It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Bilk22

ManiShuck
reply to post by puntito

If that's actually what they were attempting, surely it must have crashed. Wouldn't radar in India pick it up? Or surely any of the surveillance the US is doing in the area it would have flown through?
Wouldn't radar in Malaysia pick it up if it doubled back? Or does radar only work in one direction?

in Malaysia they flew under the radar, and in India, well you have no idea how vast this world is to find a bacteria in a haystack pile of radar data.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

www.mirror.co.uk...

just saw this ...Live: Suspected fragments of missing Malaysia Airlines flight found as 'mid-air disintegration

www.mirror.co.uk...
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

no other info with the story but shows a tracking of the plane in the link

if this is one of those raggy papers then I apologize.
edit on 10-3-2014 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

EnderMEM
reply to post by GoShredAK

Sometimes a phone will Ring if the phone is roaming, other times it will ring because it's trying to acquire a signal, even if it's off. I live in nyc, and when I call my girlfriend on her way home to pick up a grocery it'll ring once or twice if she's on the train... She has no service, but it's just trying to acquire a signal still.

Oddly enough a popular app over there called QQ (smartphone app) still has a few of the people on the flight logged in... This is also pretty interesting. Now they could be logged in on multiple devices (ie: ipad, computer, etc), but still adds another thin layer of mystery over this subject

So maybe it's possible the phones are just lying on ocean floor trying to acquire a signal?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by puntito

And this one has it all...777...known terrorist threats...passports theft facts...check in don't board luggage removed...Iranian Ali well known ticket buyer...soccer star Baltoli...no distress call...impeccable 777 record...outdated black box tech (my opinion & former ntsb'er Hall)...airlines not giving a crap what passport is used...conflicting radar data...oil slicks...and I almost forgot Vietnamese greenhouses

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

GoShredAK

EnderMEM

Sometimes a phone will Ring if the phone is roaming, other times it will ring because it's trying to acquire a signal, even if it's off. I live in nyc, and when I call my girlfriend on her way home to pick up a grocery it'll ring once or twice if she's on the train... She has no service, but it's just trying to acquire a signal still.

Oddly enough a popular app over there called QQ (smartphone app) still has a few of the people on the flight logged in... This is also pretty interesting. Now they could be logged in on multiple devices (ie: ipad, computer, etc), but still adds another thin layer of mystery over this subject

So maybe it's possible the phones are just lying on ocean floor trying to acquire a signal?

Water, especially saltwater and electronics do not mix. No it's not possible unless they're in an air pocket. Pretty remote notion here I think.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Cosmocow
Could the crash site, if there is indeed one, be entirely on land?

It wouldn't surprise me if they found the wreckage a week from now on a mist-shrouded hillside in Laos.

choos
werent there chinese nationals onboard?

civpop
If you are a transit passenger I believe you don't need to apply for a visa as you are not entering china?
Plus why would a Chinese person need a visa for their own country of residence? Is that common?

They were obviously talking about the non-Chinese citizens onboard.

Bilk22
Yeah it tells me we're about to get a fairytale told to us. If it ends up on the wrong side of the originating country, then the whole story we've been fed is false and something else is going on.

It wouldn't be the first time:

blogs.buffalonews.com...
The first piece of advice I got from other reporters and aviation experts when I inquired about covering a plane crash was: "Watch out for people throwing sand in your eyes."
Plane crashes are not just massive tragedies, they said. They're potential financial disasters for airlines and airplane manufacturers, who will do their utmost to minimize their role in any crash in hopes of minimizing their liability. ..
--Buffalo News reporterJerry Zremski, re the crash of Colgan Flt 3407 on 2-12-09

edit on 10-3-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I think it rings once or twice for him because a connection is being made through the train, but not sustained.

If MH370 crashed, on land or water, those phones would not be making any connection.
edit on 10-3-2014 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This probably seems obvious but have they flown along the flight path yet?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

The 15 degree slew to the right and cessation of ACARS signals etc ties in with a sudden mid-air break-up.

I've read through all this thread, and have been wondering what chain of events would occur if the crew fell asleep or passed out due lack of oxygen. If they fall asleep there is no way to wake them up, the cabin crew can't get through the hijack proofed door into the cockpit.

So the guys up front are giving it big Zeds and the autopilot is flying the plane on 'flight plan route'. They don't make a sched radio call and don't respond to Air Traffic calls over a considerable period of time.

What happens next?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Cosmocow
reply to post by puntito

And this one has it all...777...known terrorist threats...passports theft facts...check in don't board luggage removed...Iranian Ali well known ticket buyer...soccer star Baltoli...no distress call...impeccable 777 record...outdated black box tech (my opinion & former ntsb'er Hall)...airlines not giving a crap what passport is used...conflicting radar data...oil slicks...and I almost forgot Vietnamese greenhouses

Well yes,
Until we know the fate of this plane, the worst case scenario dictates the code green/orange/red.
I just comstructed a theory that fits the whole bill of what we know until now.

