It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
To clarify, the GPS on aircraft is a satellite receiver. It only provides information to the crew and does not transmit information. The transponder is a transceiver. It transmits and receives information from ground based facilities. The Datalink is also a transceiver, transmitting and receiving information.

link   

Cosmocow
not looking good. CNN reports 2 people listed on plane not actually aboard, passports stolen years ago...

The plane has crashed losing all aboard, that classifies as "not looking good", or are you referring something specific about the passengers with travelling on stolen documents?

link   
there were 2 passengers, an Italian and Australian, on board using stolen passports...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

The metal fatigue was occuring at the corners of the windows, where the 90 degree cut caused a weakening. After changing to an oval cut the problem ceased.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Here in Germany one newspaper says that the italian passenger, who should be on board, called his family from Thailand, is alive and well. And in an other newspaper a comment said, that the passport of the italian guy and the passport of the austrian guy, who is alive too, were stolen in the last two years. They both claimed, that they never bought a ticket for this flight. Reminds me to the work of Intelligence Agencies, but in the massmedia here they starting to throw the T(Terror)-Bomb...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

As suddenly as the ADS-b data ended it had to be an inflight breakup.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

I know, bad choice of words. No matter the how it happened, the situation is not good.

However, how two confirmed passengers were not on the plane, is what i meant as not good news. No good news exists at this point, but to know people boarded with stolen passports is a scary tidbit of info.

And sadly, at this point, i hope for an accident and not purposeful act.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Leonidas
reply to post by Daughter2

There are several possibilities that do not require a bomb.

What are these possibilities? I'm not being sarcastic - I really don't know.

If these disappear instantly from radar, wouldn't the only reasonable explanation be an explosion strong enough to instantly tear the entire plane apart? I don't think an open door or a moderate hole would do that?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
What are the chances two of the passengers reported to be on the manifest, were not on the flight and had passports stolen within the last two years? Then the report of the plane landing safely is 404d? All that coupled with the image vanishing from tracking, no mayday call and no observational reports? These are certainly red flags. IMO

Edit: Let's add that someone updated the manifest to reflect the inconsistencies.
edit on 8-3-2014 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Cosmocow

I know, bad choice of words. No matter the how it happened, the situation is not good.

However, how two confirmed passengers were not on the plane, is what i meant as not good news. No good news exists at this point, but to know people boarded with stolen passports is a scary tidbit of info.

And sadly, at this point, i hope for an accident and not purposeful act.

In the US alone, over 50,000 passports are stolen per year according to the state department. Just plain ole' criminals are usually the thieves apparently. They are used in smuggling and identity theft for the most part. By definition, Smugglers want to live just like everyone else on the plane.

While it could be evidence of something more nefarious, it could also be a red herring.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm not one to sensationalize what's happening, but:
-Rapid loss of radar contact
-2 unknown individuals on the plane with fake passports
-2 distinct oil slicks.

If all the above are true then I fear a bomb is a definitely a possibility at the very least.

Only after we recover the plane and identify these 2 unknown people will we be sure what really is happening.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

This is a fast moving thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That should take you to the answer to your question.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Yea, but do these criminals typically travel with faked documents... Highly doubtful.

These things are used for identity fraud, not international traveling.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Granite
reply to post by Biigs

In January 2010, a Chinese submarine launched an ICBM off Los Angeles coast line...which is the Military Industrial Complex Headquarters front porch.
So there will be a direct response by TPTB some day...plenty of in-direct response has occurred since the incident.

I starred this post because.. The Chinese did indeed launch this ICBM.
PTB denied it.. it was however an unmistakable missile track.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Of course it could be. But this would be the first time i've ever read of passengers with stolen passports, whether it be smugglers or idenity theifs, boarding then perishing in a plane crash.

So to me, this is a very important piece of information that may play into the eventual fate of this plane. To me, "This isn't looking good"...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The aircraft did squawk 7700 although the timings do not seem to match with the incident. 7700 is a general emergency whereas 7500 is a hijacking.

s1237.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Boeing777

Thanks for the wiki page.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Boeing777

There was no chance to. All the data points to a sudden catastrophic failure.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Been following the events on this one since the news broke. I've friends in Malaysia, Australia and China who are worried so prayers for the crew and passengers of the missing plane are the best help we can all give for now.

Just to put it out there and for those who just joined in, Yahoo Malaysia seems to be updated on the latest news. Here's a link for those who want the latest rundown of events.

#PrayForMH370

And here's a link that another poster shared awhile ago, showing a tracking history of the flight.

Flight Track MH370

It's a long shot though but as I imagine what the families and loved ones of the passengers and crew are going through right now, I so badly want to believe in a miracle. I'm praying for a miracle.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join