It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 630
<< 627  628  629    631  632  633 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: letscit
a reply to: Xcathdradude, go about 300 pages back. hey that's what you do to people. I put everything but my address.

I have no idea what your post here is referring to. Elaborate please.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: IamTheManWithThePlan

Please learn about Kosovo and the false claim people make about the 2 situations. Hell even the UN members have stated they are not the same thing.

I KNOW way lot more than you do on the subject!
I was actually THERE right afterwards!
Now, stop patronizing me, and if you want to answer any of my points, and actually conduct a civil discussion - I'd be much obliged...if not keep your ignorance to yourself.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Wow a Russian took over as prime minister and i suggest you look at the vostok battalion. Since they admitted their from Russia. Than of course thier was the dead being sent back to Russia after the Airport fiasco where the separatists attempted to take the airport. To deny Russians are calling the shots is naive. They even have recordings from Moscow to there agents in eastern Ukraine. They removed the separatists from the administration building press was all over the place. And our self appointed mayor says things like this.

On Thursday, fighters from the Vostok battalion — a militia that includes Chechens and Russians — took over the main building of the “People's Republic of Donetsk,” evicting the self-styled separatist administration that had been ensconced there for most of the past two months.

After a period of initial confusion, civilian separatists denied any falling out between the two rebel groups, with a Donetsk republic spokeswoman saying the Vostok fighters had come to help “weed out criminals,”

edit on 6/3/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bitxushanty
nice try person. reread the post I made.
nice trying to twist my words.

breakdown 4 u!
many in here want to bring up the countries involved in ukraines past history as if they cant change and will always do the same sick deeds. my point is: if Germany was currently in an armed conflict, would it be FAIR to say that Germany is gonna act in this current conflict as they did 60 years ago in their last conflict and commiting the same atrocities.

was that easier for you?

here is another analogy. is it fair to say America conducts itself in world affairs and armed conflicts as it did 70 years ago? or do we seem more empire driven now? the whole world was on fire before we would consider getting involved in ww2, hell it took an attack on us. are we that patient now?

this thread is not about comparing the past of countries with todays conflicts. is it? if so change the title!
THIS THREAD IS ACTUALLY SUPPOSED TO REFLECT THE CURRENT EVENTS AS THEY ARE HAPPENING IN UKRAINE TODAY.
btw, sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me. sorry.
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: ADD CONTENT

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Based on your posts I doubt it.

You invoked Kosovo, which btw is in the past, and tried to argue they are the same when in fact they are not.

I am not patronizing you. I am responding to your posts and correcting / clarifying your information since it lacks of facts. I did try to answer your claims - I pointed out Kosovo is not the same situation. I was civil about it.. Just because I don't agree with you it does not make me uncivil.

Ignorance? LOL

that is exactly what im talking about.
You guys come in and get pissed because there are people who don't agree with you. You demand they stop making an argument / using facts / comparison while at the same time you engage in the very action you demand be stopped.

just as Russia is doing with Ukraine and Russian actions in Chechnya -
Novye Aldi massacre.
Russia refused to investigate the massacre and the Russian forces that caused it were never brought to justice.

I will point out that my response was addressing the claims. Yours is a personal attack.

if you know what you are talking about and I am ignorant then why have you not bothered to post information / sources to refute my argument?

edit on 3-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridrproof of admittance please or it is wild speculation

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: IamTheManWithThePlan

Please learn about Kosovo and the false claim people make about the 2 situations. Hell even the UN members have stated they are not the same thing.

Now, stop patronizing me, and if you want to answer any of my points, and actually conduct a civil discussion - I'd be much obliged...if not keep your ignorance to yourself.

OH so you were on the losing side apparently and are bitter about it? Well that is too badi guess. sorry but we cant all claim victory. Kosovo was the fault of soem morons in control killing off a whole ethnicity and or trying to. The people who were invilved in that genocide deserved what they got.

ANd how does Kosovo relate to Ukraine btw?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
WHY IS THIS CRAP NOT IN THE HOAX BIN MODS

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bitxushanty
a reply to: letscit

I'm sorry Letscit but what you just said is racist, and unilateral, i actualy live in Europe, so you say germans will always want to kill jews?? so if i take that analogy then all US wants it's to take their crappy society and impose it on oil countries. See very bad analogy...

I wouldnt worry the Putin crowd thinks its ok to insult people see it post after post. They use inflammatory words such as NAZI and Gay and Junta to the point it identifies them immediately in posts. They show a hatred for anyone not buying into Putins divinity. And try desperately to ignore the reality of the situation claiming anyone who doesn't buy Russian propaganda is a NAZI even though Russian media has been caught lying time after time. The Russian narrative is falling apart like right sector getting less than 1 percent of the votes but supposedly there taking over Kiev.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: letscit wow, does anyone or 2 not try to get the last word in?
huh wonder why.

edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: idk

I rest my case your honor!
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: idiot replies

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Wow a Russian took over as prime minister and i suggest you look at the vostok battalion. Since they admitted there from Russia. Than of course there was the dead being sent back to Russia after the Airport fiasco where the separatists attempted to take the airport. To deny Russians are calling the shots is naive. They even have recordings from Moscow to there agents in eastern Ukraine. They removed the separatists from the administration building press was all over the place. And our self appointed mayor says things like this.

