It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop haters...I'm calling you out!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

As an EMERGENCY EMT who works with law enforcement...Ill just say this. What would society do if there were no one like me in an ambulance or cop in a cop car?

There are always a few bad apples in a bushel. Most LE do an outstanding and sacrificing job at what they do, and for very little pay. Its not for the money for sure....

We all should be glad they are there....

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

So, they shoot 'em and you fix 'em?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Got the pulp beaten out of me by two cops when I was a 13 year old girl being held in custody because I refused to give them a statement and rat out my friends. I ended up with a bruised and cracked ribcage, and the left side of my face was all swollen, bruised, and cut up.

But as an adult, I have a lot of respect for cops and have never been mistreated by them... I have, however, encountered hotshot cops with a holier-than-thou attitude who see their position as something the rest of us should bow down to.

There's a multiple variation of personalities working in the field, and thus you'll end up with a variation of ways on how they handle a situation.

In my experience, I have found that small town cops tend to be a lot less on edge and have a more laid back, humourous demeanor about them compared to city cops. Cities are a dog-eat-dog environment, so I imagine the stress levels of city cops would be a lot higher as a result.

But there's still no excuse to take that stress out on the citizens they're paid to serve and protect.

If your stress levels are to the point that you can no longer use rationale and logic in your job duties, it's time to take a long sabbatical break from it.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ScareCro

You know what? I thought of that response after I posted! But yes...tragically, sometimes we have to wait for the cops to treat someone....and we can all agree on this...that cops response time....no matter how well they try...is oftentimes way off as the hurt and injured wait for us to be "backed-up" to treat them.

PS It is common for a lot of us to be CPL holders off duty because fo the crazies out there. Even as we come to or are leaving from work.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It really all boils down to if you see it as a job, or you get a high off power. I have known many police officers in my day due to my previous work at a huge bar/resort in the keys. I can tell you that the ones who see it as a job can be the nicest coolest people you ever met. The ones who get to power tripping you should fear/avoid like the plague. Unfortunately there isn't really a set in stone way to test that without them being in the field. It's really bad when large groups of the latter get together in one area. My advice, if you see that happening, move. Period.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Most of the abusive cops are the ones that were bullied or abused as children themselves. They jump into a position of power where they can, let’s say, "return the favor".

Most cops are ok. I have never had any big issues with them. My life was saved by a cop many years ago when I got in a car accident. He saved my life with CPR. Like one other poster said, “how come no one post threads about what good cops do in society”? I think people just love the drama.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

SheopleNation

smurfy

And this is the guy that called the police. Had the OP not used the word 'Retards' I would probably not had something to say...no feck it, I would have.
edit on 13-3-2014 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

Now yuh see, here is where you lost me. First you post a crystal clear example of Police brutality, and then with this one you post the Police doing their job.

The guy was an idiot, and anyone with a brain should understand that. He starts screaming that he's a U.S soldier, and then The former MARINE cop reminds him that Soldiers are not MARINES, and that he is out of line.

I loved every second of it. The guy was a punk, and he got what he deserved. ~$heopleNation
edit on 13-3-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

so....I'm not a cop....but if a guy comes up to me and says he is a soldier.....I can bitch slap him, throw him to the ground and crush his chest until he almost passes out?

Game on!!!!

oh....wait....that's called assault.

Time to become a cop...so I can do it all legal like
edit on 15-3-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

mysterioustranger

As an EMERGENCY EMT who works with law enforcement...Ill just say this. What would society do if there were no one like me in an ambulance or cop in a cop car?

There are always a few bad apples in a bushel. Most LE do an outstanding and sacrificing job at what they do, and for very little pay. Its not for the money for sure....

We all should be glad they are there....

so...you and your "EMT" buddies running around beating retarded wheel chair bound kids just long enough to get some tazers out to hit them with.....or....what do you guys do for fun?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

“how come no one post threads about what good cops do

I have on a few occasions

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Call us out then, I hate Police, and have good reason to do so!

Never came across a Police that did not have some type of uniform complex/superiority complex!

Why do I hate Police you may ask? Among other reasons, just wait till 6 of the twats break your door in with no warning at 7am, manhandle you to the floor and cuff you. With a warrant for some black gentleman(I'm white) who i have never even heard of for kilos of drugs. Turn over your entire house, rip up carpets, flooring and sofas, open baby nappies, toys, clothes and other assorted items not even used yet! Then proceed to strip search both yourself and 9 month pregnant girlfriend(That's rape in my book)!!!

And when finally they realize that they are in obvious error don't even bother to apologise(That would be an admission of error you see!!!).

Cant even sue the scum here in the U.K because the only way you can do that is if they "actively show malice toward you". Essentially they would need to repeat their actions. If what those totalitarian scum done to me and mine is not considered to be malice i don't know what is!

