It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan: Humanity's Hero

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraverseMaximus

Or just someone who is bored on the internet. It happens.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by UltraverseMaximus

Or just someone who is bored on the internet. It happens.

haha you got me

But my services are free and no I am no deuce bigalow

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
satan is not the serpent in the garden.
satan is the accuser. in fact the word satan doesn't show up in the bible until the time of king david .
the serpent is a different thing entirely.
there's an entire race of angels, called seraphim, which is seraph in singular, and this is the meaning of seraph

8314 saraph saw-rawf' from 8313; burning, i.e. (figuratively) poisonous (serpent); specifically, a saraph or symbolical creature (from their copper color):--fiery (serpent), seraph.

seraphim are around the throne of god. god has serpents around his throne?
erm, i think not.

but isn't the serpent a dragon?
not really, no. it's a metaphor that is used more than once in the text, but it doesn't mean the serpent in the garden was actually a snake or a dragon.

so then are the seraphim, dragons?
erm, i think not.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well considering the whole character of Satan, is to test one faith in God. Since Satan, was said to be Gods most loyal angel till the point Satan had to bow to human, as the story suggests.

Thing about Satan though, is that it will test faith, to the point of death as some stories suggest.

Satan rebellion against God is somewhat similar, although different from the story of Prometheus and Zeus. Difference is Prometheus and some titan created wildlife and humans. However, Prometheus saw humanity was at a disadvantage, so he stole the fire from a the forge god, and gave it to humans. The Head greek god got mad as hell, when humans thought they were on par with the gods.

So being the unstable prick that god is, he chained Prometheus, and it lead to the events of Pandoras Box being open, and unleashing the Four Horse men.

Amazing how Pagan God stories share such similarities, with Mono. Even though, Mono steals and copies everything. Much like the Romans.

I guess Christians should fear Satan. Since most of them aren`t faithful enough to not fear.
edit on 14-3-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by QueenofSpades

So, it's more a case of 'get thee behind me yahweh, and come in and have a cuppa tea me 'ol mate satan'?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Always seemed strange to me that satan was always slated for 'corrupting gods plan', and is taught to be the bad guy, yet gods plan always seemed to involve murder, disease and genocide and is taught to be a good guy.

So on that basis, i know who i'd rather round for a cup of tea out of the two.

Do the Annunaki like PG tips i wonder? If not, i've got Captain Scott's extra strong blend for those special strong tea times.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Or just skip the tea entirely and dive into the brandy/whiskey/rum. No point doing the waltz when you can salsa.

edit on 14-3-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I haven't read all the post yet, so don't know if anyone else has suggested this yet, but you might find the book "Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson" by G.I. Gurdjieff an interesting take on "Satan's" role in humanity...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You can talk the devil up,dress him give him a new More.Guess what at the end of the day he's still the devil.And anyone who worships him will have their eternal souls damned.A fate worse than death.Good luck with that.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

TDawg61
You can talk the devil up,dress him give him a new More.Guess what at the end of the day he's still the devil.And anyone who worships him will have their eternal souls damned.A fate worse than death.Good luck with that.

What if you don't worship him? What if you're just friends with him?
edit on 14-3-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Anyone that worships anything, other then life itself. Is pretty much dammed.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Specimen
Anyone that worships anything, other then life itself. Is pretty much dammed.

Worship in itself is a wholly unhealthy practice to indulge in.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It definitely could be. Praying and fearing idol images, or statues that are mean`t to represent God. Worship is a sad form of humility really.

However, idolizing nature beauty is one thing I enjoy respecting. Although I`m far from the obsessive tree hugger.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Keep your weird alien thing out of my weird religion thing.
j/k im agnostic

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
When Eve got pregnant, they fell in dispear, and fearing to ask the Father they consulted Lilith who had dozed off and entered the serpent in her tree to explore and explain the fruit of the tree, to know all sciences and have the net amount of knowledge and understanding at it's disposal. Seeing she was sleeping they asked her serpent and the rest you know. Adam and Eve ate from the tree because they were chickens.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The origin of Satan of todays understanding lies in the belief that he represented the serpent in the Garden of Eden. The meaning of the word Satan is adversary, but also accuser. Many gnostic influenced people have asserted that when Satan/Serpent influenced the first humans to "be like God" and eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil that he in fact was providing man with intelligence. That is not the original meaning of the text and is of a flawed understanding in my opinion.

When conveying a knowledge of good and evil to your son, does not it also lead to accountability? You see this is the great evil he really gave to man, and also in a sense to G-d. If one is to read before this thing, G-d lead all the animals before Adam to name. This indicates intelligence. Also Adam was lonely. This also indicates a self awareness and contemplative nature which todays scientists would tell you separates us from animals. What Satan gave you in this instance, was accountability. Once you know right from wrong, wrongs must be punished. In one strong move he accomplished the defeat of man and the necessity of G-d to punish man, (His beloved Creation) according to his works. One cannot be just otherwise. This is evidenced shortly after in the story of Cain and Abel.

