It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

jacobe001
What if they could devise a mechanism where the blackbox is uplinked to a satellite via a trip switch / pressure change / impact sensor etc? Like an air bag is on a car?
If the plane suddenly loses power, as might be the case in this instance, there's no power to uplink anything. But the data is already recorded inside the black box so it can still be analyzed.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Following the past Earthquake that shook japan and especially Fukishima, we were told how 'Tsunami' registers had been set-up around coastal areas across certain parts of the Globe to help give future early warnings etc. Surely they would have shown signs of a fair size plane hitting the water from such a great height ??? Wonder if they have been checked - or maybe nothing was setup ?? around such coastal areas. If that black box gadget is still pipping out a signal then at least one Naval vessel should be able to locate such, What a terrific Modern Yech warld this proves to be.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by steaming

Even if it hit intact it wouldn't create large waves though. Any type of big wave it created would be short lived and dissipate quickly.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

And them falling out of the sky suddenly, after YEARS of accident free flying wouldn't be?

You'd be amazed, how people who are suppose to keep an eye out for that kind of activity would turn around, and pretend that it didn't happen.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I know, but sound does travel through water at least 7 times faster than through air, so a small ripple would still be shown somewhere, .

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here you go guys, been working on this for a bit now. Didn't work in Google Chrome for me, had to bust out the ol' Internet Explorer.

Click for the story and how to join the hunt.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

And you don't think anyone else would figure it out when after some of the safest years of commercial air travel, several aircraft suddenly fall out of the sky in the exact same manner within a very short period of time?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be creepy if they landed at the airport in say about 2 weeks, their familys and authorities are asking what happend where have you all been for the last 2 weeks, and the people on the plane are like huh what are you talking about it was only a 6 hour flight.

Maby I have been watching to much Syfy
edit on 10-3-2014 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
My question is/was was the flight already altering its heading to 40deg or was it taking avoiding action/suddenly moved of course by something that would have made the change of course heading and sudden.immediate loss of hight?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

So I guess I shouldn't listen to former NTSB chief Hall? He tells me we should demand what the military has...a box that ejects on impact, rises to the surface, and is easier to find. The interview will be on again during the 11pm show.

What Hall has stated I have not read here anywhere. And another ATS member saw the interview too

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

projectspacey
Here you go guys, been working on this for a bit now. Didn't work in Google Chrome for me, had to bust out the ol' Internet Explorer.

Click for the story and how to join the hunt.

Good idea, here is the link with pics

www.tomnod.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

72 pages....I hate to ask this because am going to bet it has already been asked.
The pilots failed to report in at 1:21am and dissapeared from radar at 2:40.

That is ~1:19 minutes when they could have been unconscious from depressurization but still on auto pilot? There have been planes that flew across the Us in such instances on ap due to the pilot having a heart attack etc. Or breach.....

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Crowd source the search. but at a pixel = to 1/2 meter it's going to be hard to make out stuff unless large.

Still a good idea.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

Sounds similar to steven kings the langoliers

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

jacobe001
reply to post by NeoSpace

Sounds similar to steven kings the langoliers

Love that movie/mini-series.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmocow

Did I say that anywhere? But to make it out that the military is so far ahead of civilian safety features isn't right either. In his opinion military safety features should be on all planes, and in some cases I agree. In others civil safety features are probably a little better.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

can EMP disable the black box completely?

peace

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dodol

Any kind of power failure will knock it out, except for the locators.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Do black boxes contain the ADS-B transponder?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Arbitrageur

jacobe001
What if they could devise a mechanism where the blackbox is uplinked to a satellite via a trip switch / pressure change / impact sensor etc? Like an air bag is on a car?
If the plane suddenly loses power, as might be the case in this instance, there's no power to uplink anything. But the data is already recorded inside the black box so it can still be analyzed.

Forgot to add, this does make sense given the worst possible scenarios.
The recovery rate, given time is pretty high usually anyways?

I can only think of the WTC plane crashes as some exceptions

edit on 10-3-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join