U.K POLICE ARE SCUM! Nothing more than corrupt stumbling moronic fools that enforce the will of a totalitarian technocracy aka the current political establishment. Shame on them!

Edit: Oh i forgot to add they nearly killed my dog who was behind the door they knocked in with a battering ram!

edit on 15-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The problem I see is that badges are given out like candy to anyone that's been in the military regardless of mental status. These guys come out of 3-4 tours in Afghanistan, kicking down doors all day, and come home and treat American citizens the same way. Not only do they have no respect for the oath they've taken, but there are serious mental conditions that aren't even taken into consideration.

Now that's not to say that all cops are bad or like I described above, but anyone coming out of the military looking at a law enforcement career should be put under the spot light. How did they act in the military? Do they have a history of aggressive behavior towards citizens in the countries they've occupied? I mean, at the very least, mental evaluations should be given.

You become a cop to protect and serve. You don't become a cop to become an "authority". You are a public SERVANT, not a god. And it just seems like, more and more, these "officers" don't give a damn about any of that.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by simsumre

"Now that's not to say that all cops are bad or like I described above."

Buddy those ones that I described above were the nice ones of our particular variety of Police. You see on that occasion i did not sustain any Police related injuries other than a severe loss of dignity and they did not miraculously find some incriminating evidence after they discovered there were most definitely wrong!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Damn right OP!!! I couldn't agree more. Most of the cop-haters simply hate that they might be caught breaking the law, instead of following it. Don't shoot the messenger. If you want a law changed...don't blame the cop. Oh...and by the way...after racing around in a stolen car, risking killing people on the street, crashing into a bus and then taking off on foot YOU DO DESERVE A BEATING! Liberal bleeding-hearts.
edit on 3/15/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

WeAreAWAKE
Damn right OP!!! I couldn't agree more. Most of the cop-haters simply hate that they might be caught breaking the law, instead of following it. Don't shoot the messenger. If you want a law changed...don't blame the cop. Oh...and by the way...after racing around in a stolen car, risking killing people on the street, crashing into a bus and then taking off on foot YOU DO DESERVE A BEATING! Liberal bleeding-hearts.
edit on 3/15/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

You've got to be joking, right? So not one cop in America is corrupt? How do you explain the recent story of the cop being let go because he couldn't wait to break down doors and take guns? You support such actions? These PUBLIC SERVANTS took an oath to uphold and protect the Constitution. They are not gods. They are not royalty. They protect and serve. I can't believe people like you still exist that blindly follow any authority figure just because they hold a plastic badge.
edit on 15-3-2014 by simsumre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

If you have the time i ask that you view the link below, Is this how a Man of the law treats a Woman suspect or otherwise? What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

www.dailymail.co.uk... o-shrinking-violet.html

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Yes, I've had my fair share of dealings with cops. I also live in a small town where as a kid, I couldn't keep out of trouble. There are a few decent cops, like the one who pulled my wife and I over just the other day (he was very cool), but, there are an overwhelming majority of cops who think they are above the law and that's a sad fact. Young cops come onto the force with maybe some good intentions but they get swept up by the attitudes of the older cops (the attitude I'm sure you know i'm talking about) and soon, they are just the same... a never ending cycle, especially in small town law enforcement agencies. You are what you eat basically...one bad apple = many bad apples, because that's just the way it is and they have to fit in. Sad indeed!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus
so....I'm not a cop....but if a guy comes up to me and says he is a soldier.....I can bitch slap him, throw him to the ground and crush his chest until he almost passes out?

No, Because like you said, you're not a cop. I understand, it's a double standard. It is the way that it is though.

.....And he didn't just tell him he was a soldier, he was yelling it, and saying "know who you're talking to bro", with his chest all puffed out looking for a confrontation. The Cop should not have hit him, but he had a right to detain him. He brought it all on himself though.

Game on!!!!

oh....wait....that's called assault.

Exactly.

Time to become a cop...so I can do it all legal like.

If you're into that kind of thing, yeah I guess. Was the cop acting like a jerk? yeah. However, the subject was acting like one too. ~$heopleNation
edit on 15-3-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Well said, after all you treat people how you find them, act like a Muppet or the quintessential Police officer for that matter, and 9 times out of 10 they will be slapped like the female dog they obviously are!

However just because they are Police does not make them correct! Even though in a perfect world it bloody well should.

If people talked more and assessed the situations in which they find themselves rather than automatically going on the offensive, the Police most assuredly included, i imagine this world would be a better place!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hey OP. When was the last time you had to kill one trying to kill a member of your family?

I thought so. Why don't you go crawl back in your hole and shut up.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

andy06shake
If people talked more and assessed the situations in which they find themselves rather than automatically going on the offensive, the Police most assuredly included, i imagine this world would be a better place! ;

What you just said here pretty much sums it all up my friend. I completely agree. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join