In other stories(Job), Satan actually acts at the behest of G-d, tempting man to do evil. This would be necessary for the ultimate separation alluded to in later books. It is about bad fruit/good fruit. Also, anyone thinks that Satan has your best interests at heart should just take a gander at his works. The proverbial leopard not being able to hide his spots. I would state the greatest trick Satan ever pulled was making all the things he had destroyed appear as if G-d was responsible. Don't be fooled by propaganda. Their is a greater purpose for your life.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Great thread, I'm enjoying the read. Mostly because (no offence to the OP) this is old news to those who have researched Satanism. I have but only briefly. In short...Satan represents us humans and the primal but still relevant today, human essence. Basically, we are what we are and we should embrace what we are, not what "God" tells us we should be. Satanism chooses Satan as the only entity that states that humans are nothing more than another animal, and animals do what animals do. They kill for food, fight to the death and care about survival and keeping the species alive. We as "civilized" humans think, and have been told by religion, that we are better than that. We should not kill, envy...we should follow rules that no other animal will. We are supposed to have compassion even for those who don't deserve it.

What religion teaches (to some degree) and some of the rules we put on ourselves are actually destroying us as an animal species. As viewed as an animal...we should kill those who attack us. We should allow the weak among us to die to allow the survival of the strong. Simple science...if you allow "sick" genes to continue to be bred into the population, you weaken the population. That kinda stuff...OF WHICH I DON'T AGREE (completely).

So Satan as the good-guy, or our ally, is very accurate. Now...I'm not suggesting we go anarchy and act like animals, but Satan is the "God" of what we are, God is the "God" of what we strive to be...but usually fail. At least as a whole.

There was a story I read a long time ago about a lion adopted by a family. It became a beloved family pet but ended up killing one of the children. The last line of the story was "He was a good lion" implying he was good at being a lion, not that he was "good".

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
..and the plot THICKENS.It's amazing of how many theories come out of nothing.Satan is everything from evil incarnate(when he wants to possess a child) to a Dr. of DNA to God's buddy to the REAL GOD(lions and tigers and snakes OH MY)!!!.If the being Satan is real everyone should be VERY,VERY afraid.You cannot run nor hide...and he is either a god,the God or the real God is a frickin MONSTER for creating it and you should be even more afraid of.....or the alternative....reason..and sanity....the fact is satan is only IN your mind.The more you dwell on satan and spin his story the more real satan (the adversary..your own worse enemy) is "for you"...and for that ....everyone else should be VERY afraid of you.
edit on 14-3-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofSpades

I haven't read the other posts to see if this has already been brought up, so I apologize if it has.

I've talked to different people over the years about different religious stuff, Satan being one of them. When I started to be made aware of the stuff actually happening in the world and introduced to ATS, one of the topics that was discussed was religion. It was quite interesting to think about things in a different way and I heard a really interesting theory about Satan.

I believe this is a theory/belief held by the people of Atlantis and I think one or two other groups (There could be more though) and it is that Earth once had two moons. The second moon was called Lucifer and eventually Lucifer fell to the Earth.

I think that seeing a moon getting closer and closer would be scary and that they would pray to the Gods for protection but nothing happened. Over generations, the story of Lucifer falling to the Earth was always told. The more time passes, the more the details can get changed/missed (just like in the game Telephone.) and the retelling of Lucifer, the moon, falling to earth has been changed to be, Lucifer, the devil who went against God's wishes and was cast from the Heavens into Hell.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Very cool topic for your thesis QoS, I hope it turns out well.

I don't have much to add since I have little experience studying religions since I was raised slightly hippie, with a touch of catholic. I was never forced to read scripture, so I didn't. It was not until I had unexplainable personal experiences that I got curious about religions and wanted to know more.

I fully believe like others that much of Christian scripture could have been rewritten to simply favor the 'winners' like modern history books. The old saying 'there's 2 sides to every story' always applies, no exceptions I believe. So the Lucifer we've all been trained to mistrust may be the one God that has humanity's best interests at heart? I do not claim to know, but have read on at least a few illuminati style websites that Lucifer is simply the deity that admires and rewards hard, honest work and creativity/ingenuity.

Another angle I just became familiar with seems to be associated with Freemasonry/Rosacrucian orders, that is much more esoteric/symbolic than I've ever read about before. That Lucifer is associated with fire and creativity, and the physical male form and action, whereas Jehovah is the water entity (holy water, fish etc) and is associated with beliefs and the female form. I just read that in a very short book by Max Heindel you can read here: Freemasonry and Catholicism He's a bit of an odd character who claims to have met with an ascended master and had profound out of body and near death experiences that affected his beliefs.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Utnapisjtim
reply to post by smithjustinb

Read the Tibetan Book of the Dead-- it's an eye-opener.

Ive looked at it before. What does it have to do with what you are saying? You keep replying to my posts without answering any of my questions and without addressing anything I say.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join