It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Italian network Retequattro reported an hour ago that the italian citizen in the passenger list had called home from Thailand telling his father he is alive and well and has never been on that flight.
Journalist speculated about a false/stolen passport. System records show this individual checked in and boarded flight MH370 at Kuala Lumpur for Beijing.

3 Italian Sources confirm that passenger Luigi Maraldi was not on flight MH370 as stated by the passenger manifesto.
www.horsemoonpost.com...

www.blitzquotidiano.it...

He reported his passport stolen in Thailand on August 1 2013

Passenger manifesto: images.says.com...

Passenger number 35
edit on 8-3-2014 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I am an Airline Pilot and have collected quite a bit of info on this Boeing B777 mystery. You will find insight in my latest blog post:
bizjetway.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Boeing777

Odd you chose you user name back in 2013.
And now you're here now.

In light of a bad situation.
It gave me a small chuckle.
Keep the info flowing!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by obiwankirk

I think it is against T&C's to link to your own blog. Better to just say whatever you might like here...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

Well, Vietnam is saying they spotted two huge oil slicks, and they are underway with a search and rescue mission now in that area... lets see if they turn anything up.

The stolen passport may account for the conflicting reports.

edit on 8-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Boeing 777-2H6ER registered 9M-MRO suffered wing damage in 2012.
news.xinhuanet.com...
pic.feeyo.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Boeing777

Luigi Maraldo.
Well if true. One family can breath and have tears of happiness.
I would give the emotion happy face smile with a tear but we don't have one.

So I'll inform ATS that I myself have a smile with a tear. Small silver lining I suppose.

Good work Boeing 777.
< that's me.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

obiwankirk
I am an Airline Pilot and have collected quite a bit of info on this Boeing B777 mystery. You will find insight in my latest blog post:
bizjetway.blogspot.co.uk...

Thanks for that..from a retired AARF FIREFIGHTER II

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The stolen passport may account for the conflicting reports.

edit on 8-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

Wait I must have missed something. Stolen passport?
And yes I saw the oil slick post and confirmation by search and rescue.
Thank you.
Star 4 u

IT WON'T HIGHLIGHT

THIS IS A REPLY TO "OPINIONATEDB "

edit on 8-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Italian passport holders need a valid visa to enter China, so there had to be (a real or forged) visa sticker in that passport for whoever was using that passport to be permitted t board.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
For a terrorist act, it is a bit illogical to use an airline of a fellow Muslim country for this attack, as despite the large number of Chinese nationals on the passenger list, it is nevertheless a Malaysian aircraft and the attack will rather be seen as directed towards Malaysia than China. Also, criminals in the past have tended to proudly and quickly claim responsibility for such an attack; as far as I know such word is still not out on this accident.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Thanks Opinionatedb and Boeing.

I did read it...man I need another cup of coffee..still waking up.

Slurp ahhhhh....OK all I had to do was scroll up and RE-READ! Duh

Thanx for your patience..
Star for yinz..for pointing me to the info that I read and was not awake just yet apparently

edit on 8-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Boeing777

Italian passport holders need a valid visa to enter China, so there had to be (a real or forged) visa sticker in that passport for whoever was using that passport to be permitted t board.

That appears to be a big case of karma knocking on the door of an identity thief.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

(Smirking)..
Jeeeesh! Yes talk about karma!
(
) but still feeling for the rest and their families.
edit on 8-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: there is not their..they're gonna ding me for grammer

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
For those waking up across North America that havent read the whole thread:

- It is confirmed that the plane went down in the Gulf of Thailand, just off the southern coast of Vietnam and Cambodia.

- The reports of the plane landing safely in Nanning, China are false.

- There is no know cause at this time.

- The Vietnamese Navy has located the area the plane went down, but nothing else at this point (9:00am eastern time zone)

- It is nighttime in the region of the crash and the airborne search has been called off until daylight. The search continues on the water.

- China, Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia and others in the region are cooperating in the search efforts. America is sending a destroyer in the area to offer assistance as well.

Hopefully this will help people avoid the emotional rollercoaster of reading false reports that the plane is safe only to discover that is not true.

Good morning to you all. Spare a thought for the families involved and give one of your own loved one's a hug.
edit on 8-3-2014 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It appears they have found oil slicks probably associated with the aircraft.
As an aviation professional for over 30 years, the idea of composite aircraft that big has always concerned me. Sure, they test the crap out of these materials and in theory, can perform as well or better than existing metals. But the under laying concern is the longevity of the composite. How long can they really take the pressures exerted on them? Aluminum and associated materials are proven to last a decade or more depending on there use. As you know, the English "Comet" was built out of the earlier aluminum composites and they found that they were breaking up in flight due to the pressure being exerted and released time and time again. They had to put a plane in a pool of water and pressure it, release the pressure,, before they discovered that the aircraft were "popping" open and disintegrating in mid flight.
Now we read where this particular aircraft was involved in a ramp collision some time back. Could this incident have weakened the structure, allowing it to come apart? Time will tell (and, depending on how much of the aircraft that can be recovered).

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
According to Austrian Foreign Ministry the Austrian on the manifest is well and in Austria. His passport had been reported stolen 2 years ago in Thailand. This has been reported by APA news agency in Austria.

www.apa.at...

The Foreign Ministry in Vienna was allowed to announce the good news. "He's doing fine, healthy and in Austria," said spokesman Martin Weiss of the APA. The man was about two years ago in Thailand, the passport had been stolen.The reports which suggest multiple stolen passports were used to board this flight are rather concerning.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Boeing777
For a terrorist act, it is a bit illogical to use an airline of a fellow Muslim country for this attack, as despite the large number of Chinese nationals on the passenger list, it is nevertheless a Malaysian aircraft and the attack will rather be seen as directed towards Malaysia than China. Also, criminals in the past have tended to proudly and quickly claim responsibility for such an attack; as far as I know such word is still not out on this accident.

See my post up the page.

If indeed, it's discovered that the composite failed, they will probably blame it on a terrorist act so they can keep these new 777's in the air...
edit on 8-3-2014 by wrkn4livn because: Text

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

Regarding the terrorist theory, whether or not the passport was false/stolen, it is not obvious how such a person could have created an explosion large enough to have knocked out all power simultaneously. That did not happen at Lockerbie, and the falling elements were large enough to have radar traces.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join