On Thursday, fighters from the Vostok battalion — a militia that includes Chechens and Russians — took over the main building of the “People's Republic of Donetsk,” evicting the self-styled separatist administration that had been ensconced there for most of the past two months.

After a period of initial confusion, civilian separatists denied any falling out between the two rebel groups, with a Donetsk republic spokeswoman saying the Vostok fighters had come to help “weed out criminals,”

Not sure if I understood you correctly, please explain:
- Who took over as prime-minister, and where?
- Who admitted they're from Russia?
- How are Russians calling the shots, when it's obvious that the rebels lack everything from camos to firepower?
- Point to the said recordings (any credible links?)
- Please use links when quoting stuff, as it makes a world of difference whom you're quoting (there's a propaganda war going on between the two sides, you know
)

Oh, and I gave up on explaining people the difference between "they're", "their", "there" a long time ago. I blame the education system!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: letscit
a reply to: dragonridrproof of admittance please or it is wild speculation

Im going to assume english isnt your first language or second for that matter. What admittance i didnt post the video and have no idea if its valid. In fact if it was showed on RT its probably not.

(post by IamTheManWithThePlan removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Wow a Russian took over as prime minister and i suggest you look at the vostok battalion. Since they admitted there from Russia. Than of course there was the dead being sent back to Russia after the Airport fiasco where the separatists attempted to take the airport. To deny Russians are calling the shots is naive. They even have recordings from Moscow to there agents in eastern Ukraine. They removed the separatists from the administration building press was all over the place. And our self appointed mayor says things like this.

Not sure if I understood you correctly, please explain:
- Who took over as prime-minister, and where?
- Who admitted they're from Russia?
- How are Russians calling the shots, when it's obvious that the rebels lack everything from camos to firepower?
- Point to the said recordings (any credible links?)
- Please use links when quoting stuff, as it makes a world of difference whom you're quoting (there's a propaganda war going on between the two sides, you know
)

Oh, and I gave up on explaining people the difference between "they're", "their", "there" a long time ago. I blame the education system!

Ok apparently you havnt been keeping up with the situation at all you have the internet use it or look back in this thread as well. What i was refering to the self-proclaimed "Prime Minister" of the pro-Russian separatists' self-declared "People's Republic of Donetsk" Alexander Borodai look him up.Hes a Russian who now has taken over the separatists movement odd that they would put a Russian in charge dont you think?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
WHY IS THIS CRAP NOT IN THE HOAX BIN MODS

There is no room in the hoax bin as it is currently filled to top with RT media accounts and Russian justification (which could be used as a category on jeopardy with the number of justifications Putin gave) to invade Ukraine.

So what we are left with here is spirited debate that forces people to either learn history and the facts to go along with it or ignore history and facts and substitute it with their own reality.

Either way facts can be found in a lot of the media accounts on both sides.

Your Honor, a courtroom is a crucible. In it, we burn away irrelevancies until we're left with a pure product - the truth, for all time.

We do a little of the same in these forums.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

They missed it apparently.

However that change brings up an interesting possibility. Currently Russian FM Lavrov is pushing for a UN agreement demanding a "safe corridor" to be established to allow "civilians" to leave the area.

im thinking Russian concern about loss of life is a distraction. I think the intent behind the Russian suggestion is to establish an area they can move men / weapons / equipment / supplies while reducing the chances of being caught.

Its not very civil for Russia to use the deaths of civilian as an excuse to secure an arms corridor.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

OH so you were on the losing side apparently and are bitter about it? Well that is too badi guess. sorry but we cant all claim victory. Kosovo was the fault of soem morons in control killing off a whole ethnicity and or trying to. The people who were invilved in that genocide deserved what they got.

ANd how does Kosovo relate to Ukraine btw?

Yes, I was (am) on the losing side, but not because I am directly involved (because I'm not), but because I was sure that breaking International Law is not only immoral, but will come back to bite at some point.
But, I guess you already made up your mind on how it's all nice and peachy listening to the experts on CNN and FoxNews.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

So Russia is not at war with Ukraine

Just like the U.S is not at war with Pakistan or Somalia or anywhere else that is getting droned

ok got it

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdrasince you like quotes, I have a few from ben franklin for you. im sure you know who he is, if not google it.

1)This will be the best security for maintaining our liberties. A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins.

2)Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.

3)There never was a good war or a bad peace.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
I will bet it is a way for them to get the people out of the way before they come on in. just logic dude, no proof. to not think this situation will not escalate is absurd at this point. sides have been taken. chinas military has issued warnings and threats with alliance to Russia. this is the stupidest thing to go down in my 44 years. and why? because of lies and conquest.

new topics

top topics

<< 627  628  629    631  632  633 >>

join