Iranians bought ticket, were not on same plane or plane was not big enough, so they just waited and bought another ticket.
The airplane fit their size and they were all on the same plane.
Iranian perpertrators got on board with some undetectable unsuspicious salt (chemicals):
They wait for the plane be on autopilot. (we don't want to crash)
They poored together.
NaCN + H+ --> HCNgas + Na+ Cyanide gas.
Their masks protect them and killed the rest. (phones can still ring, but dead people do not answer)
They forced the reinforced door to the cockpit. (They doors are not that strong if nobody tries to stop you)
They took over the plane
Turned off the transponder. (plane disappeared from the flighttracker)
dived under the radar. ( it disappeared from radars)
They turned around. Plane was spotted on mainland Malaysia by fishermen.
Flew to Iran. (Casual to be on route north west where autorities are searching for some unknow reason)
Climbed back to 35000 feet.
Flew to Iran. (radars are too full anyways to discern who is there)
Landed the plane in iran (speculation)
Refueled the plane to full (5000 miles action radius)
stack it full of explosives maybe nuclear. (don't hope so, but that is what they will do we know from experience)
Fly somewhere else and detonate or ram. (same thing don't hope so)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

No, I wouldn't say that. In all likelihood it's just a weird roaming thing.

The water would kill the phone, especially at depths greater then 6-10 ft. The only way I could see the phone surviving would be if the plane crashed on land.

Plus at this point were 72 hours post event
assuming the average person had an 75% charge,
and average "standby time" is 250 hrs

We could guesstimate that the phones have ~10 more days of charge. If the phones are trying to periodically acquire signal (~15minutes) then this would cut that time by 30%.

If the phones magically stop ringing in 10 days I'd find that interesting

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

That's true as well. On a forum specifically for pilots, it was mentioned that a plane would be seen on radar if it went towards the red box search zone in the Malacca Straight.

And this is probably not relevant in this case, but on that same forum, top post on page 79, a poster mentions an accessible hatch from the passenger area that can be used to get to "sensitive areas of the aircraft". So as at least one theory has been some type of gas to incapacitate everyone, so that could have happened, and apparently accessing the E/E area would give the ability to open to cockpit door, among many other things.

Again though, if they did pull off the taking over of the plane, it would have been seen on some type of radar and everyone on the plane did get searched for suspicious items (they said in the past they have found people possessing shady stuff and hauled them off).

reply to post by yourmaker

Yes. There have been two successful flight 370's flown from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing since the crash and two flight 371's, which is the return trip from Beijing to Kuala Lumpur.
edit on 10-3-2014 by ManiShuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Cell phones, use cell towers, and cell towers are easy to find. If passengers phones were connecting to a tower, we would already have found their locations. This whole phone ringing story is probably just a "weird call handling thing" by the carriers.

I am not sure why they aren't spending more time searching land. Maybe they are, for all I know.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara
[more

Apologies I'm on my phone this was just posted on twitter and few other claims passengers and the Iranian man

Posted by someone called Laura rozen reporter from Washington.

Page removed from CNN, with photo and note from alleged contact of 2 Iranian nationals on #MH370, Pouria and Reza.

Posted 12 hours ago by
mamadDC Follow

By mamadDC | Posted 12 hours ago | kuala lumpur, Malaysia

hi sir/miss
i have some information about the 2people who was in MH370 with stolen passport.
i got the information from one of the passenger mother.
and i have they picture and they real information.
on of them was my high school friend.
and i already give the information to the malaysian airline. and im on contact with his mother and i can get more information.
i thought maybe my information can help to the world.
and i put the last picture of them.
2nd on the left is pouria with Austrian passport and 1st on the right is reza with italy passport.
tank you
tl.gd... · Reply
Report post (?)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

source

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This whole ordeal is getting weirder by the hour.

This area is way too heavily populated for no wreckage to be found yet.

never mind the search crews, there are thousands of fishing boats out there, and the only reports are of a plane flying low away from the peninsula.

When the other shoe drops, it could be ugly.

Who needs a ICBM when you can just fly the bomb there.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Leonidas
Apparently, this Malaysia Airlines 777 is the same aircraft that collided with a China Eastern Airlines A340 on the tarmac while taxiing at Shanghai Pudong International Airport in 2012.
While both were damaged and did not continue their schedules, that doesn't mean that is related to what happened to MH370.

Sheer speculation, but I wonder if the collision caused a hairline crack to develop in a critical part of the wing. A crack which slowly grew over time, until finally pieces of the wing broke off, causing the plane to lose lift in that wing, which resulted in a stall from which they could not recover.

Or maybe an engine thrust reverser deployed while in flight, like the one which caused a Lauda Air B767 to spin out of control and crash back in '91:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11-3-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Right so you need an airplane I was thinking.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

puntito

Right so you need an airplane I was thinking.

It seems to me that buying or stealing a plane would be infinitely easier than hijacking one and dealing with the multitude of uncontrollable factors.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

starviego

Leonidas
Apparently, this Malaysia Airlines 777 is the same aircraft that collided with a China Eastern Airlines A340 on the tarmac while taxiing at Shanghai Pudong International Airport in 2012.
While both were damaged and did not continue their schedules, that doesn't mean that is related to what happened to MH370.

Sheer speculation, but I wonder if the collision caused a hairline crack to develop in a critical part of the wing. A crack which slowly grew over time, until finally pieces of the wing broke off, causing the plane to lose lift in that wing, which resulted in a stall from which they could not recover.

Or maybe an engine thrust reverser deployed while in flight, like the one which caused a Lauda Air B767 to spin out of control and crash back in '91:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11-3-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

On the topic of previous accidents, I'll mention China Airlines Flight 611.

22 years after an improper repair, it suffered from mid-air disintegration and it disappeared from radar after reaching 35,000 feet with no distress signal sent our any communications sent out and only 15% of the wreckage was found.

Of course with that flight, two hours after it crashed they found wreckage and within the next hour, the first body. The damage to that flight I think was worse, with it being metal fatigue. I keep thinking, though, that MH370 could just be a more extreme case of mid-air disintegration.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11-3-2014 by ManiShuck because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join