It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

You have got to ask yourself why they would sit on it for days, especailly as they have expended resources looking for the plane too.

They couldn't decide if they would sell for much on EBay. Were they not complaining about other nations work.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

qd22vcc
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

I can seem to tell what area we are searching on Tomnod for the 9th...I believe I only found a ship....

You did way better than myself, I only saw clouds.

I just want to say that I think it's so awesome when people come together for a good cause and have only good intentions. So if no one has said it to you today or even for awhile - you are appreciated

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yes the 2### is the same series and the ER just stands for Extended Range, they are just slightly different mods on the same basic airframe of the same diemensions, there is a bigger version called the 300 series but again there are different versions of that aswel.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Bilk22

Leonidas
It appears that nobody can count on China to release any information until they have thoroughly considered all the possible implications of each disclosure.

While that may make sense to them, that has to be frustrating for their partners involved in the search.
Yeah that must be it

Why do you think they are delaying disclosures?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Leonidas

Bilk22

Leonidas
It appears that nobody can count on China to release any information until they have thoroughly considered all the possible implications of each disclosure.

While that may make sense to them, that has to be frustrating for their partners involved in the search.
Yeah that must be it

Why do you think they are delaying disclosures?
I said this in an earlier post. Check the date and time. Oh read the prior post to that one too
I must be psychic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

roadgravel

Were they not complaining about other nations work.

Yes China was complaining. They have 138 passengers and Malaysia would not relinquish control of the search to anyone, even though there is apparently an international treaty to do so.

But you have to be realistic. China and Malaysia are not in good standing even before this event and they(China) have to keep their secrets secret. Not just from Malaysia but the rest of the world. In China's eyes releasing this imagery may be putting 1.3 billion citizens in danger.

I know that sounds cold-blooded, but it makes sense.
edit on 12-3-2014 by OatDelphi because: spelling/grammar

link   

in perspective.
One thing is to have the pictures
and one thing is to find a 60 feet object.
that takes three days it took.

link   

zenlyfe
reply to post by Cosmocow

Looks like this is the audio clip people are referring too?

If anyone speaks malay i guess we could use a translation
edit on 12-3-2014 by zenlyfe because: Embedded youtube link

"Actually they already found at 6:50p yesterday but it was already dark so they sent an aircraft to the place but they can't see anything. So today they continue the search and rescue then they have found some still in the plane with the life jacket. I got the news from TDM Bantua (? inaudible) that they are making arrangments for the bodies... (inaudible / uncertain) ... bring it here because they have found the swimmer / floating(?) at Pulau Perak and a lot of life jackets"

-All credits to my wife
edit on 12-3-2014 by gisolator because: added quote

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ok just read this...

The Chinese agency that published the satellite pictures actually released them Wednesday night local time. In what appears to be something of a big miss, until CNN and the BBC reported the pictures in the past hour, they went pretty much un-noticed.

Goes on to say...

The Chinese agency that published the satellite pictures actually released them Wednesday night local time. In what appears to be something of a big miss, until CNN and the BBC reported the pictures in the past hour, they went pretty much un-noticed. But the American arm of the Chinese-funded English-language broadcaster, CCTV, tweeted the pictures seven hours ago. The Twitter account of CCTV America, at the time of writing, has 8,226 followers.

So if this is true, perhaps too much information out there, as a consequence some of it got lost.

That said, it still hung around for a couple of days before being picked up.

Linky to source

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

solargeddon
Then again, this just up on the Gaurdian site...

You have got to ask yourself why they would sit on it for days, especailly as they have expended resources looking for the plane too.

This is going to sound crazy but, from the outset, th official Chinese government stated something to the effect that it would be good for geo-political relations to team up with other countries in the sea in that area. I assume because that territory has historically been a point of contention.
(Propaganda)

The point behind so that some backroom negotiations, err, demands transpire between China, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand and possibly even the Philippines.

There is no mention of even finding the plane via the Chinese government (only media outlet):
news.xinhuanet.com...

In my mind, that's just wrong to do when we are talking about possible lost lives and families. =-( [

editby]edit on 12-3-2014 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2014 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Looks like a horizontal stabilizer

i2.photobucket.com...
i2.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Sounds like the size of the 'debris' that China just released photos of are too large. Hope it is, don't get me wrong. But in that part of the world, heavy shipping area, could be anything. Even Japan tsunami debris still making the rounds. Who knows.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Oh and the TOMNOD site, I've been cruising on it pretty good today but it seems to just give you random maps to look at. Is one able to zoom out, pick a certain place to search, zoom back in and then do close up searching? I've spotted an oil rig but for all I know I'm looking in the Gulf of Mexico.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

UKGuy1805

Yes the 2### is the same series and the ER just stands for Extended Range, they are just slightly different mods on the same basic airframe of the same diemensions, there is a bigger version called the 300 series but again there are different versions of that aswel.
Thanks for the reply, but to phrase the question more clearly, does the airworthiness directive apply to the missing aircraft or not? Note they list the -300 and the -300ER.

Why would they do this for the 300 series and not the 200 series, where they don't list the 200ER? They list a 200LR but the missing aircraft is ER. It's not really clear even after reading your reply if it applies to the missing aircraft.

The FAA directive on cracks applies to all Boeing 777-200, -200LR, -300, -300ER, and -777F series airplanes. The missing jet is a 777-2H6/ER.

edit on 12-3-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Could this be the missing aircraft? (pic in link):
www.mirror.co.uk...

The image spotted by Mike Seberger shows a plane-shaped object under a bank of white cloud in the Gulf of Thailand, an arm of the South China Sea.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Can someone guide me in the right direction? Cant find a forum for help w posting images from pc...a black small box pops up and cant do anything?

Found an image on Tomnod just now and doesnt quite look like a boat...and when i scroll down a little I marked another image? hmmm

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Somewhere in these 100+ pages I think someone posted the Flight Tracker sequence for MH370 and noted the different plane at about the 2:00 mark that takes off fast. It's below the flight path of MH370 but heading in the same general trajectory. It speeds up, then slows down, then drops off radar about 3:00 mark, disappears in the general area they are now supposedly finding debris?

The plane in question is incoming to Malaysia up until about the 2:00 mark, then does a 180 and shoots out to sea.
edit on 12-3-2014 by inshel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

qd22vcc
Can someone guide me in the right direction? Cant find a forum for help w posting images from pc...a black small box pops up and cant do anything?
You can ask for help in the ats freshman's forum, but as a general rule for any browser issues, if one browser doesn't work, try another browser.

There's an existing thread there Please tell me how to post pictures
edit on 12-3-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Yes i would say the missing plane is included in the list as i think the way they expressed it was - All 200 srs planes upto the last in that series the LR(Long Range).
Hope that helps

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Thanks! I posted pics long time ago but the site has been updated...going to try a new browser and forum

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join