It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmocow

I guess so because the call would go to voice mail without ringing if the phone was destroyed.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

They supposedly did it without anyone knowing right? What's the point if there is a radar track?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The third man:

www.hindustantimes.com... cle1-1192707.aspx?htsw0023 (dated Sunday)
A Chinese person whose passport number is among those listed for passengers aboard the flight did not in fact board the plane, state media reported on Sunday.
The person, a resident of Fujian province in eastern China, has no departure record and is still in Fujian, the official Xinhua news agency reported, citing police. The name listed by Malaysia Airlines for the passenger was different to that of the individual who holds the passport with the number in question, Xinhua said. The owner said the passport had never been lost or stolen, it added.

Confused yet?

Also this odd note:

"As far as we're aware, every one of the people onboard that aircraft had a visa to go to China. Which means those passports were in the possession of the Chinese embassy before those visas were issued."

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

starviego

PhotonEffect
reply to post by NeoSpace

Its interesting how far west in the Malacca Straight they are looking..

What do they suspect

The fact that they are looking in the Andaman Sea means they have information they aren't telling us.

www.hindustantimes.com...#
Azharuddin said the search includes northern parts of the Malacca Strait, on the opposite side of the Malay Peninsula and far west of the plane's last known location. Azharuddin would not explain why crews were searching there, saying, "There are some things that I can tell you and some things that I can't."
edit on 10-3-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)
Yeah it tells me we're about to get a fairytale told to us. If it ends up on the wrong side of the originating country, then the whole story we've been fed is false and something else is going on. How would it get there undetected even if the transponder was off? Primary radar, I've learned, would easily track it over land. So the the Malacca Strait or the Andaman Sea would be an incredibly incredible place for it to end up being. My only thought would be, while everyone is looking in one place, they dumped a wreck in another that will be deemed the plane of interest. I guess we should have been prepared for something like this with the suggestion it "might have been turning back".

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

So we can assume it a possibility that phoned ringing still could tie into wreckage not being submerged but rather on land or in fairly shallow water.
edit on 10-3-2014 by Cosmocow because: Beer

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

starviego

"As far as we're aware, every one of the people onboard that aircraft had a visa to go to China. Which means those passports were in the possession of the Chinese embassy before those visas were issued."

werent there chinese nationals onboard?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

civpop
A fisherman did report a low flying jet ? Not sure how credible or if it was dismissed .

The authorities in Kelantan, north peninsula Malaysia, have their hands full after receiving at least two reports from the public that they saw an aircraft flying low on the same day Malaysian Airlines MH370 vanished. In his report, the owner of a fishing boat claimed that he saw an airplane flying low while he was at sea with a friend about 14.4km from Kuala Besar in Pantai Cahaya Bulan here at 1:30am on Saturday. Azid Ibrahim, 66, said the aircraft was heading towards international waters. According to him, the plane was flying so low that he could see the lights “as big as coconuts”. He said he saw the aircraft with his friend Pak De while five other anglers were asleep in the boat. In a report which appeared on a local English news portal, a man in Ketereh, 30km south of Kota Baru, claimed that he saw “bright white lights” which he believed to be that of an aircraft descending at high speed at 1:45am the same day the jetliner went missing. Businessman Alif Fathi Abdul Hadi, 29, said he was in the compound of his home when he saw the aircraft flying low, heading for Bachok and descending fast. He said he only found out about the missing jetplane the next day and decided to lodge a report at the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency office in Tok Bali late Sunday evening.

source

Some place to show up for this plane that then indeed turned back and flew under the radar as it could. I think we need a code Text Red

link   

NeoSpace
Here is a video on live tv of one of the phones ringing.

Chinese media reports that a number of families have been able to ring mobile phones of their missing loved ones but no one answers.

www.mirror.co.uk...
edit on 10-3-2014 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

I feel so bad for the family members, right now I'm thinking of the ones who are able to get their lost friends phones to ring....

Could you imagine how miserable and torturous? Knowing your loved one is gone in such a tragic, and so far, mysterious event. Yet still being able to hear their phone ring!? while the general consensus is the plane went in the ocean.....

Really really sad and I pray that they have some sort of comfort.

Sorry if this has been answered. But, is there any reason why the phones would still be ringing other then them still being intact?
edit on 10-3-2014 by GoShredAK because: Grammer

link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Bilk22

They supposedly did it without anyone knowing right? What's the point if there is a radar track?
Huh? Did what without who knowing?

Secondary radar wasn't able to track - the more accurate radar according to you - because it was off/disabled/what ever. You said yourself that primary radar would be limited in open waters and above a certain altitude - I believe you called it "spotty" or something like that. Radar operated on board a ship or other location not monitored by the originating country would have no reason to keep an eye on it. As I suggested before, there's probably lots of blobs on radar screens on or over open waters, no one pays attention to if they're at distance and do not appear to pose a threat. No one knew this plane would disappear so why would anyone pay any mind to keep track of it?

link   
The passenger list

www.malaysiaairlines.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

So the plane was spotted in the lower red point,
The plane is searched for in the blue point becasue of information we lack.
Draw a line and then draw a conclusion.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

they were supposed to have a press conference at 1:55 am GMT but it was cancelled no reason given....something is not right with this whole situation...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

If you are a transit passenger I believe you don't need to apply for a visa as you are not entering china?

Plus why would a Chinese person need a visa for their own country of residence? Is that common?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

puntito

So the plane was spotted in the lower red point,
The plane is searched for in the blue point becasue of information we lack.
Draw a line and then draw a conclusion.
How reliable is the source saying they are searching at the blue dot?
The plane was traveling northeast before contact was lost, not northwest.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by puntito

If that's actually what they were attempting, surely it must have crashed. Wouldn't radar in India pick it up? Or surely any of the surveillance the US is doing in the area it would have flown through?

And they are searching more south of where that blue dot is. Here's an infographic from BBC.

edit on 10-3-2014 by ManiShuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by puntito

I'm starting to think this birds crashed on land or fairly shallow H2O...cell phones still ringing...possible turn around...nothing found...me drinking beer editby]edit on 10-3-2014 by Cosmocow because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2014 by Cosmocow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

Sometimes a phone will Ring if the phone is roaming, other times it will ring because it's trying to acquire a signal, even if it's off. I live in nyc, and when I call my girlfriend on her way home to pick up a grocery it'll ring once or twice if she's on the train... She has no service, but it's just trying to acquire a signal still.

Oddly enough a popular app over there called QQ (smartphone app) still has a few of the people on the flight logged in... This is also pretty interesting. Now they could be logged in on multiple devices (ie: ipad, computer, etc), but still adds another thin layer of mystery over this subject

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmocow

By any means this is a conspiration site, so we need some food right.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

ManiShuck
reply to post by puntito

If that's actually what they were attempting, surely it must have crashed. Wouldn't radar in India pick it up? Or surely any of the surveillance the US is doing in the area it would have flown through?
Wouldn't radar in Malaysia pick it up if it doubled back? Or does radar only work in one direction? > this is sarcasm
edit on 26116Tuesdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

ManiShuck

given the flight was planned to fly with enough fuel and a bit extra for flight to beijing, and that atleast onehour of fuel had already been used up before turning around.. it would most likely have run out of fuel

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join