It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot flies within 40 meters of Giant Pyramid UFO - Daylight sighting 1996

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Specimen
reply to post by Kratos40

I personally believe that the phoenix lights were individual craft, in a uniform position, instead of large, partially invisible craft.
This:

Doesn't look like this:

The lights in your first photo are military flares. The second picture is an artist's rendition of the craft that was being reported a couple hours prior to the flare drop.

Great and fascinating event, particularly the official reaction - or lack thereof.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Flares and ghost lanterns are the usual suspects, and even planes, when it comes to orange orb sightings. Although the unlikely hood of actually getting a glimpse of one is rather difficult, and WILL definitely be considerably hard to believe.

Balls of fires for a space craft(Well, Liquidy anyways). Yea. Incredibly hard to believe. However, I even thought to myself, that they would be the most dominant Ufo. Again, this just wild assuming guess. Hardly credible.

And hell, Im to the point where I could care less.
edit on 8-3-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Hi, Nope! You're right! I would no way fly that close. However, I have flown formation and aerobatics quite a bit, so I guess that would feel quite normal to me in smaller aircraft, but yep you're right, it's not normal operation in Commercial aircraft.....but then again this was a small bug smasher!!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

CaptainBeno

Hi, Nope! You're right! I would no way fly that close. However, I have flown formation and aerobatics quite a bit, so I guess that would feel quite normal to me in smaller aircraft, but yep you're right, it's not normal operation in Commercial aircraft.....but then again this was a small bug smasher!!

Yeah, that's the part of this story that sounds fishy, why a pilot seeing something strange nearby decides to fly at it instead of steering away for safety sake to avoid a collision. I mean, flying formation or aerobatics is something one does with deliberate intention, comfortable in the knowledge that the other aircraft are all operating with the same intentions. This guy decides to try and scrape some paint off with his wingtip, not knowing anything about the other craft or it's flight path.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

True, but if I personally saw "This". I'm guessing I would have a quick look, although not that close! I have messed around with stationary objects before - Bridges, buildings, trees etc etc even huge Ariel masts but this would be waaaayyyyyy different. Put it this way, if I saw this I would not be getting that close, well the fist time at least!

(post by chromiumbluesix removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zazen

Living in AZ I've run into folks who saw the v-shaped, 5 light, incredibly huge object called the "Phoenix Lights" as it glided silently over the middle of a large state in the busy early evening. Many, many people saw it... including the goofy governor.

Personally, I believe it happened as reported (minus the flare confusion from later). Talking to certain eyewitnesses about it would convince most anyone. I was inside that night and missed it, but I saw something that same year, 1997, a few months later, that stayed with me. A long, white cylinder that I first thought was a tubular kite or balloon that stayed stationary in the afternoon sky that was in stark relief in front of the dark clouds of an oncoming thunderstorm.

I changed my mind about it being a kite or balloon when I watched it relative to a phone pole and it didn't move in the slightest for over five full minutes in 30 mph gusty winds on the ground (and higher turbulence in front of an oncoming "monsoon" storm). I also noticed it was larger than I first thought because of distance haze and have since figured it to be much larger than a passenger jet. The handful of strangers watching it with me were gradually awestruck as well.

So, that ...plus seeing an orange light paneled, diamond shaped, van sized craft silently gliding through a residential desert neighborhood in the wee hours... and seeing dozens of lights in the sky over the years doing "impossible" maneuvers (like meeting in the sky, stopping a moment and then zipping around each other as if tethered and flying off in opposite directions at incredible speeds to vanish over the horizon in under three seconds- or stopping, making right angled turns, etc) ) and hearing about even weirder incidents from trusted family and friends, I am convinced of some unknown tech and/or lifeforms.

Then there's the many believable incidents reported by folks that seem reliable ...over so many years... and a flying pyramid doesn't seem all that weird.

There was a video of a similar pyramid object in China near a nuke plant a few years ago on Youtube that I was convinced was pro-level cgi until I saw the fuzzy, hard to notice little craft exiting and entering the thing as it slowly rotated... and since these sort of things are in fact seen, had to think "maybe."

So this incident isn't going to convince anyone who's on the fence or firmly in the "nope" mindset... but it's cool to read about anyhow.

edit on 3/10/2014 by Baddogma because: tidy

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

You know you are making fool of yourself, right? Just saying.
-----

To me this looks like another object that could have connection to die Glocke, i.e to be some sort of drone or object developed by the military... even if the Nazi have uncovered some other type of flying technology. I don't see an alien connection or indication as many people think - super-duper travel tech must mean alien. The military... if they took over revolutionary discoveries and inventions, for 60 years, may develop technology that can look too high to be human.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

BaddogmaThere was a video of a similar pyramid object in China near a nuke plant a few years ago on Youtube that I was convinced was pro-level cgi until I saw the fuzzy, hard to notice little craft exiting and entering the thing as it slowly rotated... and since these sort of things are in fact seen, had to think "maybe."

Small fuzzy crafts can be computer generated as well.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Probably a hoax, but maybe I'm wrong. WTF do I know.

