slack when they let new recruits in, and hand them an ego-booster 9000 to their hip. I feel in order to carry a firearm you need to complete an apprenticeship type thing. Otherwise, stick with your taser, mace and baton while out in the field with an experienced cop for at least a few years.
You wouldn't let a first year apprentice welder start welding up sky scrappers with 20+ pass welds would you? Same sort of deal.

But, I remember seeing a cartoon once where it showed in the first scene a police officer yelling at someone, and all these cell phones pointed at the situation, and then in the next two people yelling at the officer and no cell phones to be seen.
People love to hate authority, people love to think they know everything and are right in all situations. And act like they are above the law, and that the law enforcers should be perfect Aryan humans who have no flaws.

For example, I worked in a kitchen for 5 years, I was the kitchen manager, when I was there everyone who worked in that kitchen thought they knew everything about everything. And unless I was a strict, authoritative douche, nothing would go smoothly, the saying "to many chefs in the kitchen" is what explains my scenario. But when we would hangout after work, or have a few drinks they were astonished by how relaxed and laid back I was outside of the kitchen, which made them respect me even more.
Same story goes with police officers, but of course on a more extreme scale, people don't see them as people they see them as 'trouble' and get all defensive, even if they are completely innocent.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I never hated the police, although I was raised to fear them.

Now, I find myself having anxiety attacks when I encounter them in my day to day job.
It is not their problem, it is mine.
I have had to explain it to them before because I physically tremble in their presence.

I think a lot of people are afraid of the police,
and that fear is misdirected as anger and hate.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I agree. I have had more interaction with the police than I care to admit and have never been treated in any way other than with some form of dignity and respect. Not that they were proud of me, but nothing bad too say about any.

Actually had one taking me to jail stop at the bank and use my ATM card to get me bail money.

Maybe a bonus of living in small towns

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I think you hit it right on the head.

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I don't respect people that go go school to be able to ruin peoples lives.

I don't respect people that use fear and intimidation for personal gain.

Sure there are some bad people, but to law enforcement everyone is considered a bad guy. They will make up excuses to pull you over just to find something else to ticket you for. Essentially legal theft.

My guess is you live in a town where cops are not a problem. Where they won't follow you for miles until they find a minor infraction to pull you over. Then use intimidation to search your vehicle, if you say no then they will uses reason of suspicion to search you. They will then tell you that your eyes look "bouncy" and then accuse you of being under the influence. Calling in 3 other officers to all do a field sobriety test on you as they search your vehicle. When they find nothing, they will make up something and say you didn't use your blinker even when you did, then give you a ticket for something you didn't even do.

Law enforcement is the reason why our country cannot progress. I've seen brilliant people do things in their younger years that will haunt them forever. Becoming blacklisted to the world barring them from truly contributing to society. No one wants the true Americans that live free by their own means, they want the brainwashed one that goes with the status quo. Thus making another generation of a stagnant society.

You like cops? Fine, but when you see cops for what they really are, don't come crying back for help.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

I was cuffed in the back of a cop car one day and said i was hungry....he took me through the drive thru at McDonalds.
He didn't make it easy,I was cuffed and he tossed the food in the back...my problem not his problem.
I still laugh about it but realize I was in the wrong and he was just a cool dude.

He was funny...i felt like one of the blues brothers arrested me.

edit on 13-3-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Let it out man...let it all out.

YES.

I have many times and have never been beat up

Congratulations...millions of other Americans wish they could say the same thing.

Did you get a speeding ticket from a cop (who might have found out his wife was cheating and was having a bad day like you have had before) and was pissed off and started your dumb campaign that ALL cops are corrupt because of it?

Speeding ticket...YES.

Campaign that all cops are corrupt...NO....cause, as you said....that would be stupid.

Have you ever been able to admit YOUR guilt either to yourself or in a court of law or did you try to pull a sneaky and get out of it??

YES...YES...and I tried everything I could to get out of it.

You get what you give folks...if you want to be a jerk...you will get treated like one.

Oh...if only that were true.

If you want to be respectful,you just might get it back....if you don't,maybe someone is having a bad day,maybe him,maybe you.

Whoa there Law and Order....slow your role for a second here. It isn't illegal to be disrespectful to a cop and even if it were....police aren't allowed to deal out justice to anyone that irks them....no matter how bad a day they might be having.

the morons create the bad cops.

