It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There is no evidence whatsoever for a terrorist attack right at this point. That is all completely baseless speculation. There are a number of reasons that can have caused this tragedy that do not involve conspiracies.

Baseless conjecture serves no purpose at this point.

There is a real possibility of recovering enough physical evidence, including flight data recorders that can be used to find the real cause.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Boeing777

Since when could a bomb not blow a plane apart? I'm not saying it was but a bomb would easily tear it apart with no warning or radio calls.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

obiwankirk
I am an Airline Pilot and have collected quite a bit of info on this Boeing B777 mystery. You will find insight in my latest blog post:
bizjetway.blogspot.co.uk...

Oh I see you joined Today...welcome aboard.
OpinionatedB is right be careful of T&C
None the less welcome aboard..

link   
reply to post by spoonbender

You are right. Takeoff and landing are tge busiest and most dangerous portions of flight.

link   
Seems someone is following this thread. someone updated the WIKI page for MH370 for the passenger list. They've noted the two individuals did not board the aircraft and passports were stolen.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8-3-2014 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Leonidas
There is no evidence whatsoever for a terrorist attack right at this point. That is all completely baseless speculation. There are a number of reasons that can have caused this tragedy that do not involve conspiracies.

Baseless conjecture serves no purpose at this point.

There is a real possibility of recovering enough physical evidence, including flight data recorders that can be used to find the real cause.

Other than a very powerful bomb, what could have cause an airplane, in clear weather, to suddenly break-up enough to immediately disappears from radar? I'm guessing things like birds and electrical fires would first make the plane go off course/descend for at least a minute before crashing.

I don't know too much about plane crashes but something doesn't seem right here.
edit on March 8th 2014 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

No worries! Sometimes I need coffee injections... not just a cup or too! hahahaha

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well, if what they say about there being two oil slicks, rather than one... this would mean that it broke apart, or that at least one wing is far from the other...

So something happened, but what that was we cannot know before an investigation...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Just throwing this out there, what about a meteor hit or an elusive maneuver?

Fireballs are memorable sights, but not all that rare, not even for pilots. On November 20, only a few weeks after the Sudan meteor, another large object fell toward Earth, this time over Saskatchewan, Canada, east of Edmonton. Among the hundreds who reported seeing the meteor was J.R. Novak, a pilot for Spec Engineering of Calgary, who saw it from his altitude of 9,000 feet as a "flaming red trail" ending in an explosion. Pilot Mark Lavoie likened it to an emergency flare.

That evening, United Parcel Service pilots Mike Meyer and Paul Locraft were on their way home to Anchorage, Alaska, in an MD-11. They were at 37,000 feet near the border of Alberta and Saskatchewan when a fireball as bright as the sun appeared in their windscreen, heading away from them on a parallel course. "We went from a resting heart rate to max heart rate in about two seconds," says Meyer. "I thought it was an airplane that had just turned on its landing light before it was going to hit us. Paul thought it was a missile." It took them only a few seconds to realize that the bright light, already fading to red, was a meteor. But in those few seconds, says Meyer, "we both thought that was our last moment here on Earth."

Read more: www.airspacemag.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

The "Trip" has very little composite construction in it. It's mostly standard aircraft aluminum.

As for the Comet, those accidents had nothing to do with the materials , but were caused by having square windows.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

At the altitude they were flying it is highly unlikely that any birds would be present. As a high time airline pilot I have not seen birds above 10,000 feet except in updraft conditions. IMHO

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

In 19 years and 7 million flights this is the third and by far the worst crash kof a 777. It's in no danger of being grounded even over a structural failure.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

mab2571
reply to post by onehuman

It also came on the night after the Malaysian Court of Appeal dished out a kangaroo sentence on the Opposition Leader earlier in the day, so from a superstition point of view, there is "blood debt" to pay for the Malaysian power-that-be elites, sacrifice to make so-to-speak, for such injustice.
Though I have the highest respect for your beliefs, these casualties probably had little to do, if at all, with your country's politics especially since most of them were Chinese and foreigners.

They've just spotted an oil slick in the suspected crash site:

Crews searching for Malaysian plane spot oil slicks off Vietnam

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

It is quite true that a bomb may cause rapid disintegration, but the area where it lost contact was over a very busy shipping lane. I can even see the ships and oil rig below me from the window seat on a clear day, which would be around 30k feet cruising altitude during the many times that I flew over the South China Sea. Unless it is a new kind of bomb that does not cause visual impact during the explosion, someone would have seen the plane exploded, either a ship down below, one of the many oil rigs that dot the area or even fishing boat from Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines. And at night, someone will bound to notice something unusual in the sky. Thus far there are still no such report.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Boeing777

True. Data Link, GPS, etc, would all work for awhile. Terrorist attack is unlikely IMO.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Ocean currents and riptides can also divide a slick. Or it could have started as two distinct slicks if the plane broke up prior to impact with the sea.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
not looking good. CNN reports 2 people listed on plane not actually aboard, passports stolen years ago...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

There are several possibilities that do not require a bomb.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Zaphod58

The "Trip" has very little composite construction in it. It's mostly standard aircraft aluminum.

As for the Comet, those accidents had nothing to do with the materials , but were caused by having square windows.

I never saw reference to square windows. All I've read was related to metal fatigue

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Weather causing a condition where they go out of control (not likely here). Air France 447 ran into this.

Maintenance not done properly. Japan 123 crashed after the aft pressure bulkheas was replaced and installed improperly.

Human error of some kind. Say a cargo door wasn't latched properly. It could open in flight causing major structural damage. United 811 (although that was a latch problem not human error).

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join