Sigh. There're so many witness reports all over the world foir the past 50 years. I don't know what it's, but something is up and I don't trust anyone.

The problem is it's so much easier to believe it's a hallucination or mirage or hoax or whatever than ti's to think it's alien or super military craft. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, bottom line. That's why we're where we're.

If aliens or super advanced military craft are really in existence you'd think somewhere or somehow there'd be very good HD video of it. As they say, these videos or pics are always blurry. Why? It's very suspicious. Maybe the aliens can travel through time or something and destroy the good evidence.

Something. If you believe the stories, it might as well be Santa Claus.
edit on 11-3-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Thanks for the post,
I agree that it could be a hoax.

I disagree with this though:

The problem is it's so much easier to believe it's a hallucination or mirage or hoax or whatever than ti's to think it's alien or super military craft.

If the UFO phenomenon were confined to just a few cases I would agree with you, but the fact is there have been thousands of credible and unexplained sightings—(not the 95% or more that can be explained). The interesting thing is that the vast majority of these credible unexplained sightings conform to specific patterns relating to the appearance and behavior of the craft.

If all these sightings are mirages, hallucinations and hoaxes, why are they all misidentified as the same objects, looking the same way, moving in the same way etc...

I think this suggests a phenomenon distinct and individual from the misidentifications.

edit on 11-3-2014 by thesearchfortruth because: eta

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Specimen
I personally believe that the phoenix lights were individual craft, in a uniform position, instead of large, partially invisible craft.

There are some people who think it might have been both. Two different events. The large, partially invisible craft appears first to the northwest of Phoenix and flies roughly southeast. Then, shortly thereafter, the military flies over and drops flares where it had been, partially to see if they can still get a bead on it and perhaps engage it (they can't), partially to obfuscate the earlier sighting.

One curious detail that isn't mentioned very much by the "nuts and bolts" UFO researchers -- alleged psychic communication with the first big ship.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

That what I'm curious about. The nuts and bolts, or physical description. Like the second picture in my earlier post, says to me that it was seen at twilight. While looking at the video, its pitch black. Although there are supposed'd details that Jets were trying to scramble in the air.

As for flares being a scapegoat, probably. However, I'll still go with Individual orbs.

Anyways, I hear a lot things about the incident on various shows and what not. I'm pretty sure I saw one show, talking about the same sighting, a family got abducted and said it was by quadruped aliens, with the usual butt inspection, probing horror seen.
edit on 11-3-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by conundrummer

Yah, I know... simply said "maybe."

I mean I've seen enough weird sky vehicles (or something) to know UFO's occur and could well be unknown phenom rather than mis-IDs, but I'm not positive of anything, especially Youtube videos.

But it's a fine idea to leave room for a "maybe."

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

What is really annoying about so many sightings like this one, is that very seldom does the person take a photo. Without photos, most people's credibility of a UFO sighting crashes and burns faster than an area 51 incident. This is why we are all so skeptical of UFO sightings. No proof. No pictures. And, if a control tower over Brazil picked up a soccer-field sized UFO, don't you think they would have launched military jets to investigate, instead of asking a civilian in a personal plane to do the job?

I believe in alien life, but its is rare to find any photo evidence to lend credibility to the concept. #TakeAFreakinPicture

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zazen

Can't help but connect this UFO to one reported to have appeared over Nuremberg, Germany in the 1500's. The entire city of Nuremberg witnessed an air battle among multiple UFOs, with the appearance of a large black triangular ship showing up later. How can an entire city be wrong? In fact, it was written about in the city newspaper (a broadsheet at the time) and an illustration was created depicting the scene. See an article with the illustration here:

UFO Battle Over Nuremberg Seen By Entire City
edit on 30-3-2014 by KanuTruth because: Found type-o

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KanuTruth

Wasn't a military airport. The military installation nearest to the event was hundreds of miles away and didn't see anything on radar.
What you are saying about the photos can be true, but the pilot most likely didn't have a camera while he was in the air.

#TakeAFreakinPicture

Also, hash tags don't work here...

cheers

edit on 30-3-2014 by thesearchfortruth because: eta

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KanuTruth

There are many reasons why he may not have taken a picture though. Maybe he didn't have his camera on hand - his camera could have been stowed away such that getting to it was not possible while flying a plane. Or maybe he didn't even have a camera on him (this is 1996 after all).
As to why the people on the ground didn't take a picture? Who knows. I know that I would have kept my eyes on the object. If I were presented with something so odd and fantastical, I know I wouldn't even blink, in case the phenomenon disappears in that instant. I don't think I'd run for a camera, even if the thought had come to my mind. We have to remember that the first thing on people's minds isn't going to be the same thing as the people on this forum. Most people aren't necessarily looking for evidence of aliens, so the thought of proving their experience to others isn't going to a high priority in these situations.
I personally have a hard time believing this is a hoax. I've noticed that people don't just stop at one hoax. They generally have a series of 'sightings' over the course of years. Its been almost 20 years - I'm sure he would have been involved in other 'sightings' if he were indeed a hoaxer.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
There are many pyramids in the world but nasa found new pyramid in mars.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join