No disagreement there.

so i am thinking it is more on you than them,they deal with retarded citizens all day...most of you don't even deal with cops so my point is solid.

Ahhh...well there it is. It's our fault we are being beaten, brutalized and even murdered by the police. Because we're retarded.

You were right...that point right there is rock solid.(sarcasm)

RANT AWAY

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

DrumsRfun

For the people that post the "bad cop,I and you should be ENRAGED" videos,let me ask you a question based on experience.

(I have many times and have never been beat up...go figure)

2.Did you get a speeding ticket from a cop (who might have found out his wife was cheating and was having a bad day like you have had before) and was pissed off and started your dumb campaign that ALL cops are corrupt because of it?

3.Have you ever been able to admit YOUR guilt either to yourself or in a court of law or did you try to pull a sneaky and get out of it??

4.Do any of you realize how dumb it is to post a video of a cop punching someone but you didn't post the beginning and why they got punched in the first place?

Not arrested, but I have been profiled and placed in cuffs at gun point, I was 21 at the time and driving a car far to nice for my skin tone... I was roughed up, thrown to the curb, For being successful, lawyer said as I was let go that no point pursuing.

I also, Have had a good friend killed while in cuffs, BY THE SAME department in Anaheim, and to be honest, I was pro-cop up to that point.

No longer, You can go look at my thread history if you wish to see what went down, BUT NO COP gets any credit from me period.

I will treat a Cop as what they are, an ARMED enforcement arm of a corrupt system, AS SUCH, I will treat them with the respect due any dangerous individual.

Am I under arrest? am I free to go? and shutting my mouth otherwise.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Thats a whole other thread.
I can't touch on that here in this one.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

My point being, just as cops deal with idiots all day, citizens get to deal with idiots with badges who view their life as more important than ours.

Police, should be held to the highest standards, yet here in the STATES a polices ROE is less strict than our millitary in combat facing the enemy.

There are far to many chances for corruption with the power that comes with being a cop, that the microscope they fall under should be accordingly harsh.

AND ITS NOT, As long as there is an imbalance in that power and liability, no I can not trust or give a cop an inch of leeway.

IT IS the same topic, the same thread.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I have been in the back of a police car a few times I show them respect they show me respect , from officers I guess talking with them in the back seat most people they deal with are angry don't want to cooperate so I understand a short fuse from them from time to time .( Edit I have not shown respect and got the same treatment I showed the officers when I was younger.)

However doesn't matter how stressed I am from work and family life I do not go attacking people for no reason for not showing respect on a bad day .

There is a difference from an arse having a bad day having a short fuse / lack of patience , than there is an officer who cannot control himself and lashes out with anger and violence , and yes op there are some officers out there that are repeat offenders , usually nothing is done until the public becomes aware with media that something happens with the problem officer . There is and can be as much corruption in police stations as parliament hill or in a chapter of a hells angels club .

Like the saying goes there are a holes in every crowd or thugs or what ever generalization can be found in any crowd .

Edit However seeing some cop punch someone hand cuffed in the head like 10 times because the guy said the cops name wrong and to have other officers watch as he does this and not do anything on the news ya that pissed me off a little .

edit on 13/3/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Cop haters...I'm calling you out!!

What you making a list or something?

Cops. Don't need them, don't want them. Never needed them, never wanted them.

I don't hate cops, just consider them the same as any other predatory species except they have an agenda. At least Grizzly bears, mountain lions and badgers don't lie in order to justify their practices.

Never been arrested, handcuffed, etc. Doesn't mean it can't happen at the drop of a hat for any reason they so desire, legal or not. That makes them dangerous to anyone.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

No, not cop haters but, lovers of freedom, justice and transparency.

We have good cops but they are under attack by their bad colleagues and the very system which is supposed to offer whistleblowers an official disclosure process.

The law of this land is that knowledge of a crime but failure to report it makes you culpable as an accessory after the fact.

The NYPD Tapes: A Shocking Story of Cops, Cover-ups, and Courage
edit on 13-3-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I never used to hate cops until they started hating us.

I never seen them as a threat and became fearful until they started treating us like the threat because they have become fearful.

Now...I have lost ALL respect for cops because they have lost ALL respect for us.

Just the way it is in these times.

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

tinner07
Actually had one taking me to jail stop at the bank and use my ATM card to get me bail money.

What a guy.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This may not be a popular reply, but.

I don't like police, deal.

They can't be trusted, period.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join